News and updates à la Française

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by cholla, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

hahaha.
    at least he has crush on redheads :D

i think lorenz didn't compete internatioally in the last 2 years.

2. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

Let's see if they even get to the point of representing anyone. With Alexis Miart you never know how long this sort of commitment will last...

Tiffany really deserves a good partner.

3. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

New interview with Péchalat and Bourzat before Worlds by Jean-Christophe Berlot
    http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/03/19/69628222/not-finis-yet-p233chalat-bourzat-head-for-worlds
    Excerpt:

4. Zemgirl

I noticed this:
    I wonder how seriously they were practicing? It could have been interesting to watch this practice group ;) I hope they'll all have a better experience in Saitama than they did in Sochi.

In other French news, it looks like Yretha Silete was in a show in Guadeloupe this past weekend. I wonder if this means that she's getting closer to returning to competition?

5. LittleWalt

LittleWalt Active Member

I second this too!! :)

6. Sylvia

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  7. casken

casken Well-Known Member

Wow.... so who's left?

8. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

No one. The deadline's past for entering entries and substitutes, and there aren't any other French Men with the Worlds TES minimums, except Ponsart, from last season.

9. Zemgirl

Chafik Bessghier, so France will be down to one man next year. They had no substitutes, Ponsart is I think recovering from an injury (and probably didn't have the TES minimum) and Joubert of course is done.

I don't know what kind of shape Amodio is in, but it seems to me like a decent performance at Worlds would have helped him more going into the future than thinking about everything that went wrong the entire off-season. But then, maybe he's in no shape to have a decent performance at Worlds.

10. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

I meant no one left to substitute. Besseghier was listed originally and is still in. He must have passed his test skate at Challenge Cup, where he had a :kickass: SP.

11. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

Lynn Rutherford ‏@LynnRutherford 11hrs.

Steuer worked with Florent Amodio during the Art on Ice shows in Switzerland , but no decision on whether he will be his coach. #Worlds2014

:D

12. joeperryfan

joeperryfan Well-Known Member

Now I'm wondering if he'll have the nerves to work with Ingo, if he does we could be about to witness an epic work partnership.

13. Zemgirl

It's an intriguing possibility. Steuer would be able to give Amodio some interesting material and keep his tacky tendencies in check, but whether he'd make a good coach for a singles skater in general and Amodio specifically is another matter.

14. reut

reut Active Member

15. Seerek

Seerek Well-Known Member

Chafik Besseghier helps his own cause in securing a Worlds spot for 2015 by earning 2 spots for France for next year's Worlds (assuming Florent Amodio comes back healthy and ready for next year).

16. morqet

morqet Well-Known Member

17. Irish-Angel

Irish-Angel Member

Steuer and Amodio :eek: :
    I´m wondering if Ingo is keeping his nerves in check ......:D

18. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

19. Hanna

Hanna Wheeeeeeeeeee

20. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

A vote by club presidents. Last time, DG got 88%. I doubt Gwendal can do better :(

21. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

http://www.vosgestelevision.tv/sport/retransmission/Gala_de_patinage_artistique-FIHB3FjWbU?fb=1

The French Team is on tour this month and this is a pretty good quality link. (I don't think it's geoblocked)
    Brian, Flo Chafik, Mae-Berenice, Lenaelle, the 3 ice dance teams and James-Cipres are doing the tour.

Brian recently said that he is still considering pairs and that would only be a 2-3 year stint. He wants to have pairs experience to be more knowledgeable in his coaching career. He even said he would have to move to Detroit or Russia to be in a pair center. There are a couple of ladies under consideration at the moment. (We all know he would prefer Valentina)

22. Sylvia

23. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

Thanks, Sylvia! Interesting to see Albert Camus mentioned in an figure skating interwiew. Le chat Chafik got lots of sympathy points from me after this interwiew.

24. Zemgirl

I think I saw that - he also mentioned not wanting to do shows for too long, because he figures that if he wants to coach it's not a good idea to be away from competitive skating for too long. Sounds like he has the whole coaching thing pretty well planned, I hope it works out for him.

That's a nice interview. I'm super impressed with what Chafik has been able to achieve considering how late he started skating, and while he'll never have the best basics, I like that he's ambitious and trying to do his own thing choreo-wise.

25. joeperryfan

We can't fault Brian for being inconsistent in his statements, he's been saying the pairs thing for a long time, the ridiculous part of it being that he never moved away from France to further his singles career and he doesn't like living abroad, so what are the odds of that happening now? Besides pairs is really tough and he is not a spring chicken, I'm afraid it could lead to some nasty injury, something he hasn't had so far. Long story short, I think it's a bad idea.

Chafik is a nice fellow, I hope he continues on a good path.

26. nicolas23

nicolas23 Member

who is valentina
    i'm new here

27. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Valentina Marchei, who competes in singles for Italy and trains in Detroit. She and Joubert used to be a couple. She's now engaged to Rockne Brubaker, who's skated Pairs for the US, but presumably is retired, as he's taken a director position at a rink in (or near) Chicago. (See below: I got this so wrong.)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  28. joeperryfan

kirkbiggestfan was referring to Valentina Marchei,

29. nicolas23

nicolas23 Member

30. Zemgirl

I don't see it happening, either, though I understand his wanting some actual experience if he's to coach any aspiring pairs skaters in the future.

Maybe Joubert should shadow Ingo Steuer, if Savchenko/Massot end up skating for France ;) (too many strong personalities for it to ever happen, of course)

That'll be news to Stefania Berton (and Rockne himself :D).