New Years Day (or the next day)What Are You Doing?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Cachoo, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

What are you doing now or what are you doing this New Year's Day or whatever day it happens to be where you live?

I am giving "Bunheads" a second chance and have their "marathon" on while doing bills. And I am taking frequent breaks with my malamute to play in the snow. (She is beyond overjoyed with the snowfall.)

2. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

I am enjoying the Christmas lights one last time. The day is grey and overcast, which makes outside not so appealing but the inside just feels warm and cozy.

My mom and I are catching up on all of our HGTV/FoodTV shows on the DVR while my brother and dad watch football. Later, I'm going to paint my butterfly house, apply for some jobs, and we're going to go out to dinner later on.

3. lulu

lulu New Member

I did a yoga class to welcome the new year!

4. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

I have eaten (too many) chocolates while watching Pride & Prejudice - Matthew Macfadyen/Keira Knightley version, bought all new kitchen units and an oven in the January sales :cheer2: and now I have my Christmas tree lights twinkling - nice and cosy like Matryeshka and I'm knitting a stripey baby sweater for my niece's baby :)

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  5. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

working, and then going to dinner with a visitor. But I started getting caught up on this season of Once Upon a Time last night!

6. mkats

mkats New Member

Doing a mass cleanout of my apartment. I love cleaning and reorganizing :shuffle:

I moved here in August two days before grad school started, so I never finished unpacking a lot of stuff... then Boyfriend moved in about a week later, so that was ANOTHER wave of stuff coming in that resulted in me really never getting to the first wave, and then we were insanely busy during first semester and went home right afterwards for winter break. The last four days we've been just relaxing, reorganizing furniture, making better use of shelving space, etc. and last night he made burgers and I made Indian food. I know they don't go together, I just couldn't help having a craving for both at the same time :lol:

Today it's cold and rainy outside, so I'm just finishing up with my cleaning and then we plan on curling up on the couch and watching Evangelion, as he wanted to understand where my online alias comes from (I've had it since I was 12 :) )

Happy New Year everyone!

7. susan6

susan6 Well-Known Member

Tudors marathon on BBC.

Took down the outside Christmas lights and wreath and removed most of the ornaments from the tree. Leaving the lights on it for now.

8. Simone411

Simone411 Just Flip-Flopping Around

I watched the Rose Parade this morning which was awesome. I, then, ate the traditional black-eyed peas & cabbage with cornbread. Now, I'm watching movies and just relaxing while posting here at the wonderful FSU. :)

9. cygnus

cygnus Liberal Furry

Spent most of the day travelling. Just 2 one hour flights, but with connections and delays it always takes a long time. Anyways, we're home now, and we had a lovely time in Windsor and Detroit with our "chosen*" family (friends of 35 years). Last night we were at a "speakeasy party" with everyone in 1920s costumes drinking our wine out of teacups (and playing blackjack and craps with fake money). Lots of fun!

*not that there is anything wrong with my birth family-they are just as lovely!

10. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

I did a double work out in an effort to get rid of the large red velvet cake that I ate last night. It's not working so far. Ugh.

11. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Mr. Habs went to a movie and I spent the day in the kitchen baking cupcakes (we celebrate Puppy Habs's birthday on New Years :shuffle:) and cooking. My parents and brother came for supper and we played a few games of cards.

12. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

I went shopping and got some great deals at Dillards (clothes) and Macy's (Christmas jewelry). Tomorrow I go back to work.

I also made some phone calls to family members to wish them a happy new year.

13. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

Norwalk Virus- My granddaughter shared it with almost everyone who came to my house for dinner on the 28th.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  14. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

Trying to recover from bronchitis. Not easy at 77.