NEW video with Shizuka Arakawa

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by bartek, Jul 3, 2012.

1. bartek

bartek New Member

This is the new version of my video with Shizuka's triple-triple(-triple) combinations.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh5jVTphM3I

I love how it goes from simple triple 3T-3T to 3S-3T-3Lo. Even though many of them are underrotated the video shows how superior Shizuka was technically.
  2. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

I know it took some time and effort to compose that video. Thanks for sharing. I always appreciated the fact that Shizuka's technical abilities were pretty sharp. The quality shows the majority of the time with the triple combinations (even with the underrotated triples).
  3. bartek

bartek New Member

You're welcome! This is probably my favourite triple-triples video.
  4. casken

casken Well-Known Member

The fact that she could still do lutz/loop and toe/toe combos as recently as 2010 suggests she could have stayed on and perhaps won a few more world titles. She probably could still be competitive today. She's only gotten better. :kickass:
  5. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

I miss Shizuka :(. Her 3-3s and ina bauer were breathtaking! :swoon:
  6. galaxy

galaxy Active Member

She still landed 3-3 in a show this summer. (The person who told me that didn't tell what kind though.) She still keeps that long and spectacular ina bauer and her flow, speed and magnificent ice coverage are still there. She hasn't lost her flexbility in spirals and spins, although a little slower than she did during the days she was competing. But people say with a little brush up, she could still compete.