New Tara article

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by neptune, Oct 6, 2010.

1. neptune

neptune Well-Known Member

Has this link been posted yet? I searched but couldn't find any threads about it. I'll just play it safe and post this thread in the Trash Can. It can always get promoted. :)

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature...olympics-and-new-career-sports-commentator-10

;)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  2. bardtoob

bardtoob Well-Known Member

:rofl: ... she had a 3T and a 3S, no 2A, in 2002.

I don't care that she didn't have 3-3s in 2002 since she grew a lot after 1998 like Oksana did after 1994, but why try to be over the top now.

3. Karpenko

Karpenko Well-Known Member

:lol: nevermind.

4. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

And here we go again . . .

5. neptune

Just in time for the cooler weather. ;)

6. Angela-Fan

Angela-Fan Well-Known Member

thanks it was a great article

7. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Meeeee-OWWWW.

8. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

I hope people (especially some of the more...vocal detractors) actually read the interview and not just go by Neptune's quotes, ;)

9. neptune

You're welcome. :)

I heard that Tara does too. ;)

10. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Oh Neptune, you are very, very BAD! I believed that Tara actually said those things!! (I was thinking--wow, when did she get so sarcastic??) Heeheehee!!

11. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I think she had a blast.

12. Karpenko

Karpenko Well-Known Member

Tee-hee. :shuffle:

13. neptune

And that's good, isn't it? ;)

14. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

She didn't even mention her epic film Metro Chase :wuzrobbed:.

15. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I figured that's what you did when your post changed so abruptly. :)

Personally, I think it would have been awesome if she'd given those answers! :D

16. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Tara still looks quite young.

17. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

:huh: She's only 28. What did you expect her to look like? Gray haired & wrinkled?

18. RockTheTassel

RockTheTassel Well-Known Member

I think Orbitz meant that Tara looks young for her age. If I didn't know she was twenty-eight, I'd probably guess about twenty or so, judging from that picture.

19. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

:lol:

:confused: I wonder what she is basing this belief on. Tara had a very notorious flutz and I never recall her doing tons of transitions in her programs when she was competing. She wasn't known for having spectacular spins, spirals, or footwork. Also, her small jumps would not have garnered high GOE marks.

Sparks and (deleted member) like this.
  20. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

I'll say this for Tara, she seems very up beat and positive and she definitely knows how to put a good spin on things. Definitely. :D
    Since she apparently has had a total of a dozen roles, I thought that a little editing was in order, just for the sake journalistic honesty. ;)
    So Tara's spent the better part of the past decade "getting roles in Hollywood" but she's moved on now and commentating rather than acting is what she really wants to do (except if an offer of acting gig came up, she would definitely do it). Definitely. :shuffle:

:wideeyes: Visions of a 35 year old Tara competing in 2018. Pretty sure that would not be much "fun, fun, fun" for her so I guess it's really a good thing she won in 1998. (I don't think her hip would have held out for half that long, despite her denials about the role injury has played in her leaving skating -- eligible or show.)

21. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

It was a good interview -- she handled herself well and sounds quite mature. I'd be careful and read the whole thing before focusing on any single quote, and I say that as somebody who definitely was a Kwan fan.

As a commentator, I found her a whole lot better than Hamilton.

Angela-Fan and (deleted member) like this.
  22. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

I read the entire interview -- and as I said, Tara definitely was positive, up-beat, and put a very good spin on her post-Nagano life experiences. Definitely. ;) She may have stretched things in a few places and definitely over-used a few words, but, yes, it was a good interview.
    Interesting that she named Scott as her inspiration for wanting to try commentating herself. Thank goodness that if she was inspired by Scott, she hasn't emulated his style. Disclaimer: I say that as somebody who definitely is most definitely NOT a fan of Scott's commentary. :slinkaway

23. Dilng

Dilng Well-Known Member

A good interview:) I'm happy that she is commentating too, she should be doing it as she is really good at it. I think she was being polite though, when she said was inspired by Scott because he is a terrible commentator!!

24. neptune

Maybe she was inspired in the sense of: "If I ever become a commentator, I'm sure not going to sound like that!" ;)

25. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

I assume Tara is angling for a spot on NBC with Scott, and she's trying to curry a little favor ;)

26. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

Scott messes up a lot but there are aspects he is good at.

27. tangerine_dream

tangerine_dream New Member

"After spending the better part of the past ten years getting roles in Hollywood..."

Well, the writer lost all credibility right there.

28. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

:rofl: :EVILLE:
    She can coast on the success of Metro Chase the same way Sharon Stone has on Basic Instinct....

skatingfan5 and (deleted member) like this.
  29. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

I read it.... It did nothing to help my preception of her. All those years of "acting is my goal" are now "well I really wanted to be in skating" YEAH RIGHT? That's why we haven't seen her do ANYTHING until this year. Shouldn't this be "I finally woke up and realized I am not going to make it as an actress"

And more of Tara and her "commentary skills" YUCK! Sorry, but I found her boring and kind of "self centered" (Note to Tara.. Your "competetion" days are no longer relevant!)

30. UGG

UGG Well-Known Member

I liked her as a commentator overall. She does talk about herself alot though which started to get annoying but other than that I thought she was really good and I liked hearing what she had to say.