1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Students for Yuka and Jason

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by OrioleBeagle, Dec 13, 2010.

1. OrioleBeagle

OrioleBeagle AARROOOO!!!

After the season is over, which singles skaters do you think should switch to Yuka and Jason? Also, what pair team would you send to Jason?

2. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

Not that they're doing badly at all(that's an understatement), but I think that Yuka and Jason could take Yankowskas and Coughlin to the next level.

3. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

How about MBM/RB? Nicks will retire at some point very soon.

4. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

5. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

They only have two high-profiled students so far in their coaching career, and those students were already high-profiled before coming to them. It's not a long track record of success like a Frank Caroll has, so I don't know why skaters would immediately want to jump on the Yuka-Jason bandwagon. Jason hasn't had any pair at the top level either.

6. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

One can only hope.

7. mgobluegirl

mgobluegirl Well-Known Member

Gilles. She already has DSC connections (Piper and Todd trained there last year), and she desperately needs a new situation, IMO.

8. pinky166

pinky166 #teamtrainwreck #teamdiva

Agreed. Also maybe Ashley Wagner, depending on her results during the rest of the season. Priscilla hasn't really helped take her to the next level, IMO.

9. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

Mike Sorrentino?

10. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

The whole Morozov camp! and Mao!

Yuka and Jason, the Miracle workers!!! :p

11. krenseby

krenseby New Member

That's kinda interesting, considering that Priscilla is credited for much of Johnny's success. I've always had high consideration for her coaching abilities so I am surprised that Ashley hasn't benefited from working with her.

12. JerseySlore

JerseySlore Active Member

Czisny and Abbott were already excellent in terms of style and musicality before they went to Yuka, so I'm not sure about her ability to package skaters, but I want to ship every headcase to her rink. Phaneuf and Cassar off the top of my head.

13. pinky166

Most of Morozov's students are actually pretty consistent though. As for Mao, you may be on to something ;)

Oh I know, Stephen Carriere! He used to have soo much potential but now he's kinda all over the place :shuffle:

14. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

Send all the Canadian women there!

15. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka #pogorilaya #queentuktamysheva

Yuka & Jason are becoming quite the "It" team.

16. miki88

miki88 Active Member

Let's give Papa Sato some more time with Mao, shall we? :) I would like to see Mao go to his daughter for choreography though.

17. reese

reese Well-Known Member

Jason Dungjen... talk about marrying up.

18. smarts1

smarts1 Well-Known Member

I'd say that Ashley has definitely improved a lot under Piscilla, but I don't think there's much else Priscilla can do with Ashley, and I don't think Ashley will be leaving any time soon.

19. pinky166

But that's maybe why she should leave Priscilla, because Priscilla has done about as much as she can with Ashley, so if Ashley wants to get to the next level, she'd probably be better off switching coaches.

20. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but since Ashley is one of my favorites, who would actually improve her skating?? It seems it would have to be someone who can rein in her overambitiousness

21. pinky166

I don't know. It just seems like Ashley is Priscilla's top student, and she coaches a lot of skaters who compete internationally, but none who are quite in the top echelon of international competitors. Maybe if Ashley went to a coach who has students who were at the top of the international scene, he/she could help her get to that threshold.