New Show: The Walking Dead(on AMC)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Satellitegirl, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Anyone else watching this? I watched the first episode last night and it was great. Nothing like a good zombie show! lol It isn't watered down as far as some gore thrown in for good measure, too.

http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/

2. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

The first two airings conflicted with Battle of the Blades and the third airing was past my bedtime ... but I DVRed it and I'm looking forward to watching it tonight.

3. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I saw it and boy was it ever worth the effort!!! Loved it!!! If there could be a half dozen or so vampire shows on tv, why not one zombie show?! And it is on here on sundays at 10pm which is the perfect night for me to be able to watch! :cheer2: I did feel like crying when the darling little horsey became zombie food. :wuzrobbed

4. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Yeah, I thought that sucked :(. I thought it was somewhat dumb on his part to ride a horse into that....horse=flesh...HELLO. lol

5. MartineB

MartineB New Member

My boyfriend is a zombie freak, so I got it for him on Itunes, since our cable company doesn't carry AMC. It was a Halloween surprise and he's beyond thrilled. And now I figured out how to hook up his Ipod to the tv, so he'll be even more thrilled to watch it on a big screen instead of on the computer. I don't handle horror well, but zombies and vampires are cool with me and this series is awesome so far!

6. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I DVR'd and will watch some time this week.

7. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

I knew that horse was toast as soon as the streets started to get more and more crowded with cars. Why would you let yourself get boxed in that way?

Other than that, I thought the episode was awesome.

8. Lainerb

Lainerb New Member

I am loving it so far, but I share the dismay over the horse being killed. I found it distasteful and I always thought zombies just craved human flesh...

Anyway, I wonder: what will happen to the father and son that the main character left behind?

9. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

10. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

YAY!!!! :cheer2:

11. Daphne

Daphne Active Member

AMC is getting the reputation for doing quality products (Mad Men, Breaking Bad - neither of which I watch), and The Walking Dead is no exception. I'm glad it did well in the ratings.

12. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Yep I'm really happy it did well in ratings(gave AMC it's highest ratings for a show yet IIRC). The world needs more zombies.....on TV anyhow ;)

13. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it. For me, though, it's the fact that it's a post-apocalyptic story (which I love) more than the fact that it's a zombie story (which are meh, IMO). Although when he turned the corner and came to the wall of zombies ... that was pretty cool.

My only quibble was his cluelessness when he went into Atlanta. The lanes leading into the city were completely deserted, while the outbound lanes were bumper-to-bumper with cars -- um, big clue there dude!

14. AliasJohnDoe

15. PrincessLeppard

Question: How long was our hero out cold in the hospital? Could it be four weeks? Tops? So in four weeks, wifey has avoided zombies and fallen in love with hubby's woman-hating partner?

Other than that, I think it's pretty realistic. I'm hoping racist bastard becomes zombie food. :watch:

16. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I doubt he was out that long. Me thinks that wifey and partner were "partnering up" before hubby got injured. :EVILLE:

17. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Yeah I got the impression she was already cheating on him before zombiepocalypse.

18. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:mitchell: Say "neigh" to Equinicide!

19. Daphne

Daphne Active Member

20. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

hey now! Awesome! :cheer2:

21. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

I should watch this because a friend of mine is in it (playing Andrea) but I really can't handle gore... :shuffle:

22. venja

venja New Member

The only show of the new season that I like, other than Raising Hope.

I'm wondering when the two groups are going to meet up - it sure is going to be interesting when Rick and his wife reunite!

23. AliasJohnDoe

My favorite new series of the season!!! So glad it's getting a season 2.

24. Lainerb

Lainerb New Member

Hmm...I don't buy that their idea to cover themselves with rotting zombie flesh would have worked all that well. Also, feel like they should be turning cause I doubt they kept all that blood away from their mouth... :lol:

25. AliasJohnDoe

26. AliasJohnDoe

27. PrincessLeppard

The percentage of assholes who survived the apocalypse appears to be fairly high. We have two racists and a wife beater so far.

Though I like that racist #1 sawed his arm off. :EVILLE:

28. screech

screech Well-Known Member

I like the show but it does get quite dull at points. And tonight's episode didn't have nearly enough Thriller rejects!!

29. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

They said I believe only three episodes left. Anyone know how come or was I imagining things?

30. challon

challon New Member

There is only six episodes in the first season.