New Rohene Ward Article on IN

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Impromptu, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Impromptu

Impromptu Well-Known Member

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120618&content_id=33511892&vkey=ice_news

Also some mention of his work with Jason Brown:

Kasey and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Alex Forrest

Alex Forrest Banned Member

Good for him. He was far too talented to not be performing. I'm glad he's getting good work. He was so frustrating to watch as an amateur, because he'd win practices constantly and then go out and blow every jump. I've never seen a 3axel out of no speed or preparation done as well, and his quad was as easy as a triple. And then he had those spins and his charisma. I'm happy for him. Looks like he's found his niche.

3. Pikachuusb

Pikachuusb Active Member

Yeah, we loved Rohene as well. He easily blew everyone out of the water during practices. Shame he wasnt able to bring it to competition ice. When we saw Jason Brown for the 1st time we thought he reminded us of Rohene & it turned out he was choreographing for him. No wonder we love Jason Brown's style. Im glad Rohene is still performing :) We wish him the very best of luck in anything he does :)

4. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I think the world of Rohene; and await Jason's programs with pleasure.
    More power to them!

5. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

It's great to see Rohene doing so well and finding so many different creative outlets. And I can't wait to see what he does with Jason's programs!

6. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

Does anybody know how Rohene felt at the time when ABC featured him and inserted his mother into their story line? I always wondered if he looked at that as being a positive or a negative. It certainly helped his name recognition and the public became aware of his talent, so I'd say it was good. At the time, though, it was like watching a train wreck.

7. TwizzlerS

TwizzlerS Well-Known Member

I remember Rohene's warm-up for the SP (I believe) at 2006 Nationals. He did a beautiful quad toe.

8. Pikachuusb

Pikachuusb Active Member

LOL speaking of wrecks, at that Nationals I was soo heartbroken for him while at the arena & when I talked to my mom on the phone about the event, she asked if I saw Rohene, she was all teared up when she watched on tv. Both of us wanted him to do well. Lots of love for that boy :)

9. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

I hope he helps Jason finally conquer that 3A!

But even more, I'm looking forward to seeing more of Rohene's choreo.

I miss seeing him skate. Too bad HoI never comes to the US.

10. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

^^ Yes, unfortunately all the best ice shows these days never come to the U.S.

I love Rohene, and it's great seeing that he's feeling fulfilled and challenged as a pro skater, teacher and choreographer:

A creative show like 'Speed' is a perfect match ... 'It really pushed me and challenged me as an artist, because I was able to go in different directions than I would normally go. I was also able to work with a lot of other skaters in the show ... on elements and stuff because I still teach a lot and I love teaching and choreographing.'

'I am a performer at heart,' he said. 'Performing so much made it become more of a natural, regular thing. It taught me how to harness it and keep it at that same level all the time.' As much as he loves performing, Rohene can also envision himself as a choreographer or performance director.

11. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Condolences to Rohene Ward and his family on the passing of his father. :(