New Phil Hersh blog

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by aprilkitty, Oct 29, 2010.

1. aprilkitty

aprilkitty New Member

2. hirshey girl

hirshey girl New Member

Love this quote by Nagasu, "in a tweet last week: ``I told my mom my legs are worth gold. . .she told me that it's unfortunate my brain doesn't have the same value.'' :lol::lol: Good luck to her this season!
  3. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

:lol: I love her! Hope her foot is ok and wish her the best this season.
  4. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

Zawadzki will be surprised to read that she won JW bronze, since she brought home the silver medal from The Hague.
  5. smarts1

smarts1 Well-Known Member

:huh: I thought Orser denied the fact that someone from Asada's camp approached him. And wth does Orser have to do with Asada's jump problems? There are a billion jump doctors out there who aren't Orser. Sheesh, Phil Hersh needs to get a life.

Is it really necessary to use such strong and stupid words in his articles? They make it sound like he's the god the of the skating world when he not. :wall:
  6. v.Nistelrooy

v.Nistelrooy New Member

Subject: rumours
    Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 20:46:04 -0400

Hi Yuna, hope you are well and getting some rest. i am sure you have heard some of the rumours that have been going around about Mao. I just want you to know that I am loyal to you and am always here for you. Her agency did inquire about me ( and team ) working with her, I told them that you are my first priority. I have to say that I was flattered she has an interest, but your skating comes first.

source : Phil Hersh Blog August 25 2010

ITA
  7. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

I think Kostner was propped up, at least on the PCS score

For those who recently stated that Frank had tamed "Miss Nagasu" lol
  8. geod2

geod2 New Member

Talk about stupid words that were completely unnecessary to say to his "first priority" and main meal ticket....Why didn't he just add "I was really tempted" just to rub it in.

...and Orser really wonders why he got fired?
    ...The definition of low emotional intelligence.

:rolleyes:

9. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Active Member

10. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Active Member

:eek:
  11. bek

bek Guest

Haven't we done this to absolute death. Seriously even I've moved on.

I don't get Hersh here. Sato is a fabulous coach. Brian is obviously a fabulous coach to but who says Brian would do a better job fixing Mao's jumps than Sato. Working with Sato means that Mao gets to train at home with her friends and family, something she obviously wants, and gets to have a coach she can fully communicate with.
    RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  12. geod2

geod2 New Member

Bek-
    I was off the grid for a while with family issues and missed how much the Orser-YuNa conflict got worked over here on FSU....I should've known better......it's such a wonderfully snarky and emotional thing to dive into in FS terms.
    Well, this IS a forum and people are free to speak their mind, and others are free to respond.
    I apologize if this horse was already dead.....my bad.
    ;)

I really hope Mao can make a comeback from early season problems like she did last year....her determination in the face of adversity last year was a real inspiration...
    I love watching her skating when she's "on" , the music and choreography are right, and she's not struggling.

13. ever

ever New Member

Subject: rumours
    Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 20:46:04 -0400

Hi Yuna, hope you are well and getting some rest. i am sure you have heard some of the rumours that have been going around about Mao. I just want you to know that I am loyal to you and am always here for you. Her agency did inquire about me ( and team ) working with her, I told them that you are my first priority. I have to say that I was flattered she has an interest, but your skating comes first.

source : Phil Hersh Blog August 25 2010

I really hope Orser become Mao's coach. It will be very interesting.:lol:
  14. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

It's been corrected. ;)
  15. hirshey girl

hirshey girl New Member

Well, I am not counting Mao out at all. I think she will come on strong later in the season. Maybe her coach is reworking some things that she's not quite comfortable with yet? Anyway, I always take things that Hersh writes with a huge grain of salt and it's only his opinion, not fact.
  16. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

Here's the deal...

You READ him. If you don't approve the thing to do is quit reading LOL!

Hits = success. If yoiu want him to fail.. Don't click, but whining about his writing style won't really do much.

I don't Hersh "hate" on here. If you don't like his stuff. Just ignore him. If enough peole did that he wiould be moved to another sport..... They aren't paying him for 'no hits" LOL! (I know that no one will be able to resist however. THat said I never even bother to read his stuff. I don't dislike him I just figure all the good stuff got repeated here!)