New pair: Popowa/Glebov

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sera, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Sera

Sera Active Member

2. sandra_persch

sandra_persch Well-Known Member

3. Little Princess

Little Princess New Member

Wow...I think I've seen her ages ago...competing with my little sister at some competition in Germany.
  4. Civic

Civic New Member

How many pairs will this give Ingo?
  5. elfenblüte

elfenblüte New Member

Will they skate for Estonia or Germany?
  6. Little Princess

Little Princess New Member

well he has S/S, Morand/Dorsaz + Popowa/Glebov now. Makes 3 pairs for Ingo.
    Or are there more?
  7. RUKen

RUKen Guest

Ingo Steuer had stated earlier this spring that he would not coach any more German pairs, so they are likely to skate for Estonia.
  8. grandma

grandma New Member

I can`t imagine them skating for Germany is she is the the Darija Popowa from Berlin., as Glebov would have to sit out for a year. the estonian federation seems to be quite generous as they already supported Glebov whilst training with Siudek so why would they switch to a federation which has no financial means, and who can´t pay any money towards the training as there are still issues about Steuer, which unfortunately haven`t been solved.:hat1:
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  9. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

Daria Popova indeed has been living and skating in Berlin, Germany for a while. I saw her maybe two years ago in Natalia Pavlova's group in Moscow. She was waiting for a partner. Apparently later she also went to St. Petersburg, but obviously she never found a suitable partner in Russia.
    The new pair Popova/Glebov will compete for Estonia AFAIK. As others stated, it wouldn't make much sense for them to compete for Germany which would be impossible anyway as long as not at least one partner holds German citizenship (but I don't know if Daria has become a German citizen and for how long she lived in Berlin).
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

So is she Russian?
  11. Fashionista

Fashionista New Member

12. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Estonia doesn't allow dual citizenship, and while the Estonian government was willing to give Caitlyn Mallory some kind of provisional citizenship that would expire after five years so that she could get back her US citizenship after that, are they going to do that for a Russian citizen? If Popova gained German citizenship, would she be willing to give that up for a different EU country?

They might well be able to quality for an Olympic spot, especially under Steuer.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I think giving up Russian and accepting Estonian citizenship would be a very good move for her. Estonian citizenship would allow her to live and work in any EU country, something that she obviously wouldn't have with the Russian one.
  14. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Definitely good for her, but will Estonia grant citizenship to her unless she meets the official criteria (residency, language, etc.) because she is a Russian citizen?
  15. Yukari Lepisto

Yukari Lepisto New Member

what about Maria Sergejeva?
  16. casken

casken Well-Known Member

Oh good. The :swoon::grope: will carry on.
  17. grandma

grandma New Member

If you are registered with facebook, you can see a profile picture of Popova/ Glebov in her profile. : Dasha Popova
  18. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Well, at least Popowa is not from Potomac, MD, or Fairfax, VA, whence commeth most of the "tourist skaters" in Ladies Singles a Worlds!
  19. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

She's on Ice Partner Search.

You're really getting boring now. :yawn:

Did one of those "illegitimate" skaters beat your daughter at a competition or something, because you're really obsessed. :p
    Last edited: May 2, 2010