New Oksana Grishuk Interview

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by RubyLaRhumba, Apr 21, 2011.

1. RubyLaRhumba

RubyLaRhumba New Member

2. VALuvsMKwan

VALuvsMKwan Wandering Goy

Such a sweet picture of Oksana and Skyler Marie Grace, and a wonderful, down-to-earth interview. She seems to be very happy and at peace with her life. Thank you for sharing it.

3. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

So is she actually called Oksana these days?

4. HisWeirness

HisWeirness Happy Russian Hunger Games!

Love that the article has the same photo of the pose that gave us the :GnP1:!

Glad to hear Oksana is doing well.

5. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

I don't know if the person who has that site reads here but in case they do I have a bit of unsolicitied constructive criticism ;) I find the font really distracting. It's the second time I've followed a link here on FSU to an interview on that site and I couldn't finish either because the leftward slant on your font actually bothers my eyes.

I'm aware they obviously like the font they chose but just thought I'd mention it as I assume someone who does this wants people to read. I may be in the minority but I imagine not the only one who reacts negatively to the fonts.

6. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

Has been for some time now. Guess the whole 'Pasha' persona was a waste of time, as people still mistook her for Oksana Baiul (shoulda kept your hair it's natural brunette color ma'am).

7. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

She sounds like a really proud mom! And it's refreshing to see an interview with a Russian skater who actually enjoys living in the US. :p I do wish she were doing something more than coaching. :( The Dancing on Ice show proved that she's still in amazing shape and very creative.

8. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting. Nice to hear that she is happy and enjoying life.

9. Civic

Civic New Member

The article didn't mention whether or not she is married. Is she?

10. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

/embarrassing/cringing/bit pathetic.

I'm glad (and hoping) that Oksana is a bit more settled these days. She always struck me as being a bit... unbalanced.

11. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

No. I don't believe she ever has been.

12. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

She went back to Oksana not long after her daughter was born.

13. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

14. Perky Shae Lynn

Perky Shae Lynn Well-Known Member

She was an amazing skater, but always rubbed me the wrong way as a person. Well, good to see she's happy.

15. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

16. pixie cut

17. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

:confused: For me the font shows up as Times New Roman, which is a widely used standard font that is favored by many online newspapers because it's supposed to be easy to read. And other than the lead in paragraph, none of it is in italics. I'm curious - what does the font look like to you? (Wondering whether your browser might be somehow showing something different.)

18. pixie cut

It's a fancy, left leaning slant for me as well. It's pretty easy to read, but it's definitely not Times New Roman. I tried copying it into Word, but the font doesn't exist in Word. It doesn't appear to exist here either.

The best approximation I could show is this
    but leaning left.

19. Civic

Civic New Member

20. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

That's really weird. I'm guessing I don't have that font so my system is defaulting to Times.

Back OT, Oksana looks great and I'm glad she's finding motherhood so rewarding.

21. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Replaced the display under my name

Yup I get the bad font too and was not interested in forcing my eyes to go through it.