New molestation charges against Michael Jackson

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Whitneyskates, May 8, 2013.

1. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

unless/until more information comes out about his lawsuit, i'm inclined to agree with that. but i assume there is addl info not divulged to the public at this time.
  2. MacMadame

MacMadame Internet Beyotch

Given the way our justice system works and given how little we know, I can't really say one way or what this guy's motivation is or what would be a better thing to do.
  3. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Put on trial and found not guilty in one case. Which doesn't mean he was found not guilty of every accusation against him.

And what does that have to do with the numerous victims of Jimmy Saville and his associates?
  4. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

And, it sounds like Robson is essentially saying that part of the reason Jackson was found not guilty was because Robson perjured himself during the trial.

I have no idea what his motivation is, but I would think that helping someone you believed to be a child molester might not be easy to live with and who know what his current state of mind/health is. Assuming, of course, that what he is saying now is the truth.
  5. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

The problem is a good attorney is going to point out that if you were lying then, how do we know you're not lying now? I think it would be very hard for him to win in court.
  6. OliviaPug

OliviaPug Well-Known Member

Yes, and the converse is true too. Maybe Robson feared he would get no work (due to Jackson's influence) if he came out against Jackson while Jackson was still living.

O-
  7. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

I personally know a couple of dancers who have worked with Wade. Apparently he is a rather tortured sole and extremely difficult to work with. Not saying that I know where his turmoil comes from but it sort of makes a bit of sense. If he is now going through therapy (which was apparently much needed) these statements could be part of the healing. Going for money is not the wisest thing to do though IMHO. Sad situation for everyone involved.
  8. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

Choreographers are artists and a lot of artists are eccentric and particular in their own way and thus can be difficult to work with. I certainly don't want to rule out that Wade is the way he is because he has been through a trauma, I'm just saying that a choreographer being difficult to work with doesn't necessarily have to mean anything ;)
    Ozzisk8tr and (deleted member) like this.
  9. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

Deleted. Double post
  10. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

While I don't believe in lie-detector test, I think a lot of people do believe in it. Wade could offer to take such a test to prove that he's telling the truth, or at least his truth.
  11. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

They are also inadmissible in court. He would have to release it to the press to make his point but it would do nothing for the court case.
  12. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

This is one reason why it's difficult to understand what his motivation is.
  13. DBZ

DBZ Well-Known Member

Looks like Wade has sold his California condo and will be moving to Hawaii with his wife and son in the wake of the molestation allegations.

That's a pretty significant move career-wise, isn't it? I imagine all the work for dancers/choreographers are based in California or New York.

Seems like he might be leaving the industry and his work for awhile--until everything surrounding the accusations and trial are settled. The media circus will be crazy.

Or maybe he's done for good and has decided to retire away from the business and raise his family in Hawaii?

News Link
  14. BigB08822

He will need some money to retire this young. He's doing himself no favors.
  15. agalisgv

agalisgv Well-Known Member

HI is one of the most expensive places to live as well. For someone out of work for a couple years, that's a pretty pricey move.
  16. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

I believe his wife is from Hawaii. It would make sense to me to leave LA and go where family is, especially since he's apparently had a rough go of it in the last couple of years.
  17. heckles

heckles Well-Known Member

Only because he was a smooth criminal.
    skipaway and (deleted member) like this.
  18. heckles

Correct. A lot of victims of childhood sexual abuse don't fully realize just how impacted they were until decades later. It's the reason that some states have lengthened their statutes of limitations on this type of crime. For example, in Pennsylvania, the victim now has until age 50 to take action.

Interesting that fans of Michael like to sing his songs from the 1970s and 1980s, yet a kid who was allegedly abused by Jacko in the 1990s is supposed to just forget those experiences.
  19. BigB08822

I would have no problem if he decided just now to sue Michael's estate for sexual abuse or if he decided to just now begin talking about it or he suddenly had a nervous breakdown because of it all these years later. The problem is that he testified under oath that nothing happened to him. All of this news about Michael supposedly molesting other children and he never once had those memories come up? I am probably being insensitive but I have a VERY hard time believing that he had absolutely no memories of being abused. I just can't give him the benefit of the doubt, here. If Michael were alive then I would eagerly await the outcome because both parties would have a chance to state their claims and defend them but this is being done after Michael died and how can he possibly defend his name? He can't, no one really can because surely Robson will say he was abused when no one else was present and then it is his word against a dead mans. The only thing Robson has is the maid or whomever that claims she saw them in the shower. It would be almost impossible to convince me after you said, under oath, that you were not abused. Was he over 18 when he originally testified? If so, he was an adult and I don't see any way out of it.
  20. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Nobody knows what the truth is. In terms of crowd reaction, I see two extreme camps. One camp believes the allegations because they either think Robson psychologically repressed his experiences and is now recognizing it for what it was (which is actually more common than you think from victims of sexual abuse) or people who dislike Jackson because they always believed that Jackson was a predator and want those beliefs to be vindicated with the other camp being full of Michael Jackson fans (due to his music) who think people are again being over-zealous with the witch-hunt with little evidence to back it up.

It's hard to remain neutral, but I think I'd rather keep an open mind about this until more details come out. Of course even then, it's hard to know who to believe because no matter where you stand on this, the timing is suspect (with the estate finally being solidified and Jackson no longer able to defend himself) and we've seen Jackson accused before by people whose motivations were suspect (or has gotten away with it because of his resources depending on what you believe).
  21. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

This is bizarre! :eek:
  22. OliviaPug

OliviaPug Well-Known Member

I have always wanted to believe in Michael Jackson's innocence; but the things he did that we know about (sleeping and probably showering with young boys, traveling with young boys, befriending young boys) and that crazy, weird interview he did pleading his case (forget the year) were just downright inappropriate and wrong. And why was he able to do those things? Because of his position, power, money, fame, and the stupidity/greed of the parents who allowed their children to be put in those situations.

I still argue with myself over this issue and Jackson's guilt vs. innocence, but no argument explains Jackson's bizarre and inappropriate behavior.

O-
  23. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

24. BigB08822

So it wasn't repressed memories at all, just that he claims he didn't realize it was sexual abuse until now? How is that possible? He testified, under oath, that Michael never touched him, kissed him, etc. Repressed memories could explain that but he says he never forgot. This just got even harder to believe.
  25. tralfamadorian

tralfamadorian Member

Here's the thing: the Jackson family is suing AEG (producers for MJ's last show that never took place) for wrongful death. The trial in that case has just started about the day before these allegations became public. The case is about whether AEG was the employer of Dr Murray (the dr convicted of manslaughter because of MJ's death) and thus bear some responsibility for what happened. There is an argument about whether Murray was an employee for AEG, because although there have been several email exchanges between them about basically agreeing to the contract terms (including that AEG will pay his salary) and he was already working with AEG's knowledge, the final contract was never signed by AEG (because it was finalized literally the day before MJ's death). AEG are saying that Murray was MJ's personal doctor hired at his request and they have nothing to do with him. The family argues that AEG hired and him so he should have been checked out and supervised more properly. There is a lot of potentially embarassing testimony for AEG, basically about MJ having some problems and not being ready to perform, some of the people on the production team trying to get help for him but being ignored, and some evidence that AEG wanted Murray reminded about who's paying his salary and to get MJ to perform no matter what. There's a lot more detail of course but that is about the gist of it.

Of course it is not clear how much AEG knew about what was going on or how much they should have known, so the lawsuit could go either way. But in any case, it's potentially embarassing for AEG.

Except that most people are not even aware that this is going on, because everyone is talking about the new allegations against MJ...
  26. Angelskates

Angelskates Active Member

Michael Jackson 'paid $38m hush money to boys'

27. taf2002

taf2002 Well-Known Member

This article is by "a staff reporter" so how seriously should anyone take it? MJ is dead so he can't defend himself. And if the FBI knew about 24 boys why didn't they do something about it after the first couple of boys? I think there's something sickening about someone making up writing all these details & then hiding behind an anonymous signature. I guess it's possible that it could be true but I find it very unlikely. And I think all of us should refrain from passing on unsubstantuated gossip.
  28. heckles

Yes, because there have been absolutely no examples in recent history of large institutions ignoring child abuse perpetrated by powerful men.
  29. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

:confused: The reporter's name is at the bottom of the story, and the linked stories from the two UK papers both have reporters' bylines on them.

The stories in the UK papers also give the names of the MJ staffers who were interviewed, and one has a verbatim transcript of what they said in the interviews. There's not a lot of anonymity there. I can't help but think that with that amount of detail, the stories would have been pretty thoroughly reviewed by lawyers before they were published.
  30. BigB08822

I don't see the comparison here, I assume you are referring to the Catholic Church. The FBI has nothing to fear from Michael Jackson. Jackson has no power over an entity such as the FBI. Not to mention, Jackson didn't seem to even have much wealth when he died.

If it is true, I do wonder why the FBI would not come forward with the information. That seems so irresponsible but I don't know all the details.
  31. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

Jerry Sandusky at Penn State.
  32. CanuckSk8r

CanuckSk8r New Member

I can't see what the FBI had to gain from hiding such a thing nor do I see what the FBI had to lose if Michael Jackson was exposed.
  33. Angelskates

Angelskates Active Member

Jackson's Aussie accuser gets trial date

Is there any evidence? I'm not sure how this can possibly end in Robson's favour.