New molestation charges against Michael Jackson

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Whitneyskates, May 8, 2013.

1. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates Well-Known Member

2. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

Oh, wow. Wade has defended Michael for years. I wonder what changed for him?

3. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Ugh - this gives me a bad taste. This guy had plenty of opportunity to make his claim while Michael was alive. If he's telling the truth now then he must have been lying before. The question would be why would he lie? Was he getting paid to lie and now that the money is no longer forthcoming he's trying for a new payday? Michael has been dead for a couple of years so what took him so long?

I have never been sure if all the allegations against MJ were true or if some of it was just people jumping on the gravy train. This seems like the latter.

4. agalisgv

agalisgv Well-Known Member

Late mortgage payment?

5. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

It could be money, yes. But the TMZ article (TMZ is, of course, not a reputable news source) says that Wade has been working with a psychologist, so I wonder if maybe something else is going on here.

6. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

It could be a number of things. Perhaps he's in debt up to his ears. The article doesn't state how long Wade had been seeing a psychologist or when he had seen a psychologist.

7. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I think TMZ is quite reputable. It looks and acts like a tabloid but they are usually spot on. Besides, they are reporting on the accusations and are not responsible for the accusations being true or not.

8. FunnyBut

FunnyBut Well-Known Member

It says in the article that Michael's maid had testified seeing Wade in the shower with Michael in 2005. I would think that and the recent psychiatrist session revelations will both be used in the case.

9. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates Well-Known Member

During the 2005 trial, he testified that nothing ever happened between him and Michael; could he face perjury charges now that he's basically admitting that he lied?

10. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Agree - they may have started out as just another gossip site, and they still look and write like a tabloid as you noted, but they also have a good network of sources, often being the first with news or new details, and often the first with the facts - actual footage, court documents etc.

I don't visit the site often (too much crap about misbehaving rappers and teen moms to scroll through!), but if there's breaking celebrity news that interests me, it's the first place I look.

11. zaphyre14

zaphyre14 Well-Known Member

What would be the point of such an accusation, besides money? It's not like Jackson can defend himself from the grave.

12. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

Maybe just a need to get the truth out there?

13. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Just to be devil's advocate, there are also cases of suppressed memories of traumatic childhood events, including sexual abuse, not coming back for many years. I believe it's not as common as people thought it was 20 years ago when sudden remembering of the past created some witch hunts....but it does legitimately happen at times.

14. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Wow...Wade Robson is not just some random anonymous person, he's got more to lose than to gain by doing this now. Money makes people do odd things, but I can't imagine that he'd want to put his reputation through the mill just to make a buck.

I am not opening the TMZ link - I agree their news is often reputable, but I've gotten a computer virus from their site. Does anyone who's read it know if Robson is specifying monetary damages in the claim?

Honestly, I'm only surprised this suit didn't come from Macaulay Culkin.

15. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Money

16. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

If it's just to get the truth out, he had many opportunities before. He is suing MJ's estate- that's not just about getting the truth out.

17. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I posted about TMZ but did not make a remark about these accusations. I find them to be too late. He had so many chances to come forth and say something and he chose, time and again, not to. If he was being paid off to keep quiet then he made his decision then. I think Michael was an odd guy who may or may not have molested young children but he is not here to defend himself. How can Robson possibly prove these accusations without something like video or audio proof? I don't see how anyone can believe him when his side of the story is the only one to be told.

18. just tuned in

just tuned in Active Member

If Robson is 30 now, and the maid saw him in 2005, then he would have been 22 at the time. How is that child molestation?

19. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

According to TMZ...

20. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

From the article:

Fwiw...I can totally understand why a 22 year old man would deny the testimony by the housekeeper and why he might want to do different at the age of 30. It was a very public trial and that reveal wouldn't have been under his terms. The article says he had sleepovers from the age of 7-14. If it's true he was molested he likely wasn't ready to deal with that reality so publicly at 22.

21. VIETgrlTerifa

Not saying he isn't guilty of being greedy or something, but often-times victims of sexual abuse don't realize what they experienced was actually sexual abuse because they either rationalize it as normal behavior or think they brought it upon themselves somehow.

Again, I'm not saying I know the facts, but I do think it's conceivable for him to go from saying MJ never sexually-abusing him to finally admitting it after intensive therapy sessions and learning more about the nature of sexual abuse.

Mackenzie Phillips wrote in her biography that her father and her engaged in incest, but that it was consensual. She changed her mind about the last part when she spoke to other victims of sexual abuse and realized that she did not really consent to the sexual advances or that the power a parent or an adult figure has on a minor makes it so that a victim really thinks it's consensual when the victim could not have fully consented psychologically.

Anyway, it's not as if he's a nobody. He's been working steadily for the past few years in some high-profile projects. That doesn't mean he doesn't have money trouble or that he doesn't see big dollar signs because whatever money he is making (which I assume is a lot), it's nothing compared to what he can win if his suit is successful. That said, he's putting himself through incredibly scrutiny and skepticism if he's only doing it for the money.

22. liv

liv Well-Known Member

I think it's more than just money here. If he's finally working through his problems and ready to accept what happened to him (there is that denial thing people have mentioned) then it's possible he's finally realizing he does deserve some sort of compensation for what happened to him. We do not know how his relationship with Michael has affected his life etc., and maybe now he's realizing to what extent he was harmed. After all, sometimes you really don't know how you've been impacted by something traumatic until much later. By admitting this he may be looking for money, but he's also opening himself up to a lot of criticism and hate by the public and sometimes even a lot of money isn't going to heal the wounds of public villification.

23. leesaleesa

leesaleesa Active Member

Nice. Dead men can't defend themselves, and the Jackson kids get to see their family name and legacy dragged through the mud again. There's nothing to gain from this but money, and more crap for those poor kids to have to endure. Give it a rest already.

Vash01 and (deleted member) like this.
  24. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I'm not really sure why a(n alleged) victim of child molestation is obligated to "give it a rest" just because the (alleged) perpetrator has kids.

I agree that the Jackson kids have gone through a lot - hell, just being born in that family guarantees they will never, ever have lives anywhere approaching normal - but the crap they need to endure is a result of their father's choices and actions.

judiz and (deleted member) like this.
  25. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

Jackson was always in bankruptcy because of his spending choices and now that spending is not there and the estate has been raking in the dough!!

26. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

Frankly, I have a really hard time believing that Robson's doing it for the money. He's well known, and has an established career. He also comes across as someone who's very private.

Then again, you never know.

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  27. duane

duane New Member

If Robson just wants the information out there, then why is he suing the estate?

I think Robson is one of many who was being paid off by MJ to keep quiet. Now that there are no more payoff checks, it's time to sue.

28. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

I tend to agree with this. Also, Wade was also trying to build a mainstream career in the early 2000's, so it would make sense that he would keep quiet at that time.

29. moojja

moojja Active Member

Reading some of the comments here makes me wonder if he's suing b/c he wants to tarnish MJ's reputation. Since his death, the molestation accusations seemed to be push to the background, and MJ's reputation has gotten better. I wonder if Wade got sick of hearing about how the victims were lying and trying to profit off Michael Jackson, when he knew the truth. It must be a bitter pill to swallow, especially since his lies helped get MJ off.

Part of me also wonder if this is a way for Wade to get some justice for himself. Since he can't accuse MJ anymore, he's doing it by proxy. Doing it through the court system is a way to get some validation for his words.

I think even if Wade is only suing for the money, given what Jackson did, the estate should pay. And if this lawsuit goes well, that means more victims can come forward and sue. The Catholic church had to pay, why not MJ's estate?

30. VIETgrlTerifa

I didn't even think about the angle of he may be doing it for the money, but that doesn't mean his claims don't have merit or that his experiences are false. That could be true too. They may not be mutually exclusive.