New House tonight!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by sk8pics, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Ximena

Ximena Plush fan

*nods*
    Baby steps indeed.

2. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

I liked the episode a lot, but I didn't quite get Wilson's attempt to get back at Cuddy for House's sake. I think she's making some stupid decisions (moving into a loft with a baby and a guy you haven't been dating that long? Oooooookay . . . ), but she's not making them on purpose to hurt House. She's done some hurtful things, but you can't blame her at this point for protecting herself against a guy who's done quite a few things to hurt her.

I would have liked the ending better if Wilson had made some sort of baby-steps gesture at Self-Important Jerk, something more than just "My name is James."

However, most of it was great, especially House in the OR as Wilson was going under.

3. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

I love House and Wilson.

I enjoyed the episode in general. I was like, "No! Wilson! Don't do it!" and then the guy did sure turn out to be a total asshat... yeah.

4. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

A whole season for $12.99 :wuzrobbed that I'm in Canada.

It's only this season that I've got House to watch on my TV. I've seen the first two seasons because I borrowed the DVD's from my daughter and I've seen some of last year's in reruns.

This was one of my favourite episodes. That scene with Wilson where House refuses to accompany him to surgery was so well done I think we should just give it an Emmy now.

5. Wyliefan

I don't think I'd want House giving me a pre-surgery pep talk. :) But it was very poignant and sweet.

6. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

Yeah, I didn't get it at first. I think it was typical Wilson guilt. He had told House to get out of his apartment, but then he felt bad about it after House watched the surgery and was there in his hospital room with him. So, he bought the townhouse for both of them to live in and gave House the satisfaction of living where Cuddy wanted to live with Lucas. When Wilson said that Cuddy had hurt his friend, it was his way of saying that he and House were friends again and he was grateful for the friendship.

7. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

I liked it, too. Loved all the scenes with Wilson. His snit about House thinking he's a doormat (and House's kind of perplexed expression at that). The whole pre-surgery talk, with House's admission of his fear at something happening to Wilson (wow! personal growth!) and Wilson asking for that favor. The ending with the two of them in that beautiful loft! I think the fact that it was so beautiful didn't hurt!

I did find it a bit unbelievable, even for Wilson, that he agreed to donate part of his liver. But given the payoff in all the House-Wilson goodness I can suspend that disbelief.

And any episode where Hugh Laurie sings and/or plays the guitar or piano is all right with me, no matter what else happens!:cheer2:

8. Ximena

Ximena Plush fan

Yes, I want the full version of his "Faith"

9. sk8pics

New House tonight! I actually thought it was next week, but my DVR picked it up as airing tonight. Then nothing next week which has me all :confused:. Only one week of Hugh and company and then... we have to wait... how long? sigh.

10. Wyliefan

:rofl: over the restaurant scene! I don't know who's more evil, House or Wilson!

11. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

2 weeks until the next new episode.

12. Mozart

Mozart Well-Known Member

Hilson!!! LOL

13. Mozart

Mozart Well-Known Member

14. Karina1974

15. Wyliefan

There's lots of "Blackadder" on there too, although I'm too lazy to go look any up right now. :)

16. Mozart

Mozart Well-Known Member

17. Ximena

Ximena Plush fan

Today's episode was so perfect. See, Wilson has learned a lot from House because that restaurant scene was priceless! House would have never thought of that. Brilliant.

I like the other two stories but I'm still wondering about Chase's haircut.

18. birdgal

birdgal New Member

Go Wilson!!!!! ROFL! :lol:

What is with Chase's haircut???

19. Sunshine Lizzie

Sunshine Lizzie Active Member

How did you like the new "Cuddy" episode?

20. sk8pics

I thought the episode was just okay, not great.

I think it was, what, two episodes ago where it turned out to be Cuddy's boyfriend who was pranking House & Wilson? Now that was funny!:lol:

21. Karina1974

Different twist, since the focus is generally on House or one of the other characters.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but the one doctor with the glasses was played by Marc Damon Espinoza (Jesse Vasquez (Andrea's husband) on the original 90210), yes? I thought he looked, and sounded, familiar, and I didn't catch the names in the opening, where they show who the guest stars are.

22. sk8pics

So, did anyone watch last night? I thought it was an enjoyable episode and I liked the sound track, too. :lol: at House, Wilson, and Chase speed-dating! And Chase's apparent :drama: over women only wanting him for his looks. Interesting about House's bio-dad's book and House's reading surreptitiously.:lol:

23. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

The speed dating was very funny.

I must have missed the episode where we found out about a biological father. Someone please update me.

24. birdgal

birdgal New Member

The speed-dating was funny! Chase is too cute!!!

25. Wyliefan

I didn't buy any of that. Wilson is WAY handsomer than Chase. :D Especially since the latter got his hair cut -- but even before that, too.

26. birdgal

birdgal New Member

What is with that haircut??? I agree, Wilson is very handsome.

27. Amy L

Amy L Well-Known Member

House had mentioned it before, I don't know which episode. But during the episode with House's dad's funeral, House had sneakily gotten a DNA sample from his dad's body and had it tested. It confirmed that he wasn't House's biological father. House had suspected it since he was 12 years old. He would have been conceived at the time his dad was on a mission (he was in the military), and he also noticed that he closely resembled one of his parents' friends.

28. Civic

Civic New Member

I can't believe no one else mentioned the bad student film starring none other than the young James Wilson. It was amusingly cheesy. I loved the way everyone at the hospital gave him the business about it.

29. sk8pics

Anybody watching? I enjoyed this week's episode, especially the karaoke! And at the end, House didn't take any vicodin did he? Just had some bourbon or something, right? My DVR stopped recording as he was eyeing the vicodin bottle (I assume that's what it was...). And his shrink is back next week, yay!

30. Wyliefan

I loved the karaoke scene, but by and large, I think the show has been awfully weak lately. I'm sick of Thirteen and Taub and how the entire world has to grind to a halt while they obsess over their sex lives. :rolleyes: Whatever happened to the interesting stories? Since when does the main character of the show, who actually has some major stuff going on in his life, get shoved into the background so we can watch the underlings whine and mope and pick at each other all day? I may stop being a regular viewer if things don't pick up. It's getting to the point where it's not worth it.