New House tonight!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by sk8pics, Sep 21, 2009.

1. LordCirque

LordCirque New Member

I'm sorry but if they're firing people based on going behind the persons back and questioning them, Foreman would have been fired EARLY in Season 1. :lol:

Civic:

Cameron is leaving :wuzrobbed I personally love her

2. igniculus

igniculus Well-Known Member

Eys, totally (to both points :wuzrobbed). I finally saw the episode yesterday, and I too loved House's obsessiveness in cooking and the "ball-jokes". :lol:

3. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Not sure how I feel about tonight's episode, does anyone else find it very political or am I reading too much into this?

4. jeffisjeff

jeffisjeff Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was really political. But it was also different. I don't think we're supposed to know how to feel about it. ;)

I think I liked it. But then they had me at the Say Anything reference. :lol:

5. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

I haven't watched the show since the beginning of last season, as I was getting quite disappointed.

I really liked this episode, though Mr Lanie was like, "Oh, my God! Darth Vader and Dr House!" :rofl:

The House/Wilson stuff is priceless as always. I want a show with just them snarking at each other.

6. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

Interesting tidbit for Canadian House fans, David Shore wrote for Due South! I had no idea... Ryan Phillipe also guest starred... completely irrelevant but interesting...

7. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

I think I liked this episode, but I need to watch it again. It was certainly a different sort of House episode. I really like how House is trying to change, but his automatic responses to things are still not always the best. And laughed at how Wilson automatically assumed House was at fault with the downstairs neighbor. And when he went in and injected the guy with a sedative and he woke up bound and gagged... I was just, oh House, what are you doing? And then laughed when he admitted this was a setback in his efforts to change.

Really am not liking Foreman at all. I've never really liked the actor's portrayal and he's not doing anything to change my mind.

Thought Hugh was great as always. So many fine shades of emotion cross his face.

8. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly! :lol: I kept waiting for him to say, "No, I am your father."

9. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

This last episode was *so* much better than the one from last week. Wow. Better writing, well acted. I even liked watching Forman and 13.

Loved Chase. OMG. And I'm not usually a fan.

10. DubbalinGirl

DubbalinGirl New Member

Me too. Loved this ep. Although now I'm struggling to figure out how the spoiler we know is coming is going to happen....I mean now that we know HE did what he did, how is the spoiler going to come about?

11. Wyliefan

Yeah, that's a good question. There's no way he's going to let you-know-who take the fall; he was clearly eager to protect that person from getting dragged into it.

12. LordCirque

LordCirque New Member

Wondering if the person got Cameron and Chase mixed up, given this episode

13. Wyliefan

Don't think so. Everyone has been talking about Jennifer Morrison leaving, not Jesse Spencer.

14. DubbalinGirl

DubbalinGirl New Member

Can't get spoiler tags to work...forget it.

15. GarrAarghHrumph

I didn't get it mixed up. The original source was quite clear.
    Rumour has it that that Cameron is leaving as a result of what we saw Chase do in the most recent episode. Cameron could come back as a guest star later in the season.

16. sk8pics

I meant to write before that I thought it was interesting that Chase has gone from a seminary student to a doctor who fights to protect his patients to a murderer. :( Some might believe it was for a good cause, but he still murdered the patient. Kind of an unexpected trajectory for his character.

17. DubbalinGirl

DubbalinGirl New Member

I'm wondering if the President's men will make the same mistake and "auf" the wrong person for the crime...

18. GarrAarghHrumph

They don't plan to kill Cameron off, according to rumours.

19. GarrAarghHrumph

As he said, he doesn't expect to come out of this unscathed.

Is he still devout, or did he fall away from the church? Do we know?

20. DubbalinGirl

DubbalinGirl New Member

Ah crap....I really don't want it to be a crisis of morals that brings it about....I'd prefer the other!

21. Wyliefan

I think he still believes in God but doesn't really practice his faith.

22. GarrAarghHrumph

I was thinking that he may really need to speak to a priest on this one. If he follows his faith, he knows what lack of confession will do - and that's part of what I think he meant when he said that he wouldn't come away from this unscathed.

I wonder if that's how Cameron leaves. She doesn't leave him - he pushes her away, because he can't/won't find forgiveness.

I can't believe I'm that into this story line. :lol:

23. sk8pics

Interesting thoughts. I really will have to watch this episode again this weekend. Along this line, from Fr. Ron Rolheiser's on line column this week, "What we do in secret ultimately shapes the person whom we present in public. Dishonesty changes the very way we look because it changes who we are. That's the reason why so often those around us will intuit the truth about us, smell the lie, even when they don't have any hard evidence on which to suspect us. "

24. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

The writers are definitely setting the wheels in place for that scenerio.

25. jeffisjeff

jeffisjeff Well-Known Member

I saw an commercial tonight for a new series (on TNT, I think - the commercial was on TBS) called Men of a Certain Age, starring (among others) Andre Braugher. My first thought was that that likely means no more Andre Braugher on House. :wuzrobbed

26. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

As long as Braugher is on my television, all is good!

27. jayta

jayta New Member

You guys, it will be a conflict of choices for Cameron/Chase that leads to Cameron leaving. As far as I know, Cameron has a choice between choosing the House way and not, and she doesn't. Whereas Chase chooses to follow House to a certain degree - maybe returning to work for him? Which I highly doubt, but you never know.

I'm sure there is also the rift that might come about when she finds out what Chase did to the guy after she couldn't do it at all.

28. Ximena

Ximena Plush fan

I would watch it all the time! To put them as roomates was the only way to use RSL so far this season, since House is still not practicing medicine, he is hardly at the clinic so he does not need to consult much with Wilson. Those two together are really the best thing of the show.

I think Chase (forgot the name of the actor) was fantastic in the last episode, I'm glad they are working with his character again and it would seem that he and Foreman will have scenes together. I don't like Foreman with his storyline with 13, but I like Foreman a lot when it's him, Chase and Cameron.

29. sk8pics

Well? Did anyone watch last night? I enjoyed it. Liked House's puzzling, musing looks at Chase and Foreman. Not too much for me to say yet, though... I still need to rewatch last week's episode and then this one again.

30. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

I think last night's episode was much better then last week's. I especially liked the ending when the father was so happy to have his son healthy, even if it meant losing all his money. It was nice to see a dad putting his son first. As for the House cast, as always I like the scenes with Wilson.