New House tonight!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by sk8pics, Sep 21, 2009.

1. DubbalinGirl

DubbalinGirl New Member

I loved this episode, it was a very fast 2 hours!

My only problem was how quickly they discharged House. That seemed a little swift!

Dr. Beasly reminded me so much of the HR woman who replaced Tobey that Michael was sleeping with on The Office a couple seasons ago (Amy Ryan?)...she had that same look and presence to me, just more blond. I was surprised to find out it wasn't her.

2. Flatfoote

Flatfoote Active Member

Agreed it was a great episode.

My complaint was over the cello, and the discussion they'd need a dolly to get it up to the ward. I don't know how heavy they think cellos are, but I've never seen a cellist use a dolly to tote their instrument around. I carried my sister's cello several times during my childhood and never had a problem with it.

3. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

Cameron is next. I don't know how she'll leave the show, but the character is being written off. Chase, however, is staying.

4. GarrAarghHrumph

Very much so. So much so that I'd wondered if they'd play with that similarity in this or another episode.

5. GarrAarghHrumph

I also thought that was funny. It's awkward, but it's really not that heavy.

6. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Great news! :cheer2:

7. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

When you watch House, you always have to suspend your medical disbelief. Hubby and I used to giggle a lot while watching them do um..."medicine". Brain biopsies for everyone. And how many ID attendings have you seen who do their own MRI's, labs and surgical procedures?

It also shattered my illusions that I was getting to know law while watching Law And Order. It's probably just as unrealistic.

8. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

:eek: No kidding! I never dreamed that would happen! Man, a lot of fans are going to be mad. (But not me. :saint: )

9. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Just please, no more deaths of major characters. Read article about Hugh Laurie, said he is developing problems with his knees due to the fake limp he has to do as House.

10. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

Hugh was on Jay Leno last night and said it's not true that he's developing knee problems from doing the show. Said he gave a flip answer to someone and has now learned NOT to do that!:lol: He was pretty funny on Leno, btw. Also played the piano and did a little singing... sigh.

11. Wyliefan

Considering that knee story came from the Daily Mail, I never did believe it.

And I'm sorry if there are any fans of . . . you know who . . . here. I've been gutted over character losses before, so I shouldn't make fun.

12. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Thanks for clarifying that, I was only able to watch the first half of the interview.

13. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

I would so rather they get rid of the "other one". I am speaking riddle-like since I forget how to black out.

14. igniculus

igniculus Well-Known Member

Ah, a House thread! :saint:

I loved the new episode too, but why WHY of all women Franka Potente? She is a nightmare. :scream: I didn't know who the others were.

I loved the interaction between House and the rest pf the patients, especially how he took the guy out to the amusement park. That was such a touching and unique moment. :swoon: And when the lady started to play chello... :wuzrobbed I totally cried.

Episode 3 "Epic Fail" promo:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_IzkK9HsVc

I wish there would be a way to watch it on the internet. I hate to wait 2-3 days till someone puts the episode up. :(

15. Wyliefan

What's wrong with her? :confused:

16. GarrAarghHrumph

I like her very much. In what way do you find her a nightmare?

17. altai_rose

altai_rose Well-Known Member

You can watch it on Hulu or on the Fox website 8 days after the episode airs. If you know a place to watch it 2-3 days after the episode's shown.... I'd be interested to know. :shuffle:

18. igniculus

Sorry, I just think she is a terrible actress. :( After all these years she still couldn't sort out her accent when she stars in non-German movies, she is like a dead fish in emotional scenes... and she used to date Elijah Wood, so I have all the rights to hate her. :p

Shhhhh. Torrent. :sekret:

19. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

Only in the states... In Canada you can watch them on globaltv.com but they're only up the weekend after they air.

20. sk8pics

So, new episode last night. What did everyone think?

I enjoyed it, liked the scenes with House and his shrink, laughed hysterically at House in cooking class with Wilson, and at how House turned out to be a great cook. :lol: I'm sure they'll all be bummed if he gives up cooking totally because he's bored. Also liked his openness about why he was cooking so much. And they surprised me with his confession of slipping up!

But, I thought the editing was really odd or maybe just bad. A lot of scenes that had 2 characters in the shot at the same time only had half of each person. I noticed it particularly when Foreman and Thirteen were talking to the patient and it really annoyed me. Also, I wasn't crazy about Foreman's whole attitude when he was put in charge. Haven't we seen him fail before at running a department like this? And next week, House appears to come back. I just hope they're not going to totally rehash everything we've seen before.

Oh, and I also liked the exchange where House says to his shrink, something like, what if nothing in the world works for me (to keep his mind off his leg and stay off the vicodin)? And the shrink kind of eyeballs him and says something like well, if nothing in the world works, we'll deal with it then. I thought it was a perfect delivery, perfectly showing House his extreme way of thinking there isn't helping him.

21. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update, I missed the episode due to Yom Kippur.

22. GarrAarghHrumph

I thought this episode was kind of a let-down. The first episode was just so *good*, and now that we've gone back to the same-old, same-old format, I felt a bit bored.

I'm sure it doesn't help that I don't like 13 or Foreman all that much, and that the brunt of this episode focused on them.

23. Ximena

Ximena Plush fan

I like the scenes between House & Wilson, then again I'm not surprised since every scene they have together since the Pilot are brilliant.
    The rest was very meh for me, mostly because I could not be more bored about 13 and Foreman, the second Taub quitted, it was over.
    The promo made me hopeful though.

24. igniculus

Sigh, I wish I could see it. :(

25. sk8pics

Yeah, I agree with you there!

BTW, did Taub really quit? Or will he come back when House does?

26. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

:raises hand:

I was a bit bored by this episode but it might be just my attitude today.

27. jayta

jayta New Member

OMGOSH I KNOWWWWWW! I thought it was just me or there was some artistic license!!! Like there was some point to half their face or 3/4 of their face being off the screen. And not just 1 character. Both of the characters in the shot! :huh::lol:

Seriously that BUGGED me sooooo much!

Anyways, about the episode. I knew the ending was coming. It was obvious. From the start you could see that House needed something to keep his mind off drugs. So the question in my head was, why wouldn't he go back to being a doctor? A diagnostician? I mean seriously, he really doesn't have to be around drugs. I mean, yes he's in a hospital and sometimes administers drugs, but for the most part he doesn't. So I don't see the problem.

However, I could see how the attitudes of his peers/coworkers might affect him. Possibly make it seem more comfortable to drift back to old habits.

I do have to say though, I :lol: when Cuddy came over and House and the asian lady were talking mandarin and then she told Cuddy to either kiss him or leave :lol:

As for 'you know who' leaving, I am disappointed. There's no pay off especially when you know how things are going to end for the relationships of the leavee. I mean it sucks. And the writers suck for doing it.:rolleyes::huh:

28. DubbalinGirl

DubbalinGirl New Member

Am I a bad House fan if my dream three would be Cameron, Chase and Taub? 13 getting fired and Taub quitting will certainly make a case to bring the dream team back together under House when he returns. I was wondering how they'd eventually get them all back together rather than having the three (esp. Cameron and Chase) playing bit parts all the time like they have since House started recruiting a new team.

I can't see the back of Foreteen fast enough...I hate the cheap jokes about her sexuality and her tenuous-now/not-tenuous-later personal health story and his ridiculous overeagerness to be in charge.

I liked the episode maybe because I can appreciate House's obsessiveness with whatever he did to fill that time. And Wilson still rocks...what a perfect straight-man for House.

29. Civic

Civic New Member

Would everyone please stop talking in riddles and tell me which character(s) are leaving? Pretty please?

30. Wyliefan

Yeah, it's getting old. (Although "I'm short, he's black, you're gay . . . ish" was kind of funny. But the rest of it felt old.) The duckling scenes without House seemed very weak to me, in an otherwise strong episode.