New Forum Style - BEAR WITH US !!!

Discussion in 'Board Business' started by SHARPIE, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I appreciate all your work on the board very much, SHARPIE.

2. BlueRidge

BlueRidge AYS's snark-sponge

I saw the subject "BEAR WITH US" and thought my dog was here! ;)

Everything is working well for me! Thanks for everything Sharpie!

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

Is there a separate thread for bug reports? I am stuck with mobile style on my phone, as the "full site" link (...styleid=25) is currently broken. Thank you again for your hard work!

4. zotza

zotza allergic to brainless skaters

It looks great and easier too!Thanks a lot for all the hard work SHARPIE!

5. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

Glad that FSU is back! :cheer:
    Among the ranks of those who are squinting. :( I will try working with my monitor settings to see if I can improve things for my aging eyes.

Just now tried the default mobile style -- and it was much worse! Blindingly white. :eek: That will teach me to try something new when I don't know what I'm getting into. :lol:

6. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Hate it but since no one asked me I'll live with it. :lol:

Vash01 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

Were you able to get back to the original style?

8. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

The mobile style looks good on my Blackberry -- much easier to read on my phone than the regular style. It's a nice option to have. I agree, though, that it's too white for viewing on a regular screen. The regular style is rather bright too. I do appreciate the clean layout.

9. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

I switched my PC to the mobile style, and the only way I was able to go back was to hit my browser back arrow until I saw the original style, then clicked on that arrow again and chose the original one.

10. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Agreed on both.

This looks too much like Goldenskate though. I stopped going there partly because of the looks. Any chance we could get our old fsu colors back? The old site was more recognizable, and had its own identity. I can get used to the functionality here, but would love to have the old 'look' back. Actually when I say 'look' I don't just mean it in the superficial way; the old board was easier on my eyes, and I do have good eye sight (no glasses needed).

11. Really

If you scroll down to the bottom of the mobile view and click on "Full Site" you get the vB4 Default Style back.

12. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

Yes, by finally figuring out to do what Really said above.

13. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

I feel as though I've been abducted by aliens. :lol:

Apologies if this question has already been asked and answered, but what do the different colors on the envelopes next to each thread mean? It looks like grey means inactive, but there's also pink and blue (on my screen anyway).

14. Really

Blue means new posts, grey means you've read it (or marked it as read). I'm guessing the pink ones are 'popular' threads with more than a minimum number of posts.

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  15. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

Thanks! Very strangely the "full site" link works on PC but not on my phone (Android + Opera Mini). Got "404 not found" error. I am hesitant to clear cache and wanted to ask if the link works for others.

16. halffull

halffull The most wonderful time of the year :)

Hate this change. It looks too much like the other skating forums now. :( I always liked FSU's unique style. I do appreciate that you are trying to make things faster tho, so thanks, Sharpie. I guess we'll all get use to the change in time .....

17. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

I changed my Default Style from vB4 to vB3 and I think I much prefer the colours and icons. Anyone else tried changing the Default Style. Hmm ... just noticed a little yellow box show up on the RHS saying "auto saving". Hmmm, another little trinket :)

18. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Thanks!

Re phones, I'm on my iPhone right now and the new interface rocks. :respec: It's much easier to use, and quicker too.

19. purple skates

I though vB3 was what we were on. This is much easier on the eyes. Thank you!

20. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I prefer vb3 also. There is much more of a contrast between threads with new posts in them and threads without.

21. BlueRidge

Are the lips on their way? :shuffle:

22. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Many thanks SHARPIE and the tech people behind the scenes :cheer2:

23. Vash01

Nice colors! That was fast!

24. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

As you've noticed, the default style is now a more vB3 orientated one. Hope you like this change. And yes, the lips will be coming back :p

25. BlueRidge

:encore:

26. Vash01

Is there a way to see the Forums page first when I click on fsu? I am getting a whole list of the lastest posts, which I don't care for. I normally select a forum that I am interested in. I hope I am being clear.

27. purple skates

Personally, I'd get rid of the "What's New" page all together. Reminds me too much of the crap that Facebook forces us to have on our screen (and it's kind of creepy - makes me feel like a voyeur even if everything is public :lol:)

28. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

Yes, you were clear as day. The forum is now the default page. Keep the suggestions coming! :D

29. Doggygirl

Doggygirl Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say thanks to Sharpie (and Server Guy and whoever else works on this place behind the scenes) for brining us FSU - THE finest discussion forum on the internet, and possibly in the whole universe. :) :cheer2::drama::kickass:

30. galaxygirl

galaxygirl Ma name's Beckeh

How about making the user cp and reputation available in the mobile style?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.