New Forum Style - BEAR WITH US !!!

Discussion in 'Board Business' started by SHARPIE, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

Wheeee! Thanks Sharpie! :rollin:

2. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the hard work Sharpie!

Does anyone else see messages that were posted on other people's user page? When I opened up FSU I saw that Really had posted a happy birthday message to PeterG. I suppose that particular message isn't private, but I'm wondering if it is supposed to be there for me to see?

By the way, happy birthday PeterG :)

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  3. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

Yeah. I'm squinting. Turning the contrast on my computer all the way down helps a bit, but then things get dim.

4. CynicElle

CynicElle Well-Known Member

Glad FSU is back up, and after dealing with the insanely weird new commenting systems on Gawker and Jezebel, getting used to vBulletin will be a snap. Thanks for all the hard work!

danafan and (deleted member) like this.
  5. JeffClair1979

JeffClair1979 Active Member

Love the new look!! Thanks for keeping us on the "cutting edge!" Everyone will get used to it soon. I, for one, love change! :D

6. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Thanks Sharpie for the newly decorated HOME (sweet home).:respec:

7. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

It's so. . . BRIGHT!!! Glad it's back pre-Skate America!!!

8. pollyanna

pollyanna Well-Known Member

Muchas gracias to Sharpie, et. al. for all the long, hard work! :respec:

9. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

Looking good!

10. Norlite

Norlite New Member

*sigh* another change in my life I must get use to. :drama:

Thanks SHARPIE and team.

And thanks for taking the forum down on the one day I needed to work 15 hours. I didn't even know it was missing. :lol:

11. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

I like that it lets you know you have new rep beside the notifications link. You don't have to check constantly.

Trying to keep it positive! ;)

shan and (deleted member) like this.
  12. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Thank you for all your efforts and hardworks! This is unbelievably huge site so it must be extremely difficult.

Just to clarify, are we keeping this new style or due to go back to blue, homey style? I certainly.hope we go back since the old style was telling "This is FSU, baby!"

13. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

Oh, SHARPIE and team.....I feel your pain. We are re-doing and upgrading our business website. The aphorism "Change causes upset" is always true for me. I don't have too many brain cells left.......but I am just happy we are back on line.:cool:

14. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your hard work. One question on the what's new - it shows people posting on a visitor message page. I am not so sure I want any postings on the poster's visitor page showing up in the live "what's new" page? Any suggestions on how to block that?

15. iloveemoticons

iloveemoticons Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your hard work Sharpie! :cheer:

16. Anemone

Anemone Active Member

I don't mind the new look, and I don't think it will take long to get used to. I do however, miss our little FSU/smiley banner that was at the top of the page. I hope that comes back as they continue the tweaks.
    Thanks to Sharpie & all those that keep this board running!

17. jjane45

jjane45 New Member

The PC version is better than Goldenskate already. But I spend most of my time on mobile browser and it's quite difficult to view (not sure how could it be busy while using the screen space inefficiently) and reply (busy again, and the space to type in is really tiny) on mobile browser - opera mini here.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  18. alchemy void

alchemy void Well-Known Member

It's quite sexy and clean. Kind of like me. ;) :lol:

Thanks so much for all your hard work! I had to read an actual book on my lunch break instead of FSU. The horror!

19. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

I don't know how easy it is to do in your mobile browser because I haven't tried yet, but if you look down in the bottom left hand corner of the page, there's a dropbox that shows vB4 default style. Click on the dropbox and select Default Mobile Style. Changes the layout considerably and might be easier to read on mobile browsers.

20. Rae35

Rae35 Active Member

Much more modern. Well done. From a practical point of view, my only comment would be that the top banner click thru's to "new posts" etc are in a small font on thin banner sizes, which may be difficult for people with not such great vision and/or pin point mouse skill. I've got a very big screen - and the font is looking on the small size.

21. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

Count me as another one who has difficulty navigating this style of board but I won't cut off my nose to spite my face.

Is it possible to put a "Forum" link at the bottom of the page as well as the quick navigation link? One that goes straight to the main forum page rather than having to go through a menu or go back to the top of the page.

22. masofs

masofs New Member

I'm so silly! I thought I had entered the wrong forum. :lol:

Thanks for the hard work, SHARPIE and team.

23. DimaToe

DimaToe Well-Known Member

Thanks for the hard work you've put into the new FSU look Sharpie! :) I know it seems strange to navigate for some at first but its easy to adapt to and we will all be fine with it soon. I guess i'm alright with it because I've been using this version of vBulletin elsewhere already. It's a change for the best :D

24. jjane45

jjane45 New Member

Thanks for the tip. The "default mobile style" uses plain WAP layout and I suppose it does not come with full features. (could be wrong, but WAP is not my cup of tea anyways)

I miss the previous clean and clear mobile rendering. But I guess upgrades are inevitable. Many thanks to Admins!

25. FarFarAway

FarFarAway Choice is an illusion

The new forum looks lovely (at least in my point of view :) ), thanks Sharpie and team!:cheer2:

26. cholla

cholla Fearless Musher

Past the 1st surprise effect ;) well, it looks different but it's still FSU, i.e. home :cheer: Someone just repainted the wall while I was asleep and it look real nice and fresh ! Thanks Sharpie & her slaves :40beers:

27. IceIceBaby

IceIceBaby New Member

I had to double check that I wasn't in Goldenskate! :lol:
    Do you think it would be possible to make the colors more dark. Everything is now so light (the blue and the text font) that it makes the reading a bit difficult.

28. ostile17

ostile17 Active Member

As did I!

Thanks for all the hard work, but I liked the old forum, as I'm not a fan of big visual changes.
    I also think it's too "white" to be read for long periods of time.

29. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

It will be difficult to know weather I am on FSU or GOlden Skate.
    But as long as it works - I am fine with it.

Thank you for all the effort SHARPIE!!!

30. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

Thanks for all your hard work, SHARPIE!!! I realise it's early days yet, but I'm find I'm missing the "Go" button that used to take you back from the thread to the forum with one click. However, I did just notice the Quick Reply has a lot more features available. Yay! :biggrinbo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.