New fall tv shows.....

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Buzz, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I am a lover of cop dramas and there seems to be a lot coming down the pipes this fall including; Blue Bloods, Law & Order LA, The Chase, Undercover, and I know I am forgetting some but I am only now beginning to see the previews. There are also a sci-fi show called "The Event", well at least I think it is a science fiction show. The is also a show about a father and son con team. I am not terribly good at judging shows from previews but they all look watchable to me so I will have to wait until I actually see them before I can decide which I truely like. I am a fan of the Wahlburg brothers so I will be watching Blue Bloods. Hopefully Donnie finally have a hit show to his name.

2. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

They're been advertising "The Event" so long I thought it was supposed to be a summer show, like "Persons Unknown". I think the months of hype (especially with revealing more and more about it) will backfire. My interest was piqued when I first saw the ads; now I don't care at all and doubt I'll watch it.

Is Blue Bloods the one with Tom Selleck and Donnie Wahlberg? I'll probably give it a try, although it looks like a typical, reliable CBS procedural. I think Undercover sounds promising, but Chase looks awful.

Is Rookie Blue coming back?

3. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

Rookie Blue maybe next summer.

Shit My Dad Says- "A lesbian in the navy saved my life"

4. shan

shan Well-Known Member

What is the show on ABC where a family gets special powers?

5. tarotx

tarotx Well-Known Member

You can actually watch that pilot if you are in the US and have a decent computer, sound and about 45 minutes :)

Go to www.NoOrdinaryScreening.com use code Extraordinary. US residents only.

6. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Sometimes typical and reliable is refreshing, I think. I get so burned out on edgy, angsty, and bleak. :)

7. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

The Event looks interesting but I am getting a huge FlashForward vibe and that show lost me after a few episodes despite seeming so promising.

8. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Is CBS really keeping the title "Sh!t my Dad Says..."?

If so, that's pretty daring for such a mainstream network even though the popular blog and book that the show is based on is already named that.

ETA: Nevermind. I looked up it. The title will be $h*! My Dad Says, pronounced "Bleep My Dad Says".

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  9. genevieve

I don't get burned out more original shows (unless they suck, of course), but I watch plenty of typical, reliable CBS procedurals. I may be the only person who was bummed that Cold Case got canceled :(

10. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

Blue Bloods has a shocking twist at the end of its first episode that is causing great controversy and caused major behind the scenes changes! That is not typical of a CBS procedural!

11. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Any ideas on what that is?

12. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I'm looking forward to Terriers on FX. It has Renee from True Blood in it. It's along the lines of a cop drama, but they aren't cops.

13. Murdoch

Murdoch New Member

Seems Blue Bloods might be having issues already... this is probably more the problem than the actual plot if you read through it...
    http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/08/06/i..._campaign=Feed: weblogsinc/tvsquad (TV Squad)

14. Wyliefan

Hmm. Well, my mom and I like to watch TV together a lot, so her undying love for Selleck probably means we'll at least be giving this a try. :) Although I hope he's not quite such a diva as that article suggests.

15. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

At this point, I'm looking forward to The Event, No Ordinary Family, Hawaii Five-0 and The Whole Truth. Maybe Hellcats if it focusses on good stories instead of the two lead females being bitchy to each other. If they end up becoming friends sooner than later, I might be really into it (the six-minute youtube promo looked surprisingly promising)...

Hellcats Promo- CW Network

Hawaii Five-O is not usually the kind of show I'd be into, but with Alex O'Loughlin, Daniel Dae-Kim and Scott Caan, it's going to be WAY too PEC-tacular to not give a chance! :lol: According to imdb.com, it will also star James Marsters (Buffy The Vampire Slayer) and Jean Smart (Designing Women, 24, Samantha Who?) but they're only listed as "one episode" (as is everyone in the cast), so I'm not sure if they're only in the pilot or will be regular characters. Quite a cast if they remain!

I was feeling the same way. too many airings of the same short preview. But yesterday I watched a longer trailer at youtube and now my interest is higher than ever...

The Event - 4 Minute Trailer

I think Laura Innes (ER) is an amazing actress and Jason Ritter has been doing some good work since Joan Of Arcadia. Blair Underwood seems too young to be president of the USA, but maybe I'm still thinking of him during his L.A. Law days.

16. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Wow, ok count me as another that can't wait to see The Event, after watching that 4 minute trailer :eek:

17. genevieve

I'm over Alex O'Laoughlin, but was going to check out Hawai'i Five-O for Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park - but I definitely want to see James Marsters, even if it's only 1 ep! :D

I can't even be bothered to watch the Event trailer....I think it will depend on where it falls in the schedule.

18. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

I already got hooked on a summer show, Memphis Beat, which was a nice change from typical cop shows.

I am, after many years of watching shows I like get screwed, leery of anything even vaguely sci-fi, so I'll wait and see on The Event. (And when I say leery I mean I waited until we got three or four seasons for SURE before even starting to watch Eureka, because I was VERY sure SciFi-as-was would do the same thing to them it did to every other decent show-bounce it around the schedule until the ratings tanked then cancel it.)

19. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

I'm very intrigued by The Event. I'll watch that one, and maybe Hellcats. That's two more shows than I would normally watch in a new season! I haven't gotten started on a brand new show in several years. I think the last one was Heroes and I didn't even last a full season before losing interest.

20. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

Looks like Mondays at 9 PM EST.

21. genevieve

ok, Monday is typically a dead night so I probably will watch it

22. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Me too.
    Plus i am looking forward to Hawaii 50. Luv Daniel Dae Kim! Not familiary with Loughlin and Caan, but they look good too.

Watching The Big C on Showtime. Laura Linney is good, and love Oliver Platt. Show is amusing, but wonder how long that will last?

23. screech

screech Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to Boardwalk Empire with Steve Buscemi. The ads make it look amazing!

And as for Blue Bloods... aren't New Kids on the Block about to go on tour again (with the Backstreet Boys) so wouldn't it be kind of hard for Donnie Wahlberg to be filming a TV series at the same time? Or will Donnie just not tour with them? Which would suck, because one of the songs he sings (Cover Girl) is my favourite of theirs!

24. genevieve

Maybe they've already finished filming for Blue Bloods, or will have by the time the tour starts.

25. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I'm looking forward to Boardwalk Empire as well, screech. Steve Buscemi is great.

26. screech

screech Well-Known Member

Lonestar (I think that's the name of the con man living a double life show) looks pretty interesting, though its weird to think of Jon Voight being in a TV show.

I'm also intrigued by The Event, even though I have no idea what it's really going to be about, if only because Jason Ritter looks hot, and I adore Željko Ivanek because he was the kick ass Magister on True Blood.

I want to be interested in Undercovers, because I like JJ Abrams and loved Alias, but if they're going to do a retired spies returning to duty show then IMO it should be Sydney and Vaughn - anything else will pale in comparison, so to me it basically seems like Alias, but crappier. Though if Sark shows up, I'd love it.

27. Wyliefan

Well, I never saw Alias, so I'm thinking Under Covers looks pretty good. :)

28. pat c

pat c Well-Known Member

We've been watching 2 summer shows:

The Haven which is a take off from a Steven King book. It started out very slow, but now it's kind of entertaining. It's a cop with a spooky twist. It's shot in Nova Scotia.

The other is the Glades which is on show case. It's another cop show. It's got a couple of my fav characters that got booted from other shows.

http://www.aetv.com/the-glades/index.jsp

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1519931/

29. genevieve

I started watching Haven on Hulu. I like the spookyness, but the writing is pretty bad. I'm hoping it gets better (I think I just saw either episode 3 or 4). I hope the overarching "troubles" take over from the kooky-problem-of-the-day-in-which-no-one-meant-to-do-harm plots I've seen so far. I need some actual malice :lol: I mean, even Ghost Whisperer had that on occasion. :p

30. GaPeach

GaPeach New Member

I'm ready for Blue Bloods and Outlaw.

I'm also sobbing over the cancellation of Cold Case and I'm having a period of mourning over Jeff Goldblum leaving Law and Order Criminal Intent. I loved him!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
    LadyNit and (deleted member) like this.