New Daniel Radcliffe Movie

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by missflick, Sep 3, 2011.

1. missflick

missflick New Member

2. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Daniel looks fetching and grown up. I like him in retro costumes and hair. But I don't really watch horror flicks. This one is for HBO with the sound off and a blanket to hide under! :lol:

3. IceJunkie

IceJunkie Well-Known Member

Looks creepy as hell! Probably won't see it, 'cause I'm a wimp.

He looks way hot, though. :smokin:

4. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

He looks great, and the movie looks great. I'll probably go see it :)

5. FigureSpins

FigureSpins New Member

I don't like horror movies, either, but this looks interesting. Radcliffe looks great in period costume, although I can't imagine him playing a "young father." I guess in the setting, it was common for people to marry much younger than today.

6. nerdycool

nerdycool Well-Known Member

That's what I think, too. I also think that it looks like a beautifully-shot film... colors are crisp and clean and for such a dark movie, bright.

I've really grown to respect Daniel Radcliffe though. He could have finished the HP series, taken his millions, retired from acting and started something else. But it seems as though he has taken every opportunity to grow as an actor, by going on Broadway as well as take roles that are quite a departure from HP. And I gotta say, it shows, as the last 2-3 HP films were supremely.

7. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

The way it looks, it reminds me of "The Others" which starred Nicole Kidman.

8. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

Woah! That peview gave me scaredy-cat goosebumps! Don't think I need to see that one, but Daniel did look very handsome. I am so happy for him-he seems to be a good kid. I was afraid he would get type-cast as Harry and his career wouldn't develop, but hopefully that's not going to happen.

9. AYS

AYS Cruder than you thought

I thoroughly enjoyed him in How to Succeed in Business...I thought he did a really good job, and was extremely un-Harry-like. He also had the stint in Equus a couple or so years ago. I'd say he's already done a great job developing his career and rep beyond HP.

10. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

The movie looks great!

11. IceJunkie

IceJunkie Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw him in "Equus" during Christmas 08 when I was in NYC. He did a really good job.

12. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought he was wonderful in How to Succeed. Even better than I had expected.

13. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

ITA
    Loved him in How to Succeed....

When trying to describe his performance - oddly enough the first word that came to mind was earnest. I don't think I've ever used that word to describe a performer before - but it's true! Oh - and sweaty! He got incredibly sweaty during the big dance numbers! He works his butt off up there and is so very likeable.

14. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

^ Me too! It was obvious that it didn't come naturally to him, the singing & dancing, and he'll never be a Broadway triple threat. But he pulled it off, and I admired him tremendously for taking on the challenge.

But what I want to know is when on earth he found to time to film this new movie. Between Harry Potter and How to Succeed ...

15. star_gazer11

star_gazer11 practising choreo

Me five! I was quite impressed with his performance in How to Succeed. I haven't seen it before, so I don't know if the role is always so dance-heavy, but he surpassed my expectations.

This movie looks good, I'll have to remember to keep an eye out for it.