New CDN ice dance team - Gilles & Poirier

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by victorskid, Jul 28, 2011.

1. casken

casken Well-Known Member

Looking at the costumes and music selections, I'm wondering if the Crone/Porier split was over creative direction. :shuffle:

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

3. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

I know it's difficult to gauge much from photos, but it appears these 2 are having a blast skating together. Their chemistry looks amazing for such a new team! 91.09 is an incredible FD score for a 1st ever debut! I'm really glad this match-up is looking as promising as it does! :cheer2::swoon:

4. Sylvia

Sylvia Club comp. season is here!

5. ltnskater

ltnskater Active Member

O... that couldn't be farther from the truth! :rofl: or even if it was... it certainly wasn't the main reason...

6. peibeck

peibeck Letting Poje be on top

7. mineko

mineko New Member

Does anyone know which sectionals G/P participate and the scheduled time/date they skate on both SD & FD? I really don't want to miss seeing their programs.

8. Sylvia

AFAIK, Gilles/Poirier will compete at the Challenge (not Sectionals). Challenge dates are November 30-December 4, 2011, in Regina, Saskatchewan.

ETA: OK in the article they said their will debut their short dance "next weekend". It's the Central Ontario Sectional in Milton this weekend - Senior Dance is Saturday-Sunday, Nov. 12-13: http://www.skatecanada-centralontario.com/2011-12 resultsevents.htm#SECTIONALS

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  9. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

So great, because they can get a head start on winning a log at the Olympics in Regina in 1154!:lol:

10. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

Thanks, Sylvia.

It will be an interesting match-up at Central Ontario sectionals, because Ralph/Hill are also entered.

11. Sylvia

Just posted in the Canadian Sectionals thread in Kiss and Cry:

12. mineko

mineko New Member

Any video of G/P Sd? Pretty pleeeeeeeeease.

13. The Observer

The Observer Active Member

14. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

That is a very high score for a couple who have not been together long at all. Does anyone think they have any chance to come 3rd at Nationals? I guess their main rivals would be P/I [who havent looked too good and have had all kinds of bad luck] and R/H. Have I forgotten anyone?

And yes, please - I'd love to see a video if there are any.

15. Mevrouw

Mevrouw living every minute

I saw them at Thornhill, only a few weeks after they started working together, and they were already looking very good - as though they had been together forever and really suited each other. She brings out a different vibe and he actually shows up better with the stronger presence. I wouldn't be surprised if they were 3rd, although Ralph & Hill have really developed this year (especially Hill).

So sorry about the injury to Paul at NHK - she said she was OK but 20 stitches? wow.

16. jeb

jeb New Member

17. mineko

mineko New Member

^ Thank you. Both teams look great! :)

18. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

I am really excited about both these teams. Piper is just what Paul needs in a dance partner IMHO

19. kppt

kppt Member

I, too think they have a real shot at third place in Moncton. I also agree that it looked a little more polished at Octoberfest, however I do think it had more speed at Sectionals. The twizzles were amazing!

20. jeb

jeb New Member

21. The Observer

The Observer Active Member

Don't think I've seen Paul in a costume like that before.

22. Sylvia

23. amy8

amy8 Member

I am so sorry Vanessa and Paul had differences. Enjoyable but ...

24. casken

casken Well-Known Member

Wow, that was a lot better than I was expecting.

I'm not in love with her skating and I also think she's a *tad* tall for him, but they really move out across the ice surprisingly well and have pretty good unison for such a short time together. Paul looks amazing as always, both technically and :swoon: :grope:

And the entrance and leg variation on the twizzles was :wideeyes:

25. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

I thought they looked great together. She fits him very well. Very nice unison.

26. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Very nice. They certainly don't look like a team that's just been together for a few months. Their unison was good from what I could tell on that tiny screen, and I couldn't really tell what the facial expressions were, but it looked as though they could be connecting a bit. I agree about the edges...Piper's don't look as good as Vanessa's. But obviously she lit a spark under Paul :). He seems to be a little more alive. His skating, as always looked awsome.

I just hope and wish Vanessa would find a partner to suit her wonderful skills.

27. 4rkidz

4rkidz plotting, planning and travelling

I really enjoyed their short dance, such a fun number. Although must admit..I really enjoyed the style Vanessa had - Piper is a lot different - more like Caitlyn (Poje).. The only thing that I don't like is that now we have two dance couples who have very similar styles.. But Paul skated that really well.. it will be an interesting Canadians.. I think they will move into the 3rd Canadian spot.. will be interesting to see what the international judges think of them :shuffle:

28. shutterbug

shutterbug Well-Known Member

Paul :swoon: x infinity. Piper is an attractive girl with nice posture and decent expression, but she has a ways to go yet in terms of matching him (or his previous partner ) skills wise. Fun program though, very high energy. It will be interesting to see if they can get on the podium at nats.

29. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

As they skated out to starting position, for a moment I wondered why Poirier was skating with Weaver.

I nominate Poirier as next year's recipient of the panties.

30. MissIzzy

MissIzzy Active Member

That had me grinning at the end. (Looking at the protocols, though, they do need to fix those levels).