New Barbara Ann Scott Gallery at Ottawa City Hall

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by victorskid, Aug 8, 2012.

1. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

The gallery will be dedicated tomorrow (August 9th) and the "Come Skate with Me" exhibit will remain open daily from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (free admission).

On display will be a portion of the memorabilia that Barbara Ann has given to the City of Ottawa, including her Olympic Gold Medal. Read more in this Ottawa Citizen article online: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports...ott Queen brightened world/7054804/story.html

Barbara Ann is presently in Ottawa (for this event) and will attend an afternoon tea at the Minto Skating Club, the club from which she competed so successfully.

Included with the article in the printed version of the Citizen is a photograph of "BA" carrying the Olympic torch as it made its way through Ottawa in 2009 enroute to Vancouver.

2. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

What a great article!

3. victorskid

In the hard copy edition it's actually a two-page spread with the photos and the article. Well deserved :)

4. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I wish I had access to that!

5. Anemone

Anemone Active Member

There is a very short news piece about this on CTV's local Ottawa evening news. (I have no idea if this will be viewable outside Canada)
    http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.909275
    The piece on Barbara Ann Scott starts about 15:50 and goes to about 18:20.

6. victorskid

7. Treblenoi

Treblenoi New Member

8. victorskid

Those jabs were not made by Barbara Ann but by the journalist. BA was just talking about the fact that "figure" has been taken out of figure skating based on the current criteria.

9. victorskid