New Ashley Wagner IFS Magazine cover and video

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Jay, Feb 22, 2013.

1. OliviaPug

OliviaPug Well-Known Member

Ashley looks fabulous! Yay for her!

O-

2. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Great job, Jeff! Thanks for years of terrific photography!

Thanks, gofigure for the info, definitely will get a copy. :)

3. Jay

Jay Member

Ashley is a photograper's dream, and she's very friendly and easy to work with:)

4. Jay

Jay Member

Thanks for the kind words, but I want to point that I am but part of a hard working and very talented team of writers, photographers, editors, and graphic artists who collaborate to produce a magazine that we all love and are very proud and honored to work for and contribute to. And I have to give the executive editor the biggest credit for putting this team together and inspiring us to produce the best work we are capable of.

5. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Ashley looks great as usual. She has such a cute and unique sense of style, I love it! Also her arms are so buff, guess I hadn't realized how strong she really is through the upper body before. She rocks that look though like JoRo always did.

6. fenway2

fenway2 Well-Known Member

Sorry I didn't mean to imply that you were the only one responsible for IFS. I know there's an entire team working on the excellent magazine. :)

7. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

What a cool looking cat you are holding Jay, in that photo on your website. :) :cat:

And you're :cool: looking too! ;)

ETA:
    What is it that you enjoy the most about photographing figure skaters that might be different from photographing other subjects/ other athletes?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  8. Jay

Jay Member

{{{BLUSH}}}

That's Samson. He passed away a couple years ago from cancer. He was my baby and slept with me every night sprawled across my chest so that I would rub his belly while he purred away contentedly...

I've been a fan of figure skating for a long time, as well as photography. It was just natural to combine the two (and I have my partner Jayar to thank for pushing me in that direction). I think what I like most of all is the combination of action and beauty. I love photographing action because of the technical challenge and rewards of capturing the moment, but I also love photographing people and making them look better than they ever thought they could look.

9. aftershocks

^^ What a wonderful name is Samson, for such a cool cat. He must have been a great friend to you. I'm sorry to hear that he passed away. I'm sure he remains in your heart, and having him there with you in the pic on your website is a fitting tribute to his memory.

So glad you have been able to combine the pursuits you love. Thanks for all the wonderful work you do for the sport of figure skating in capturing some special moments. :)

10. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

Thank you, Jay, for your latest pics of Ashley (loved the photo shoot), and all your beautiful fs photography through the years! :cheer:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  11. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

12. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Thanks for posting this link. WOW - Ashley is a true beauty and natural star.

13. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

No, I did not make a typo. Jay Adeff is my husband, hence Mr. Jayar.

14. Jay

Jay Member

My mistake, I misunderstood what Jayar meant (I'm kind of slow sometimes). I'm proud to say that I've been Mr. Jayar (Jayar's husband) for 17 years:)

Mayra and (deleted member) like this.
  15. aftershocks

^^ Congratulations to you both, Jay and Jayar! :40beers:

16. NadineWhite

NadineWhite Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS TO MISS ASHLEY WAGNER ON ANOTHER ACCOLADE!:smokin:

She deserves it, all her hard work is paying off, and her looks are an added bonus, should garner her plenty more deals and sponsorships, et al. After all she is America's version of Kira Korpi. Jmho. :cool:

Now kick a** at Worlds!!!!!!!:kickass:

17. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

She looks very pretty, but I sure hope she skates better at Worlds then she did at Nationals... :shuffle:

18. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

A total thanks for sharing the video! Ashley looks wonderful. She does a great job doing her own makeup. :)

19. RD

RD Well-Known Member

I see a link to get separate issues on their site - seems like the most recent issue they have available though is the Dec 2012 issue with Chan on the cover.

20. Jay

Jay Member

It's also available right now if you get the digital subscription, as are other previous issues.

21. samiller

samiller New Member

You may also order the latest issue by telephone--same price as older issues. There's no charge for shipping and handling.