New Ashley Wagner IFS Magazine cover and video

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Jay, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Jay

Jay Member

The new Ashley Wagner cover for IFS Magazine is out. Check out the behind-the-scenes video "The Big Picture: IFS photo shoot with Ashley Wagner" on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/Y1jbULFL4uM

2. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing!

:cool:

3. cbd1235

cbd1235 Active Member

Can't help it....hottie with a body!! ;)

4. IceIceBaby

IceIceBaby New Member

I watched it and surprised that Ashley had to do her own make up and hair. Plus the photo shoot took place in someone's living room. :drama:

5. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Ashley's probably used to doing her own makeup, and for all we know prefers doing her own makeup. Or perhaps there isn't a budget set aside for a makeup artist, or whatever. What difference does it make? For all we know, there was a makeup artist present, but they decided to feature Ashley doing her own makeup. She certainly knows how to drive her own car, and apply her own makeup. ;)

How can you tell that the shoot took place in someone's living room? It's probably the photographer's studio (which very well could be in his home). Or, it took place somewhere else.

Ashley sure looks beautiful! I'd like to see more still pics from the shoot.

6. RD

RD Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing. Now I'd like to see some of the pics...

7. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

I didn't expect to see Ashley doing her own make-up and hair either, especially for a magazine cover. But she did an excellent job and she is a very lovely young woman.

8. cbd1235

cbd1235 Active Member

From her twitter it seemed like the photographer came to her living room.

And ladies skaters tend to be good at their makeup after years of doing it themselves.

9. DaiKozOda

DaiKozOda Active Member

Ashley looks awesome. Thanks for sharing the video!

10. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

It looked like a makeshift studio and since he also does wedding photography that wouldn't seem to be a suitable studio, considering the wedding gowns some brides wear. Would be awfully hard to maneuver in that small space. It being her living room though, the driving up in her car seems odd.

I'm surprised Ashley hasn't gotten some make-up, skin care, hair care or even jean ads. Does she have an agent?

11. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

This magazine probably doesn't have a lot of money. It doesn't bother me that much.

12. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

David Baden at IMG - she has ties with both Nike and Pandora jewelry so far this season.

13. maatTheViking

maatTheViking Skate America! Go!

Wedding pictures are rarely done in a studio though? Most people I know do them 'on location' either close to the wedding or in park/ocean front or something.

Ashley looks gorgeous, and I liked the way she did her hair and makeup!

14. Triple Butz

Triple Butz Well-Known Member

Who cares when she can do it so well!

Wurk it GURRRRRLLL!

15. Jay

Jay Member

The photo shoot was done in Ashley's living room, which is where she wanted to do it.

16. Jay

Jay Member

The rest of the pictures will be in the next issue of International Figure Skating Magazine:)

Sylvia and (deleted member) like this.
  17. IceIceBaby

IceIceBaby New Member

Yeah, nothing wrong with that, I was just surprised because I thought the magazine had a budget for these kind of things.

18. RD

RD Well-Known Member

Any chance of them appearing on the web for those of us who don't get the magazine?

19. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

As in for FREE? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having IFS subscribers? ;)

20. RD

RD Well-Known Member

IFS in fact used to post the pics from their shoots on the web, "for free".

I don't know if they have an option to purchase individual issues.

21. FunnyBut

FunnyBut Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing this! Lucky you , to work with skaters in their own living room. The Ashley cover looks beautiful, I always thought she was pageant queen pretty.:)

22. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

The photographer is Mr. Jayar, and he went to Ashley's place to do the shoot. She i very good at her own make up, yes?

Oh, and he has a traveling studio-- he goes where the work is.

23. gofigure

gofigure Active Member

I thought it was great to have some "real" background in the photo shoot - blank walls are not very exciting. You can buy individual issues of IFS. Call their customer service 1-800-437-5828.

24. fenway2

fenway2 Well-Known Member

Jay and gofigure,
    You're doing a wonderful job with IFS. It can't be easy keeping a figure skating magazine alive in the times we're living in so props to you all. :)
    For the record, I don't think anyone was criticizing Ashley or IFS that she was doing her own makeup, more commenting on how low figure skating is on the totem pole now. You'd probably never catch Serena Williams doing her own makeup for a photo shoot and people probably wish the US champion also had that luxury. I'll admit that Ashley doing her makeup was the first thing I noticed, too. First world problems and all. :)

BEAUTIFUL photos, Jay! Can't wait to read the cover story, gofigure!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  25. RD

RD Well-Known Member

Why is the make up thing such a big deal? :confused: Maybe it's just me but I'm like, who cares?

GF thanks for the info. I'll decide whether I'll look into it or not.

26. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

In my neck of the woods, the bride's official portrait (and often now that of both the bride and groom) which appears in the newspaper after the wedding is quite often done in a studio. He would need a studio to accommodate those choosing that option.

27. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

No one has said they cared, they were just expressing their surprise. Maybe Ashley is only a celebrity to skating fans, bus as such most expect a "celebrity" to have a hair and make-up person for magazine cover shoots and even to provide outfits for them to wear. It appeared Ashely might have used her own clothes. Oh! I shouldn't have said that as I might be accused of making a big deal out of it.

28. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

I thought Jay Adeff was the photographer

http://www.jayadeff.com/figureskating.htm

29. maatTheViking

maatTheViking Skate America! Go!

oh people put their picture in the paper? I see - it didn't even occur to me. I always just see my friends FB pictures of them in the park :D.
    (I had mine taken by a amateur photographer friend, we were young and on a budget).

30. Jay

Jay Member

IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.