New Amazing Race! Hopefully with stubborn animals!

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Awwww......I hate this elimination. They were excellent racers, but just made a judgment error. I was really hoping for a NEL.

shan

Awwww......I hate this elimination. They were excellent racers, but just made a judgment error. I was really hoping for a NEL.

I liked them more at the beginning of the season. I was starting to get annoyed by them (or at least one of them). That said, I have to say they were excellent racers, and there are other teams I would have liked to see go before them.

Ooh the infamous ox task is back next week!! :lol: I can't wait!

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
At least they didn't go out over the stupid U-turn alliance. That would've irked me. If you want to take out the strongest teams, it's the surfers and the dentists. A top three with those two and cyclists might've been pretty awesome.

Spareoom

At least they didn't go out over the stupid U-turn alliance. That would've irked me. If you want to take out the strongest teams, it's the surfers and the dentists. A top three with those two and cyclists might've been pretty awesome.

There was no point in trying to U-Turn the Dentists on this leg because they had the Save and were guaranteed to not go home. So everyone targeted the next two strongest teams, which were the Surfers and Cyclists.

BaileyCatts

But why didn't the Wrestlers U-turn the Cyclists like they agreed to when they were with the Scientists at the massage challenge? I was too busy yelling at the TV that I couldn't hear what they were saying. :shuffle: I mean, everyone all agreed to this big plan that the first Team there U-Turns the Surfers and the second team there U-Turns the Cyclists (since they were both behind the front 3), then no one followed thru .... how come?

So glad the Surfers got the Fast Forward!! I really want them to win. I was a little worried they might not get it when Adam wiped out so quickly and made the comment about how it was harder than he thought and it was more like snow boarding than surfing. They only had to go a second time and got it, right? I guess he just had to change his style of working the board to make it work. I imagine that if you had never surfed before, that it would be even way harder than it was for the people who actually knew how to surf. :lol:

Kinda anti-climatic in my rooting for the Evil Dentists to be out when I knew there was no way they were going tonight no matter what happened. But OMG that tightrope challenge!! And falling off!!! :eek: I know they are on a safety line but I woulda been screaming bloody murder if I fell! They woulda heard me down on the street.

:cheer2: for the return of the Broken Ox!!!

Last edited:

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
There was no point in trying to U-Turn the Dentists on this leg because they had the Save and were guaranteed to not go home. So everyone targeted the next two strongest teams, which were the Surfers and Cyclists.

True. But you could also slow them down and make them start later.

Spareoom

Those are just suction bruises though, right? Like a giant hickey. They look awful but they aren't painful and go away on their own.

Either way, it was VERY uncomfortable watching all those people scream their way through that detour. AYYIYIYI. I'm not sure if TAR meant to showcase a country's offering with a challenge that basically came across as torture, but yikes.

shan

Those are just suction bruises though, right? Like a giant hickey. They look awful but they aren't painful and go away on their own.

Either way, it was VERY uncomfortable watching all those people scream their way through that detour. AYYIYIYI. I'm not sure if TAR meant to showcase a country's offering with a challenge that basically came across as torture, but yikes.

Well gosh they sounded painful. :scream:

skatemomaz

Resist
The initial bruising was from the gua sha stones they were using. I have experienced both the cupping and the gua sha stones. Cupping doesn't really hurt it's just intense, the stones otoh....:yikes:

alj5

I'm also good with the cupping, but omg those stones looked horrible. I'm pretty sure I'd be crying like a baby (or a sugar scientist) during the middle section.

elka_sk8

Missed this weeks episode but bummed to see the cyclists were eliminated- they were good racers, and funny. Especially their jabs at the dentists. :lol:

Go surfers and scientists! :cheer2:

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I'm sad to see the cyclists go. They're one of the strongest all female teams in TAR history. I hope they get a shot at a second chance.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
If the cyclists want it, they are a shoe-in for the next all-stars.

ITA 1000%... if the show is still on the air long enough for another All Stars edition.

That elimination completely crushed me :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed I don't think I've been that distraught over an elimination since the beauty queens lost in back-to-back seasons. I definitely wasn't expecting it -- they've been one of the strongest teams of the past several years.

OMG BROKEN OX NEXT WEEK!

Spareoom

Wasn't it nice, though, to see a Fast Foward that was actually challenging and competitive? Usually if I recall correctly, Fast Fowards are mostly risky in the amount of time it takes to get to them, not the fact that you'd likely be fighting another team for it or unable to complete it.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
There is no way there should have been a surfing challenge as a fast forward with actual friggin professional surfers on the race though.

Spareoom

Adam isn't a professional surfer. Only Bethany is, and as someone who knows a little bit about surfing, that board they were on is NOTHING like a surfing board. Adam was right; it was more like snowboarding. In surfing, your center of gravity is totally different and you get this giant board to help you balance AND you're not trying to stay stationary on really turbulent water; you're flowing WITH the water.

I think Adam and Bethany had the advantage in that they're both athletes who do a lot of extreme sports that utilize balance, not necessarily because they were surfers.

Anyway, not that it makes that much of a different...Adam and Bethany were 40min behind the Bikers and were able to catch up and get to the FF while they were still there...surfing aside, that's pretty impressive. Most FF tasks seem like they finish pretty quickly aside from the travel to get there.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
OK, one of them is a professional surfer then. Still can't help the feeling that things are being manipulated towards a certain results. Of course nothing like that ever happens on television. ;)

zaphyre14

They've had all kinds of tasks that seem to have been geared to favor certain teams so that didn't bother me. I think the most impressive thing about Bethany is that I'm startled every time I see the shots of her missing arm. She's so matter of fact about it that I forget she's missing it. And, unlike some of the past contestants with disabilities, she doesn't bring it up constantly or use it to gain sympathy or assistance from others. She just plunges on and Adam does too. They are my favorite team ever.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
They've had all kinds of tasks that seem to have been geared to favor certain teams so that didn't bother me. I think the most impressive thing about Bethany is that I'm startled every time I see the shots of her missing arm. She's so matter of fact about it that I forget she's missing it. And, unlike some of the past contestants with disabilities, she doesn't bring it up constantly or use it to gain sympathy or assistance from others. She just plunges on and Adam does too. They are my favorite team ever.

Yeah, like Connor and Dad. Well, Dad. Connor just did what he could, but Dad whined about his injury all the time and thought they should get special treatment. Bethany and Adam made the decision for her to do as many tasks as she could as they knew there would be some which would be impossible for her and then Adam would be able to do those. I like professional surfing and while her career has been nothing like it might have been before the shark attack, she's done OK on the pro circuit with the easier events. Just coming back after the attack was heroic in itself.

Those wave boards are nothing like surfing other than they are boards in water. :lol: They do require balance, which they had, but I suspect the bikers did as well. The bikers almost made it a couple of times. I think they assumed Bethany/Adam would have an advantage and gave up. It was an unfortunate decision for them as they just ran out of time trying to do all the other tasks. I really did like them. And, I've grown to like the wrestlers. They aren't the sharpest tools in the box, but they have tried hard and they were pretty funny competing with the scientists. I would like Bethany/Adam to win, but the dentists and scientists are good teams and would be happy with whoever wins. This season has been one of the better seasons they've had in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information