New Amazing Race Cast Announced!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Fridge_Break, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/

Some interesting teams, particularly the very first one listed.. biological parent/child team that met just before the race began! Looks like they're pushing for an all-female team to win, with 4 F/F teams. And a few candidates who will be fighting for this season's "McBickerson" title. T'will be a fun season, I'm hoping!

Season premieres September 26 @ 8:30pm (special 90-minute episode)!
  2. AragornElessar

AragornElessar New Member

Been wondering when Phil was returning to my TV screen. Thanks Fridge Break!!
  3. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

I look forward to many ultra-exciting "share your feelings to receive your next clue" challenges! :saint:

But, seriously, TAR's Emmy streak finally ended (and just in time, IMO, as the category might have been auffed, ala Olympics softball, with much more TAR domination) ...

... so why not end the No Girl-Girl winners streak, too? :kickass: Hopefully I'll find one of the girl-girl pairs rootable. (Do Jet and Cord have any equally awesome sisters?)
  4. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Yay, I was also wondering when the season would start. I can't wait.
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  5. JumpinBug

JumpinBug New Member

Okay, I was all excited, but then got distracted by CBS' web site, which made me want my own Amazing Race floor mat, and an NCIS farting hippo. And a gnome!
  6. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

The first episode showed up in my tivo "to do" list, and it has this in the episode description:
    Winning the challenge gives a game changing advantage (I don't remember the exact words, but that's the idea). I wonder if this is some new aspect of the game. I hope not, I wouldn't want one challenge out of a bunch to have a disproportionate impact on the race
  7. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

A cool video clip to get you into the TAR mood.

It spoils only a challenge (presumably first episode) and the identity of one team. (Just to be safe, I skipped reading the viewer comments ... lest anyone blurted out real or fake spoiler information.)
  8. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

So, Beefy, are you setting up the game this season?
  9. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

^ Yes. Classic style. (Pick 'Em, Rank 'Em, and one extra credit - a yes or no question.)

I'll post the rules and such before the first episode, with an entry deadline before the start of episode #2, and then the fun bloodletting will begin.
    genevieve and (deleted member) like this.
  10. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:cheer2: I've been wondering when we would see a new cast announced!!
  11. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

I've read between the lines and am :cheer: that you've expressed your intent to enter the FSU predictions contest.

You know you want to ... nothing compares to the glory of the faceless fans rooting you onward to predestined victory.
    'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan' 'we want shan'
  12. shan

shan Well-Known Member

You are crazy!!! :D

Of course I'm entering the contest. I keep thinking, this will be my season, I'll go all the way!!! How many seasons in the row can you wind up in the bottom??? Wait don't answer that.... :scream:
  13. SharonDudd

SharonDudd New Member

OK, please explan the contest for the newbie here. I've loved AR since the very first episode and always wished that I could get one of my brothers or my kids to go on with me and see the world doing all those crazy things. Too bad my health has been such an issue the last few years where I couldn't even imagine applying for it! But it is a lot of fun to watch and wonder if I could really attempt some of the stunts that they have to do or eat some of those disgusting things I've seen them eat!!!
  14. Lilia A

Lilia A Well-Known Member

Yay a new TAR freak!!! :cheer2: Welcome.

I'd LOVE to be a TAR contestant, but there's no one in this world I know who is crazy enough to do it, and even crazier to do it with me. I'll do everything height and water related, just don't make me eat anything (except the two foot Polish sausage, that one I can handle). Edit: oh no that last sentence sound so wrong :eek:. That's not what I mean I swear :lol:

So, who thinks can challenge me this time? Last time I tied for first. TIED!!! :drama: Oh no no, after winning silver three times being tied for gold doesn't feel that great. Whoever said that I'm the Surya Bonaly / Sasha Cohen of the TAR contest was right.

OMG one week for it to start:D
    (runs to check out the team profiles).
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  15. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I'm excited. I'm really intrigued by the bio mom/daughter team.

snark: A former high school classmate is going to be on the Latin American version of this show (which airs through the Discovery Channel). Jealousy, thy name is oleada :eek:
  16. Lilia A

Lilia A Well-Known Member

Don't be! I bet it's not the same and really it isn't...they don't have Phil :grope:
  17. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

If I were on TAR, I'd try to drop out so I could hang out with Phil while the rest of the group were running around like idiots doing stupid stuff. :grope:
  18. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

I thought it was starting tonight, boo!!!

Any bets on whether we'll actually be seeing it at this time a week from now? :lol: Gotta love football season...
  19. JumpinBug

JumpinBug New Member

My listings say 1.5 hours starting at 8:30 next week... come on Phil!
  20. SharonDudd

SharonDudd New Member

Someone please tell me or send the link to previous TAR's contest here?? I've loved the show from the very first episode. I'd also love to see a shorter version of the previous winners against one another.

I've got the TiVO all set to record every new episode. I agree that Phil is the glue that holds the whole thing together.

So, please help me figure out this game/contest here at FSU!! I am so ready for Sunday night to get here!! :watch: :watch: :watch: :watch: :watch:
  21. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Well-Known Member

Beefy will post all the rules, don't worry. Essentially, after the first episode, you pick where you think everyone will finish.

Um, don't copy what I do. I'm always down near the bottom with Shan. :shuffle:

Remember the two guys who got kicked off midway through the first episode? I'd picked them to win.

Yeah.
  22. Tinami Amori

Tinami Amori Well-Known Member

A lot of "all girls" teams...... cat fights! So far I only like Connor and Jonathan.
  23. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

24. SharonDudd

SharonDudd New Member

25. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Bumping for tonight's premiere!!! :cheer2:
  26. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:p Actually, we're going "classic" this time, Kitty, due to the immense unpopularity of Suicide TAR. Suicide TAR was fairly successful on first-run, during TAR15 ...lots of faux and real :drama: and laughs. But it ran aground, badly, last season. Suicide, it turns out, is not painless.
  27. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Looks like we'll be late in NY tonight - unless this profile of Drew Brees is only 3 minutes long.
  28. shan

shan Well-Known Member

No, its really not.

:(