Need tor rent an office and a computer for two days...suggestions?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Rex, May 28, 2010.

1. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I snarked earlier in the snark thread that I was unable to do my Web Expressions Training because I couldn't install it on my computer - it kept freezing up. Doing it at work is out of the question because of the Dept. of Homeland Security's policy on downloading programs to our work PCs. I had to reschedule for another day while they investigate the problem. But if it doesn't work, I was wondering, where could I go that would allow me to use a computer for two days max for my training sessions. I know you can rent office space, but where would I look? Any suggestions would be helpful.

2. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

First, contact the company you're doing your Web Expressions training with. See if they have a local facility, and if so, if you can use it. If not, do they have relationships with any local facilities (other computer training companies, for example) where you could do the work?

A second option is to borrow a computer from a friend for a couple of days. You'd want the person to have a newer computer with lots of memory and power, and to have high speed web access.

There are corporate office rentals, both short and long term, that can come with computers and even help desk support. You'd need to check your local yellow pages/local yellow pages on the computer. Try something like "temporary office rentals", "short term office rentals," etc.

You could try local universities and community colleges. The University of Phoenix, for example, rents facilities out for events - maybe they'd rent you a room and a computer for a couple of days? I have no idea, but worth trying, if all else fails.

3. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Kinko's

4. GarrAarghHrumph

Do they still have the rental computers there? I'd forgotten about those. Could be a good idea - but ask if you can download the software and etc. If there are no Kinkos where you are, try other chain copy centers.

5. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

The company I signed up with doesn't have any contacts in my city for me to call. There is an office rental place that charges $45 per hour. For my needs, that comes to $630. I left a message with the Community College's Corporate Solutions asking them to contact me. Every time I call Kinko's I get sent to FedEx. I'm really getting frustrated.

6. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

Some hotels also offer office and computer rentals.

7. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Great - do you know which ones?

8. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

I don't think Kinkos lets you load software onto their systems. If you need to do that, maybe you could find someone on Craigslist who'd make a temporary loan in return for some $$?

FYI - Kinkos's is now "FedEx Office" -- FedEx bought them out.

9. GarrAarghHrumph

My experience with hotel computer connections has been spotty. Sometimes they're slow.

10. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Webucator wants to do a conference call with me on Wednesday so they can take a look at my home PC, and hopefully fix the issue.

11. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

there is a place downtown that has office space and stuff for people who work at home, I have the link saved someplace if you still need it

12. Gazpacho

Gazpacho Well-Known Member

I would try to find out what's wrong with the computer. If it won't install on your computer, it might be a sign that something is wrong with your computer. (Translation: Back up all important documents now!!)

If you go to a hotel or whatever, I doubt they'd let you download stuff onto their computers.

13. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

mlp, it would be great if you could send that to me, please. Thanks so much.

14. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

You could also try calling up the local libraries.

15. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE