Need help: email problems- hotmail/outlook

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I tried using Task Manager to close out Edge. I could see it in the list of what was running but, no matter how many times I tried, it wouldn't close it.

A number of people have had this same problem with this popup locking Edge. I posted on Microsoft forums and received these replies:

"First _ Close Edge using Task Manager Control-Alt - Delete

Second _ Close the offending Tab when you restart Edge by IMMEDIATELY holding down the Control key and tapping W (quickly and repeatedly) to close all Tabs before they can load."

"I have had two different formsw of this scam. I called. They want you to download software that gives them complete access to your computer.

Removal is very simple:
1. Close Edge with taks manager.
2. Unpin Edge from the tray at the bottom.
3. Press the Windows Key.
4. Right click on the Edge tile and unpin from the start.
5. Start edge using Cortana.
6. Right click on the Edge symbol in the tray and pin to start.

That's all yuou have to do."

By the time I received these responses, I had already got it to close but I don't remember how I did it.
I tried Edge maybe two times when I first upgraded to Windows 10. I didn't like it from the beginning. So, I've used IE 11 ever since. That's weird that trying to close the browser with task manager didn't work.

Now I know I won't be using Edge at all. I also made IE 11 the default browser shortly after I upgraded to Windows 10. Thanks for the info about the steps you took. Definitely avoiding Edge altogether!

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Last night I deleted cookies. Didn't help.

I tried to install IE11 but when I saw 'IE11 for Windows 7', I backed out. Couldn't find one for Windows 10. Should I just go ahead and use the one for Windows 7?

I tried to install Mozilla Firefox (latest version), but when it asked if it could get my computer info (can't remember the exact words but didn't feel comfortable), I backed out. Not sure if this is safe.

Advice please?

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Don't do any more upgrades. 11 is supposed to be worse than 10.

Mozilla - totally ok. We use it at my office (and I use it at home). We have found it to be stable, user friendly, and predictable.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I have a complete browser suite... Edge (never used), IE 11, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera. On my tablet and phone, I have Safari, Firefox and Puffin. My default for any site problem, including mail, is to try it in another browser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information