National Hug Your Cat Day

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Cyn, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Whether you're a cat owner or you're your cat's Human, today is National Hug Your Cat Day :cheer2: :cat: :cheer2: . Fix your furry family member a feline feast, entertain him or her with a new toy, treat your precious darling with lots of love, scritching, scratching, and as many hugs as possible.

(As if we they don't bestow upon us the privilege to demand that we spoil them rotten and shower them with love on a daily basis. :rofl: )

from My Punchbowl - Reasons To Celebrate

Associated Content article

....I wonder if Hallmark has a card for this. :lol:

Incidentally, June is Adopt a Cat Month, so if your missing out on the joy of being a feline's Person, today's the perfect time to change that!!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  2. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

So that's why Emily was meowing at me so insistently this morning, even after she had been fed! I will have to make it up to her when I get home tonight (her favorite catnip starfish has gone missing for about a week, so I will have to find it or get out the reserve catnip mouse).

Thanks for the heads up Cyn. I'm sure all the FSU :cat: :cat: will appreciate it. :)

3. Megi

Megi Well-Known Member

What about :dog:? :drama:

4. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Everyday is Hug Your Cat Day in my house. Sometimes she gets mad at me because I hug her too much.

5. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Heh. I've already been hugging the neighbors' cats today. :D They're left to wander every day, so they like to come over here and be fussed over.

6. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

My 2-year old cat hates being held. Think I'll substitute treats instead!

7. Lainerb

Lainerb New Member

Awww!!! I'll give my Eeshi an extra ten hugs today and make a trip to my parent's to hug their cats. Since I am vegan, I will give the smoked king salmon my parents always give me to my precious little girl.

8. MOIJTO

MOIJTO Banned Member

Hey! Its National Donut Day! Go eat a donut! Oh, and hug your cat too!

9. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

My house too!

10. BelleBway

BelleBway a monkey stole my title

Same here. :cat:

11. mpal2

mpal2 Well-Known Member

Mine won't let me hug them today. I put Frontline on them and that was unforgivable. :wuzrobbed

12. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Awesome! I don't have a cat right now :( but may be I could borrow my parent's. :cat:

13. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

While the garden kitty appreciates hugs, he's let me know he'd also like to celebrate with treats.

14. ebayj

ebayj New Member

You can hug my Harvey any time. He's a pretty sweet fellow, and has been a great add to my home.

15. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Yay! Harvey!!! :respec: I am so glad you are having fun with him. Post a pic?

16. ebayj

ebayj New Member

Garden Kitty did it for me on to FSU a while ago (I'm totally photo impaired) so will see if I can find it.

17. ebayj

ebayj New Member

18. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

19. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

My dear "fur person" , Ruby; will get even more attention from me today, than usual!

20. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Miss Peanut is not the most affectionate kitten (she will let me pick her up long enough to kiss her nose, but will tolerate no more), but she is currently curled up on my lap. A very rare occurrence. And I have to leave shortly. I will be sure to hug her. :D

Finley, on other hand, loves to be picked up and will hug you back. It would be the 17 pound cat that likes to be carried....

21. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

Here too, but they are twooooo!
    And most of the time outside, taking care of the mice and moles.

22. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Yes, mine does that too - and she brings me tasty snacks! She likes to share.

23. mysticchic

mysticchic Well-Known Member

Well both my kitties are clingons so I shall have no problem hugging. The big guy loves to be held like a baby.

24. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

Leo will hug me back sometimes when he's sitting on my lap and I'm hugging him. He's 14 lbs so when he sits on my lap I kind of have to hug him.:lol: Callie is much daintier at 8 lbs and she doesn't mind being held but she's not crazy about hugging, LOL. Still I will give them both extra love today.

Leo is currently occupied with chasing a fly that somehow got in the house.... oh dear, this is not going to end well.

25. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

I hug my cat all the time! Haha. She is sitting next to me purring away. She can't stand being away from me or Mr Lanie. She's one codependent kitteh. I need to tell my dad about Hug Your Cat Day so he hugs my kitteh who lives with them...

26. mrr50

mrr50 Well-Known Member

Have hugged all 4 cats today. Have also had to sit with my senior citizen Buster who gets to eat a renal diet. He does not like it so you have to cheer him on.

27. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

I like this day.

BTW - apparently it is also International Whore's Day (for prostitutes).

28. jen_faith

jen_faith New Member

Well I hugged our cat(Mo) and the two cats we are cat-sitting (Fat Cat and Little Cat--they have real names but the descriptors work better),

Little Cat had gotten out of the house and had disappeared for 5 days. We were calling shelters and patrolling the roads looking for roadkill when she poof out of the blue turned up at the back door hungry and grumpy. She got hugged anyway.

29. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

<sneezes> I'd better stick to virtual hugging <sneezes again>

30. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

My elderly Kit Kat is not a hugg-ee. Her thing is to dominate her humans, command our attention at will, and sit on top of us whenever she wants, with a few head pets and ear scratches.

This is many times a day - puss is appalled at the idea that there would be a National Hug Your Cat Day because it gives humans some control over their humans and suggests that we can ignore them all the other days of the year.