Nathalie et Fabian cheer thread!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Bournekraatzfan, Feb 8, 2014.

1. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Goodbye Little prince and your rose :encore::wuzrobbed

2. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

:wuzrobbed
    Congrats to them. Both dances were very interesting and well skated.

3. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

They were wonderful and truly deserved the bronze. Will really miss them.

4. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Now bring it on Papadakis/Cizeron :p
    See you at world's :)

5. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

I am crushed for them! I was so hopping they would medal. Loved their innovative programs through the years. Merci beaucoup, Nathalie et Fabian! :encore:

6. PashaFan

PashaFan Well-Known Member

I'm such a huge P/B fan but even I can say that I/K were deserving of the Bronze. But honestly, I kinda thought that P/B & I/K out-shined the top two.
    Also, no it was not a fix as it was in Russia. If you think that I/K were not amazing & truly deserved a medal then you don't know your skating.
    This Russian-fix thing is getting really old & boring.

7. lulu

lulu New Member

I hope P&B change their mind and decide to skate at Worlds. :)

8. escaflowne9282

escaflowne9282 Well-Known Member

I&K skated wonderfully, I have no issues with them , but where has anyone said that there was a Russian-fix on this thread? This thread is meant for people to cheer, and possibly say goodbye to P&B.

In any case, I teared up watching P&B skate. I'll always remember the first time I really noticed them back in 2006 with their Four Seasons program and Nathalie wearing cotton balls and Fabian in what looked like a burlap sack. I remember thinking what the... :confused:. It was so unique and caught me off guard, that they quickly became one of my favorites to watch. I remember year after year each of their programs took on a completely different character, from dancing to Techno music in straight jackets, to their Chaplin and Circus themed programs, I really will miss their presentation, originality and quirkiness. To see them skate well, and just not have it be enough for a medal is so difficult. They really skated wonderfully this season, and I hope they can at least walk away knowing they did their all.

puglover and (deleted member) like this.
  9. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

I really loved their Flamenco OD when Nathalie used the fan .It was just as good IMO as A/P and L/A ODS.

10. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

Actually I've been quite vocal about I/K being my second fave team (and I was even praising them last year with that Ghost program). I think they are very amazing, and will be gold medalists in 2018. But I don't think they deserved bronze here. They can often be hectic and lose control in some of the movements (especially Nikita's twizzles). They (at this point) lack the finesse that P/B presented here. The overall quality of P/B was better. I don't think swan lake became 7 points better from the team event. I watch every single competition, and while I've seen great growth in I/K, I didn't think they reached that level yet. You are free to disagree, but not to accuse anyone of being ignorant because they disagree!

11. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan Well-Known Member

I am absolutely heartbroken for them...they deserved a medal. They have never been in favour with the judges, in spite or their constant efforts to improve and grow. Excellent basics and true dancing. For me, their medal record says nothing about their abilities or efforts--they are an amazing team and have given so much to the sport. They made interesting, innovative programs when people said that was impossible under the new system. They have overcome numerous injuries and other obstacles and managed to bring many great qualities of the old system into the new one.

Ils n'ont pas gagné une medaille, mais le petit prince et sa rose ont gagné mon cœur.
    Félicitations !

12. bunhead

bunhead Member

I've never been a fan of Nathalie and Fabian until this season. Watching them skate their FD in the last group made the quality of their skating astoundingly clear. I finally got why they have such loyal fans. I was gutted for them when I read their post-skate interview. I've always admired their forthrightness, creativity and courage to be different. Merci beaucoup!

13. girlscouse62

I truly thought,after their amazing FD, that they would get bronze. Thought it was their best programme ever!

14. Karpenko

Karpenko Well-Known Member

:( They did so well. Life just isn't fair. But I do think that the result is. I hope they continue for another year or two, if they do... A World Championship title is most definitely in the cards for them. Regardless I will always love and respect what they brought to ice dancing, some of the most innovative ideas with fresh unique personalities on the ice and they'll always be my favorite team from this era. :rockstar:

They are really a breath of fresh air to watch in person too, their personalities just fill up an entire arena. I remember attending the Free Dance in LA at the World Championships and they completely lit up the crowd and were the best performance of the night IMO! (the crowd was literally asleep beforehand) They have put so much into their careers already but realistically... One more year could bring them their best ever results. :shuffle:

That 07 "Four Seasons" FD in particular was really just so werid, but when I "got" it I've rarely been :inavoid: as I was with that program - talk about completely modern and cool.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  15. DaiKozOda

DaiKozOda Active Member

I love the legacy that Pechalat & Bourzat have brought to modern ice-dancing. They have to be praised for daring to think outside the box. Nevertheless, I don't have a beef with the OG results. I believe the result is correct. But off course that it is heartbreaking to see someone work so hard for most of their lifes just to go home without an olympic medal. On the other hand, I believe they shouldn't feel sad. Pechalat & Bourzat conquered the hearts of many people and they will be remembered.

Maybe they will still be connected with ice-dance in the future as coaches or choreographers.

16. lulu

lulu New Member

ITA with everything.
    I would love to see them work as choreographers/coaches some day. In the near future, they have such a unique style on the ice, I hope they will consider skating in shows/tours (sorry, haven't read the entire thread, so maybe they've already considered/nixed this idea). But, they have such a memorable and unique style, I would love to see them continue their craft in a new venue-without having to worry about judges, what other competitors do or the regulations of ISU short dance/free dance.

17. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

The judging at this event was very biased towards the Russians. I was never really a true blue fan of theirs, but I feel with their lovely programs esp. the FD, they should have been on the podium.

18. girlscouse62

Again, clarie, I have to agree. I love the Russians but don't think they have the technique of P/B, or the smooth style.

19. DannyCurry

DannyCurry Active Member

Just this event? What about the pairs and the ladies?