Nathalie et Fabian cheer thread!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Bournekraatzfan, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

This amazing team needs their own cheer thread:)

Thank you for years of beautiful skating. May this Olympics be everything you had hoped for and more. Allez Nat et Fab!

2. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

I really want them to get the bronze. They've been such a wonderful team over the years, and their dedication to creativity is something I'll miss.

3. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

Thank you for this thread bkfan! I'm so excited to see them in Sochi, yet very sad it'll be their last competition. Good luck Nat & Fab!

4. MoreIce

MoreIce Member

Rooting for them to take the bronze!! They are my favorite team and I will miss them so.

5. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

6. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Go Nathalie and Fabian you can do it :kickass::cheer2:

7. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

Allez, Nathalie et Fabian! :cheer:

8. bronwynsings

bronwynsings Active Member

I want them to win the bronze so badly. I cannot wait to see them skate their FD, it's one of my favorites this year!

Gooooo Nathalie and Fabian! :cheer2:

9. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

What did you all think of the new SD beginning ?

10. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

Thanks for this thread !.
    I liked their original SD better but thought this new one is great.
    I'm kinda scared for them though after their scores in the team event.
    I really want them to win Bronze but there are two Russian couples who can beat them plus W/P.
    I think Nathalie & Fabian are better though.

11. succubus

succubus Well-Known Member

Love love love them, and turned my non-skating-watching DH into a fan last night. Bronze!!!

12. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

I love the SD they have now better than what they had. I don't know exactly why, but this one seems to resonate more with me. The fact they have divine skating to go with it is just icing on the cake.

GO P/B!!!

13. reese

reese Well-Known Member

They had the highest SD base value of any of the teams (30.50) in the team event. The PCS is what put them 4th. :shuffle: So revamping the SD was a good call.

14. Bournekraatzfan

I actually think they are better than a bronze, but they have never been in favour with the judges. Their basics are gorgeous and they are excellent dancers. I hope they can skate programs they are proud of and enjoy the moment.
    <3

15. Jasmar

Jasmar Active Member

They shouldn't have any trouble against either Russian team, but it looks as though they will. Not because of the skating, I might add. So frustrating.

16. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

I really loved the original SD and was weary that they were changing it, but I love the new version even more! It seems more cohesive as a program. They were so fabulous in the team sd, especially Fab! It's hard to stand out against Nat, but he was really selling it!

17. reese

reese Well-Known Member

It was posted on P/B's facebook page that they are now in Moscow training with Igor.

18. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

They are smooth as butter but Fabian is vulnerable.At the moment it seems he makes very small mistakes whether it be twizzle's or losing his balance .I love the change's too it build's' but I still miss the very difficult change of position lift they had at GP .No doubt it was too difficult and risky .The costume's were good too .Hasn't Fabian worn that suit before ? I wasn't keen on the red tie I think an open at the neck shirt would be better.
    I will so be rooting for them though .Can't wait to see Little Prince again !

19. Bournekraatzfan

Their basics are gorgeous--such smooth, clean edges :swoon: And they are both fabulous dancers and know how to move as a team. I love how they work with each other in creating a movement story. They understand rhythm so well and just know how to move. They are amazing.

20. puglover

puglover Active Member

I love P&B as well. They have done so many unique programs - they will be really missed when they retire.

21. DannyCurry

DannyCurry Active Member

I was not a fan of their original SD, but I love the new one! I'd have had them above Bobrova and Soloviev in the team event, but I didn't check the protocols so maybe the placement was right.
    Love their FD as well. Rooting for them to get the bronze too but it seems the judges favour other teams..

22. Jessiebanana

Jessiebanana Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think the Bronze for any non Russian team is a pipe dream at this point. Judging by the team event I think B/S and I/K would have to implode for that to happen and that doesn't seem likely. I've never seen an entire country of people skate that well at the same event. I would like to know what magical kool aid of confidence they've all been drinking.

Even in pairs today with S/S skating well, they put them five points behind V/T. If a Russian is within a stones throw of a medal, they'll get it.

23. puglover

puglover Active Member

You are likely right Jessiebanana. They have made a huge number of sacrifices to try and get that medal - I am sure every move and coaching change has been so disruptive to their lives. Fingers crossed for them anyway.

24. Terri

Terri Well-Known Member

Well I'm still hoping for bronze for these two. It seems like we've been watching them forever. They'll be the happiest bronze medalists ever.

25. bronwynsings

bronwynsings Active Member

They're in the mix for bronze still after a fabulous SD :D

26. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

They were exquisite today! Absolutely amazing! This was a perfect last skate for them. My announcers were very clear that they should've been in front of I/K... but we all figured it wouldn't happen. Some things are more important than medals and I'm glad they had amazing skates here. Congrats Nat and Fab!! :encore:

27. znhurston

znhurston Member

Yes, once again, they were robbed! This has been the story of their career. But I so appreciate this team for their perseverance and personality. I will miss them!

28. puglover

puglover Active Member

So sad to see their careers draw to a close. They have been so great and really rose to the occasion at these Olympics.

29. escaflowne9282

escaflowne9282 Well-Known Member

I'm going to miss these two a lot, they brought me a lot to look forward to. They always were the most creative and original skaters out there, and I enjoy them much more than any of the Olympic medalists.

Wheee Nat&Fab :cheer2:

30. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

I will miss them so much :(They had amazing skate's of two great programme's .I always seem to like the French teams.
    Thankyou Nathalie and Fabian !