Natalie Wood case re-opened

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Wyliefan, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Is there a reason that they need a press conference to announce they've reopened the case? Couldn't that wait until after they decide whether or not to press charges ?

2. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

It's Hollywood - it's what they do.

3. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Press conferences are often called for efficiency - they'd get so many inquiries about this that it's easier just to make one statement and open it up for questions once, and then get back to business.

4. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

Anything that the police do in terms of a case is pretty much open to the public and the media. Therefore, if a reporter or just a concerned citizen saw or heard that the police were digging around for more information there would be many questions about it and why it was happening. Press conferences are often pre-emptive. They are answering questions they know will be asked. They are also responding in their own terms. They can state that their reasoning without the questions that are sure to come.

5. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Ironic that Splendour in the Grass will be showcased on TCM's The Essentials tomorrow night...

6. VALuvsMKwan

VALuvsMKwan Wandering Goy

This is its 50th anniversary year, just as with "West Side Story".

Next year marks the same for "Gypsy". Natalie was so wonderful in that - I have read that Gypsy Rose Lee cried watching Natalie perform during the theater striptease numbers because she was so good at capturing GRL's essence.

7. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

8. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

There can be nothing new after 30 yrs. If the captain really knew something that would make it murder he should be charged with assessory after the fact. And if Natalie was screaming, why didn't he help her? And why wait until now to come forward? All these reality type millionaires probably inspired him. At least he will make money on the talk show circuit.

Royalty? Are you sure? Both Kirk & Michael make me want to barf. I've liked many of their performances (esp Spartecus) but they both have such huge heads I'm surprised they fit thru doorways.

9. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

Thinking you might have hit the nail on the head.

10. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

This is one of the most brilliant movies ever made. OK, maybe I just really like it. I thought Woods' acting in this was spectacular.

But what really gets me the most about this movie was all the things left unsaid. The tension is just epic. I don't even think this screenplay could get made today. Producers would want to show the sex and violence, but it was so much more powerful to show the impact of it.

11. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

Poor Natalie. Who knew that some wood doesn't float.

12. Civic

Civic New Member

No, you didn't. However some posters may wonder why the police bother with a 30 year old case.

13. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

Really lame.

Ozzisk8tr and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Civic

Civic New Member

Husbands and boyfriends are usually the first people the police look at when a woman dies in suspicious circumstances. Is the police spokesperson telling the truth or are the police trying to lull Robert Wagner into a false sense of security? The $64,000 question.

15. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Considering this a thirty-year-old cold case, I'm guessing they already looked at the husband and are probably not worried about lulling him into a false sense of security at this point. His not having been arrested long ago probably went a long way to make him feel secure.

The "new info" lost a lot of credibility the minute it was revealed it's related to a book coming out....