Natalie Wood case re-opened

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Wyliefan, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Apparently there's new information about her death. There'll be a press conference tomorrow.

Eden and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

Wow, after all these years?

3. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Talk about a cold case.

4. birdgal

birdgal New Member

Wow!!!

5. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov Well-Known Member

I wonder what new information the police found. IIRC, her death was originally ruled an accident.

6. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

Ditto

7. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

8. Louise

Louise Banned Member

Poor Robert. He's too old to be in prison garb. But hey he's had almost 30 years free after her 'accident'. About time he pays the piper.

Witnesses that night heard Natalie screaming for help but did nothing. Reminds me of the JonBenet Ramsey case where neighbors heard her scream in the middle of the night, did nothing, and again another cold case. The Ramsey's next door neighbor even said that she heard a little girl scream in the middle of the night, and figured it was JonBenet, yet failed to do anything.

And it has always been common knowledge that Natalie Wood had a phobia about water, and especially dark water. How ironic that she died in dark water.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  9. Civic

Civic New Member

True, but there is no statue of limitations on murder. So, the police probably feel obliged to look into any allegations of foul play regarding her death.

10. Louise

Louise Banned Member

Is Lana Wood still alive? She said she would not reveal the man that raped Natalie when she was 15 until after he died. Well, Kirk Douglas has been dead now for years, so what's she waiting for?

11. Civic

Civic New Member

Wasn't Christopher Walken on the boat with them that night?

12. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Uh....to find out that Kirk Douglas died? Because he's still alive.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirk_Douglas

13. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov Well-Known Member

Even if Kirk Douglas was no longer alive, Hollywood spends so much energy building up PR images that his fans and the press would probably eat Lana alive and not many would believe it. Especially not someone at the head of a family that is considered Hollywood royalty like the Douglas'.

I always think of what happened when Bing Crosby's son and Joan Crawford's daughter wrote autobiographies that portrayed their parents differently than the image the public had fallen in love with.

There always was something odd about the circumstances of Natalie's death.

14. Louise

Louise Banned Member

Oopsie, so that's why Lana hasn't come out yet with Natalie's rapist. Sorry....
    (I just realized I confused Kirk with Lloyd Bridges who died years ago, for whatever reason I confused the two old coots)

And yes, Chris Walken was on the Splendour that night. What conventional wisdom has determined is that she, in a booze and pilled state, was having sex with Chris and Robert got angry and put her out on the dinghy boat scaring her to death. She overreacted, slid off the dinghy and drowned after 20 minutes of screaming for help. I believe Robert had Chris at gunpoint too. It was ugly, and a screaming Natalie got lost in the drama.

15. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

What an amazing development.
    I really liked Natalie Wood in 1979 TV version of From here to Eternity, and of course there will always be Splendor In The Grass to remember her.

If the suspicions against Robert Wagner turn out to be truth, then it is/was Poor Natalie Wood, IMO. :(

16. Louise

Louise Banned Member

'Splendor in the Grass' is one of my favorite movies. But jeez did she overact... She sooooo could have played on Beatty's dumbhick stupidity and gotten him into bed. She was just too crazazy. I really don't think at that point Natalie Wood was acting as opposed to acting out. She was married at the time, was having an affair with Beatty and being her own crazazy self. That she made it to 42 is amazing. The company and men she kept, the substance abuse, well, 42 is an achievement.

17. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I adore her acting in Splendour in the Grass. :shuffle:

18. Civic

Civic New Member

So why didn't Walken tell the police this once he was safely ashore and away from Wagner?

19. emason

emason Well-Known Member

I don't know where you dreamed this up, but this is not the "conventional wisdom" that has been floating around for years. If the rumors are to be believed, you have the who was having sex with whom totally wrong.

Rex, where are you? We need you.

20. VALuvsMKwan

VALuvsMKwan Wandering Goy

And, since we are dishing the tea here, this would tie in to something I read in a biography of Natalie which indicated that the reason her first marriage to RJ Wagner broke up was because she walked in on him "in the throes of passion" with another guy.

Shades of Wade Lewis in "Inside Daisy Clover" (in terms of the alleged bisexuality).

21. Civic

Civic New Member

If you're implying what I think you are this would explain why Walken kept quiet.

So she married him again? Did she think bisexuality was something he could overcome like cancer?

22. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

:confused: I never said they shouldn't.

23. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Was it really Kirk Douglas who raped her?? I knew about the rape, but I never heard who did it.

24. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Off topic, but where did you get this? I've followed the case from the beginning and have never heard or read anything like this.

25. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I still think her best acting was Miracle on 34th Street. It's not easy to play a kid that doesn't annoy me.

AYS and (deleted member) like this.
  26. Louise

Louise Banned Member

Just google "JonBenet scream" and you'll get several hits. That investigation was SOOOO bungled. It's hard to know what to believe.

27. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Thanks - I did that after I posted, and it came back to me. The one neighbour who originally said she heard a scream changed her story several times, eventually saying it might have been a few nights earlier. No one else heard it, including several who were closer to the house, so I guess I had just discounted it as irrelevant.

The biggest problem with that case was that it was initially treated as a missing person, so tons of people were allowed to wander all through the house, handle potential evidence, talk to each other etc. That, and the father moving the body. Later politics between different agencies and people certainly didn't help, but even the world's best investigator was going to have a challenge with that one.

Back to Natalie, y'all!

28. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Point: just from where *I* am sitting, as long as everyone's honest I don't see the issue with a husband who's not averse to sex with men, too. No one would think it odd if the expectation were f/f/m (that one's not my kink, but I have no problem with the idea of threesomes working the OTHER way. Maybe she decided she didn't either.)

Hm. Wagner's on NCIS again this week (he plays Dinozzo's father-casting gag as Mike Weatherly met the producer of NCIS while Weather was playing Wagner in "The Natalie Wood Story") and...he's suspected of murder. Yeah, dead guy in the trunk instead of dead wife in a thirty-year-old cold case, but still.

29. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm actually wanted? :drama: ;)
    The details of her death were always rather murky, and I've heard various stories about her tempestuous relationship with Wagner, Beatty and others. I didn't know that she was actually dating Beatty while married to Wagner - that's news to me. But she was no saint. Neither were any of the parties involved. After the OJ and Robert Blake fiascos, nothing in Hollywood surprises me anymore.

But I have heard the story about Kirk's alleged rape of Natalie. She was neither his first nor last victim from what I understand. Horrible, vile jerk of a man, and the fruit hasn't really fallen that far from the tree.

30. znachki

znachki Active Member

Hmm.. So the Captain didn't feel the need to come forward at the time? But now a book that few would have purchased will get lots more attention.

Not excusing Wagner if this is true, but really...