Naomi Nari Nam is now a mom

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by FSOWebmaster, Mar 4, 2011.

1. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

OMG, I am old!

Congrats!!

2. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

Phew! I can remember when Naiomi was mentioned in conversations with Sasha Cohen, the two were starting out, both yet to hit their stride. Sasha.....made some hits, made some skids, some diversions, but was otherwise always on the radar, even during her break from skating. Could never figure out what happenned to NNN, now NNNP. Time flies!

PS- Change her name to Am I No Rain Man?

3. lucysk8

lucysk8 New Member

Was Naomi Nari Nam the tiny girl that almost beat MK back in 99 at Nationals and like hit her head?

4. AnnieBgood

AnnieBgood Active Member

Aww, baby ballerina had a baby boy. :)

Should've named him Richard. ;)

5. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Not sure if I would say that. She just got a lot of hype as possible competition. However, NNN finished 4th after the SP which Michelle won. That means Kwan would have had to finish 3rd or lower in the LP for NNN to win and Kwan won the LP with NNN 2nd. I don't remember the ordinals but I doubt NNN got even one ordinal over Kwan.

6. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

She did fall in the SP and hit her head, hence the 4th place.

Dick Button said she challenged Kwan, maybe that's what lucysk8 was thinking of.

7. azskatefan

azskatefan New Member

Naomi struggled with back injuries that ultimately lead to the end of her singles career. She came back later as a pair skater, even medaling at Nationals with Themi Leftheris. But again, injuries were too much and she had to retire for good. She coaches at Kwan's EWIP rink.