Names for baby kitteh?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by michiruwater, May 29, 2010.

1. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

Beautiful kitten, Michiruwater!

2. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

You could name him Puck. It's literary. :p

3. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

Puck makes me think of the Glee hottie and somehow that just doesn't work :lol:

I have no idea why the Humane Society thought he was undersocialized. He's everywhere and loves people and isn't even slightly shy. We cut him off in my room for yesterday and last night but I think we might open up more of the apartment sooner... he wants to get out!

Cyn's list is awesome but we've used half of those in the past :lol: My dad's an English/literature Professor. My name is Charlotte Emily after the Brontes :lol: My sister had a particularly adorable little feisty puppy named Atticus last summer who unfortunately was hit by a car when he was still a baby and she's still not over it :(

4. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

I have 2 cats like yours....they're 9 and 11 and your pictures take me back to when they were that cute! I named one of my cats Oz. We play the "great and powerful Oz" game weekly and the "disregard that cat behind the curtains game." :)

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  5. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Tybalt is also known as the King of Cats. ;)

My Peanut is a muted ginger color, but her brother was bright orange like you as yet unnamed kitteh.

(I named her Peanut because she was so tiny next to Finley.)

Congrats on your new kitty. :)

6. Aimless

Aimless New Member

Pushkin.

Then he can be a Pushy cat.

skatefan and (deleted member) like this.
  7. SoNaoWat?

SoNaoWat? New Member

I have two cats (and I know there are people who might have a fit about this, but..) named Hitler and Mussolini. Because Kitty Hitler has a black smudge under his nose, and the other one I just suggested the name to go with Hitler. My mom and dad's cat's name is Pandora and my sister's cat's name is Crazy Hazel. Our last cat before The Dictators was Pearl.

8. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

Every cat we’ve ever had starts off with an “official” name that’s on the veterinary records, but each “found” its own name. For example, our last kitty had a given name of L.B.Kittenface, but the name we “found” was “The Poot.” It’s hard to explain, but long-time cat owners might understand. :lol:

9. Lainerb

Lainerb New Member

Chanterelle or Chantie/Chanie for short.

10. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

:rofl: I nearly fell out of my chair when I read your post.....my Ex's cat (that he had for 16 years before we married and who outlived said marriage) was named Mussolini - never in my life did I ever expect to find anyone with a cat who had the same name.

His other cats over the years were named Theodore Roosevelt, Miles Davis, and Chakri (who was a Siamese cat).

Our first cat was named Banshee (who earned that name by being a very, VERY vocal kitten); we also had a cat named Gonzo (for some reason, it just fit his personality), and we currently have three cats, named Luci aka BitchCat, Sharpie TC (TC short for "The Cat" so as not to be confused with FSU's SHARPIE :lol: ), and Mouschi MC (MC as she's a Maine Coon).

Mouschi is named after the cat that lived with Anne Frank and her Family (along with the Van Daams and Mr. Dussell) in The Secret Annex -- their Mouschi belonged to Peter Van Daam). When I researched the the name, I found out that "Mouschi" is a Dutch term meaning "beloved pet, usually a cat."

11. SoNaoWat?

SoNaoWat? New Member

Lol! Cyn, that's funny! I guess the even weirder part is that Mussolini is a girl!

I like the Mouschi name. Is it pronounced Mooshie or Moos-chie or some other way altogether? Maybe we'll start calling our Mussolini that as a nickname. Sometimes I just call her Moose.

The kids tried calling her a jewel name because our other cat was Pearl. They tossed around Diamond, Amethyst, Sapphire. I thought if they were going to go that route, they should have picked Ruby, but I was already calling her Mussolini and it stuck.

12. Marge_Simpson

Marge_Simpson Well-Known Member

Yannick. :lol:

13. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

Maybe this will help. http://www.kitten-names.com/

Personally I tend to prefer more sophisticated (or at least "normal") names for my animals and avoid the "cutesy" ones. :p

14. mysticchic

mysticchic Well-Known Member

Cute kitty!! What about Beastly?

15. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

I had a cat who was Monster at the Humane Society. I didn't like that, and called him the Beast for a while. That didn't really fit, and he ended up being Kitty Butt, poor thing. His dignity was resuced when I transferred to London and couldn't take him with me. My grandparents adopted him from me and he finally ended up with the name KB.

16. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Pippin works; I like that.

17. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

When my sister got a dog, one of her sons commented "He looks like The Littlest Hobo!" So Hobo it became, often nicked Hoppity. Beauty, Kid, Bruno and Fang were names of the dogs I grew up with. Hope that helps.

18. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

Very cute kitty! :) It's been a very long time since I had such a young one -- my most recent two came to live with me as adults.

The first cat I had looked very much like this kitty -- and started out as "Alexander" but eventually became "Mouser" (don't ask me why:lol:). Other "ginger" cats I have known included "John Henry" (a cat you definitely didn't want to get on the bad side of), "Peaches" (a very sweet cat) and "Finn" (who was a gorgeous long hair).

19. mkats

mkats New Member

:lol: Gorgeous kitty!

Can't help you with creative names though - our rabbit is named Fluffy. Although she sometimes gets called anything from Bunny to Rabbit to "Fat one" (in Chinese).

20. Moto Guzzi

Moto Guzzi Well-Known Member

21. mysticchic

mysticchic Well-Known Member

My 2 cats name have changed over the year from Pikachu to Poopy Pikachu and Fluffy to Stuffin Muffin (he's huge)

22. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

I think that is a great name for the kitty.

One thing I really like about FSU is the number of cat lovers on this forum. And everyone gets very excited about new kitties. Makes me feel good and puts a smile on my face.

23. triplelooped

triplelooped New Member

We had an orange kitty we named Obie (or O.B.), short for orange baby.

24. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

:rofl: Too funny. Reminds me of my cat Chessie Mikhail.

25. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Another vote for Pipin. My brother's getting a cat when he moves to a place that allows animals--I'll be sure to show him this list. :)

26. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

I've always wanted to name a kitten or dog Marat. Yes, I'm a tennis fan. I also seem to recall that Gorbachev's kitten was named Murat, which I also love.

We had a Lancelot, a Nanook, and a Toulouse.

27. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

Pippin it is :) All my friends came over today to celebrate Hug A Cat Day and he was very excited :lol:

28. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Pippin is a fine name!
    May you'll enjoy one another's company for years to come.

29. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Welcome, little Pippin. May you have a long and happy life with your person.

30. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Aww, congrats on your kitty and his new name. Sending virtual squeezes, as, well, we are online after all and I'm allergic anyhow!