Names for baby kitteh?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by michiruwater, May 29, 2010.

1. SoNaoWat?

SoNaoWat? New Member

Lol! Cyn, that's funny! I guess the even weirder part is that Mussolini is a girl!

I like the Mouschi name. Is it pronounced Mooshie or Moos-chie or some other way altogether? Maybe we'll start calling our Mussolini that as a nickname. Sometimes I just call her Moose.

The kids tried calling her a jewel name because our other cat was Pearl. They tossed around Diamond, Amethyst, Sapphire. I thought if they were going to go that route, they should have picked Ruby, but I was already calling her Mussolini and it stuck.
  2. Marge_Simpson

Marge_Simpson Well-Known Member

3. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

Maybe this will help. http://www.kitten-names.com/

Personally I tend to prefer more sophisticated (or at least "normal") names for my animals and avoid the "cutesy" ones. :p
  4. mysticchic

mysticchic Well-Known Member

Cute kitty!! What about Beastly?
  5. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

I had a cat who was Monster at the Humane Society. I didn't like that, and called him the Beast for a while. That didn't really fit, and he ended up being Kitty Butt, poor thing. His dignity was resuced when I transferred to London and couldn't take him with me. My grandparents adopted him from me and he finally ended up with the name KB.
  6. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Pippin works; I like that.
  7. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Well-Known Member

When my sister got a dog, one of her sons commented "He looks like The Littlest Hobo!" So Hobo it became, often nicked Hoppity. Beauty, Kid, Bruno and Fang were names of the dogs I grew up with. Hope that helps.
  8. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

Very cute kitty! :) It's been a very long time since I had such a young one -- my most recent two came to live with me as adults.

The first cat I had looked very much like this kitty -- and started out as "Alexander" but eventually became "Mouser" (don't ask me why:lol:). Other "ginger" cats I have known included "John Henry" (a cat you definitely didn't want to get on the bad side of), "Peaches" (a very sweet cat) and "Finn" (who was a gorgeous long hair).
  9. mkats

mkats New Member

:lol: Gorgeous kitty!

Can't help you with creative names though - our rabbit is named Fluffy. Although she sometimes gets called anything from Bunny to Rabbit to "Fat one" (in Chinese).
  10. Moto Guzzi

Moto Guzzi Well-Known Member

11. mysticchic

mysticchic Well-Known Member

My 2 cats name have changed over the year from Pikachu to Poopy Pikachu and Fluffy to Stuffin Muffin (he's huge)
  12. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

I think that is a great name for the kitty.

One thing I really like about FSU is the number of cat lovers on this forum. And everyone gets very excited about new kitties. Makes me feel good and puts a smile on my face.
  13. triplelooped

triplelooped New Member

We had an orange kitty we named Obie (or O.B.), short for orange baby.
  14. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

:rofl: Too funny. Reminds me of my cat Chessie Mikhail.
  15. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Another vote for Pipin. My brother's getting a cat when he moves to a place that allows animals--I'll be sure to show him this list. :)
  16. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

I've always wanted to name a kitten or dog Marat. Yes, I'm a tennis fan. I also seem to recall that Gorbachev's kitten was named Murat, which I also love.

We had a Lancelot, a Nanook, and a Toulouse.
  17. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

Pippin it is :) All my friends came over today to celebrate Hug A Cat Day and he was very excited :lol:
  18. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Pippin is a fine name!
    May you'll enjoy one another's company for years to come.
  19. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Welcome, little Pippin. May you have a long and happy life with your person.
  20. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Aww, congrats on your kitty and his new name. Sending virtual squeezes, as, well, we are online after all and I'm allergic anyhow!