Mystery Bugs

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Civic, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Civic

Civic New Member

I need help identifying some bugs that turned up in my mother's kitchen sink yesterday afternoon. As far as we can tell they crawled up from the drain hole.:scream: They look a little like slender black seeds with transparent wings. Despite the wings, they weren't flying about. In fact, most of them were very sluggish and didn't bother to crawl out of the sink.

I used the spray hose to blast them back down the drain then blasted water directly into the drain just in case any of them were still lurking inside it. 24 hours later none of them have reappeared, which is a relief. My mother wants to spray Raid inside the drain hole but I'm not sure this is a good idea since this is the sink she uses to wash produce and dishes in. Needless to say, my mother is freaking out about this. She hates having bugs in the house. She's also worried that something may be wrong with the house's plumbing if bugs can get inside her kitchen sink drain. This is the only place she's seen these creepy crawlies.

2. Cupid

Cupid Well-Known Member