My Facebook Disabled?!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by kylet3, May 26, 2011.

1. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Ack!

I got home tonight and found my account was totally disabled! I'm not sure why... but I tried to contact them and to no avail, can anyone tell me how to contact facebook to get it back? This is hugely important!

Thanks,

Kyle

2. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

Is it set up as a GROUP Page - group pages will be archieved in the coming days and need to be set up again. I am not sure what or how.

3. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

No it's my personal facebook page, I got a couple of time outs for adding people who rejected me but that was a while ago and I haven't added anyone since. I don't know what's going on, it was just disabled. I contacted the if the people to say my account was disabled by mistake. They said I SHOULD get a response but that's not guranteed. I said my account disabling was a mistake, I have no idea who else to get it back. So imperative that i get it back :(

4. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

If or when you get your account back on line, I suggest you use some of the new security features to have your account notify you when it is logged on from an unfamiliar computer. It gives you an email alert if you set it up that way.
    Do you leave yourself logged in all the time? That is another thing I would get into the habit of - logging out each and every time you use facebook.

5. meggonzo

meggonzo Well-Known Member

how do you add people that rejected you? and why?

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  6. nerdycool

nerdycool Well-Known Member

If you use FB game apps, sometimes you add other unknown people who also play that game. And in the friend request page, there's a link you can hit that says something like "I don't know this person", which is essentially reporting a spammer. Another reason why an account is disabled is if you have more than one account. If you do, it goes against the terms of service.

(I'm not saying this is why your account is disabled though. I have no idea, but am just throwing some reason out there)