My cancer situation

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Spazactaz, Aug 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

(((Jesse))) I am so sorry you are suffering so much because of an insufficiently staffed hospital, and an uncaring nurse. It's insane to leave a bed ridden cancer patient without a quick response. I hope things improve for you.

I think you wrote in one of your earlier posts that you were almost done with the radiation treatments (I heard they are very difficult). I hope it means you never have to go back to that hospital again.

I am wondering -how often do you get to see the doctors? Next time you see them, please let them know what your have had to endure. I am so sorry to hear you are suffering and not receiving the care you need. Things are bound to improve soon.

Is Friday your day to move closer to home? I really hope so. In the meantime please try to get as much rest as you can. I hope you can get some undisturbed sleep also. We are all thinking of you and sending you good vibes.

2. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Thank you for explaining. I thought it might be something like that, but did not want to assume.

Jesse, again, I am so sorry for your poor treatment. It is inexcusable on the part of the nurses and on the part of the hospital to put the nurses in a situation where someone as ill as you are would be ignored. You do need to tell your case worker. Hopefully, today will go better and tomorrow you are out of there. More XOXOs.

3. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

Jesse, Perhaps you can try to talk to someone during the day about the miserable night shift so there is not a repeat of last night? Thank heavens you are leaving this badly managed hospital! I hope you finally managed to get some decent sleep. Do you or will you have plenty of music?

May your last afternoon and evening in Heartbreak Hospital go swiftly and peacefully.

4. cruisin

I just wanted to mention that it is not unusual for care to be a little less attentive in big city hospitals. When my Mom had her aortic stent put in, she was in a huge city hospital. She got good care, but not what she would have gotten in a smaller less factory like hospital. We had no choice but to take her there, however, as they were the only hospital where thoracic stents were done through the groin.

Not saying that the nurses are not generally as caring and competent in city hospitals, but insufficient staffing can be a problem.

5. BYTCH

BYTCH Celebrating Prancer's Specialness

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Spaz}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

:wall: miserable f*cking nurses

Jesse, will your address change when you move?

6. Moto Guzzi

Moto Guzzi Well-Known Member

Jesse, I wish I lived close enough to go grab a nurse or two and frog march them in to help you. It's really sad that you can't get relief when you need it. I hope today is a good day for you and tomorrow an even better one. A big hug to you.

7. pat c

pat c Well-Known Member

Do you have anyone who can become your advocate? And by that I mean a nag. Someone who will run those people ragged. Complain for you, hound them, make them do what they're supposed to. Don't be scared to do it, that's how you get results in these situations. I feel your frustration, I've seen it myself and had to do the nagging for friends/family. No one likes doing it, but dayum........

8. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

Deleted post

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  9. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

His address in Fort Macleod will stay the same...that's his home address.

BYTCH and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Spazactaz

Spazactaz New Member

I see the doctors pretty much everyday. I didn't really say anything to them about it though. Unfortunately I got stuck with that same horrible nurse as I had last night again right now... hopefully tonight goes better. I am going to ask her why she never returned in one minute like she promised last night.. and just left me stranded.

Ambulance is apparently booked at 10am to transfer me tomorrow! And yes the address will be the same.. I'll actually be in my home town. :) The only thing that sucks is I'll probably have way less visitors there.. most of my friends are actually here in Calgary haha. But family will be there which will be easier/nicer for them!

11. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Great news that you'll be busting out of there tomorrow. :cheer2: I hope tonight will be easier for you and that your transfer will go smoothly. :)

12. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

It will be nice to be back in your home town, Jesse -- your care will be much better because they'll know who you are, and it's a smaller hospital. It sucks that you've had some crappy care at the Foothills; you're not the first person I've heard say that.

I hope you have a smooth ride home tomorrow! {{{{{hugs}}}}

13. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

I would really like to hear the nurse's answer to your question. :rolleyes:

Wishing you proper care, pain relief and sweet dreams tonight -- if necessary count these guys :sheep: -- and a smooth trip home tomorrow.

14. shutterbug

shutterbug Well-Known Member

(((Spaz)))……you shouldn’t have to deal with this kind of garbage on top of everything you’ve already been through. Seriously, hospitals are no place for sick people, or so it seems. Praying that things will be better for you after the move. Please keep us posted if you can.

15. fscric

fscric Active Member

Hope you will have a better night tonight and a smooth transfer back to your hometown.

16. OliviaPug

OliviaPug Well-Known Member

Sending peaceful, restful thoughts for tonight and a nice, smooth ride tomorrow :)

O-

17. CantALoop

CantALoop Well-Known Member

Aw Jesse/Spazactaz, it's amazing how you still manage to keep a positive and lighthearted tone when you post on here despite the ordeal you're going through.

You're an inspiration on and off the ice, just wanted to say that. :cheer:

18. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

Very best wishes to you, Jesse, and please remember that we are always here for you. Being in a huge hospital can be a very bad experience. I hope you'll feel more comfortable and more comforted in your home town.

19. cruisin

Good morning Jesse. Well, today you're out of there and on your way back, closer to home. I hope the transport goes well and that, soon, you are comfortably tucked into a bed with the meds you need and a staff that can adequately take care of your needs. XOXOXOXO!

20. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

Good morning Jesse. Wish you a smooth ride to the other hospital and better days ahead.

21. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Wishing you a comfortable trip!

22. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Jesse, here's hoping that the trip isn't too stressful and that you are soon "settled in" as comfortably as possible.

23. Spazactaz

Spazactaz New Member

Thanks all! It'll be my first ambulance trip so I have no idea what to expect. Physio was supposed to be here ages ago for my last appointment with them... I don't know if they'll show up. Otherwise... about an hour and I should be gone! :)

They tried to do my blood work again at 3am last night and I refused. Sooooooo annoying! Then got in trouble this morning lol.

halffull and (deleted member) like this.
  24. cruisin

What can they do? Make you leave? :) That's already a done deal!

25. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

I hope everything goes well for you with your move, you're in my thought's!

26. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

Hope you get settled soon, Jesse. Safe travels...

27. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I hope the level of care and attention you receive will improve markedly at your local hospital.

28. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I don't know whether the nurses were truly doing their best and were just in a horribly understaffed situation, or if they were just not being diligent, but in either event, I'm sorry you were in that situation and glad you're being transferred somewhere closer to home. Even if they were understaffed, little things like telling you when they were moving you (after you asked), could make such a difference and wouldn't take any more time. Wonderful nurses are truly a blessing and I'm sorry you had a bad experience.

Safe travels and good thoughts, Jesse.

29. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Safe journey and thanks for taking the time and effort to keep us updated. Best of luck for a complete recovery.

30. Jem X

Jem X Awaiting Skate America

Jesse, you should probably be back in your hometown by now. Hope your move went well. Here's hoping you have caring and compassionate medical professionals at your new hospital, and that you're able to settle in comfortably. Hope we hear from you soon.

Vash01 and (deleted member) like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.