My cancer situation

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Spazactaz, Aug 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jem X

Jem X Awaiting Skate America

((Jesse)), I am sending you hugs and prayers. I too hope that tomorrow is a better day, and that the doctors can find some combination of meds and possibly alternative treatments that can help you with the pain. Hugs to Porki, too.

2. Spazactaz

Spazactaz New Member

I'm currently at the Foothills hospital in Calgary.
    They looked in to a place for my parents to stay but the cheapest option was $40/night.. so I think they'll just continue driving in, and hopefully I won't be in here too long.
    There should be more skating vids on both of the channels that were posted. :) Not really a whole lot.. but a few from when I skated for Disney and such.
    I live in a super small town so our mail just goes to the post office and we pick it up so I'm not sure about a flower delivery... but my actual house address instead of the box # is 231 Lyndon Road.
    Really - I think she has the wrong person? I have never skated there or at that competition haha.

They upped all my meds today.. taking sooooo many pills. I didn't really move out of bed at all after my treatment so I'm not sure how they're working yet.. pain is with movement mostly but I guess we'll see when I lower my bed tonight! :S

And thanks again for all your support! <3

3. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

Hopefully you will find that the treatment is working for you!

4. millyskate

millyskate Well-Known Member

Jesse, you're a wonderful skater. It was great to watch the videos! Hope you're having a good day.

5. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Jesse, your skating is amaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!

6. twinsissv

twinsissv Well-Known Member

Spazactaz, I came across these words recently and somehow they seem to be appropriate to most of life's challenges.
    "Sometimes you have to take a step backward in order to move forward."
    Please try to keep this sentiment in mind throughout each of your personal difficulties. Hopefully, it will help to strengthen you.
    Take heart. :saint:

7. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

Jesse, I'm sorry to bug you, but do you wants cards and stuff sent to your home address or to the hospital? I really hope something will work to relieve your pain soon...

8. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Jesse, please try to remember that sometimes the doctors can only guess at prognosis. A friend of my parents was diagnosed with Hodgekins (I don't remember what form), in her 30s. They gave her 6 months to a year. I have lost touch with her, but I know that she was still alive when my Dad passed 5 years ago. She would have been in her 80s. Sometimes they're wrong. Let's pray they are now. I hope you don't mind that we multi post. Just want to remind you that we are thinking of you and hoping for you to get better.

9. aussieSKATES

aussieSKATES Member

Dear Jesse,

From the team at aussieSKATES, you are in our thoughts.

aussieSKATES
    Melbourne, Australia

Vash01 and (deleted member) like this.
  10. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

(((((Jesse)))))
    Adding to all the support you are getting.

I hope that the new medications will ease your pain.

11. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Spaz ((((Jesse)))), just saw your youtube channel. You are a marvelous skater! Sending more positive thoughts and hugs your way. Hoping and praying that the treatments are working. Much love! <3

spikydurian and (deleted member) like this.
  12. sevenall

sevenall New Member

Dear Jesse, I'm only a stranger (and a FSU long-time lurker), but wanted to tell you how sorry I am to hear this news. There are no words at times like these, but please know that I'm thinking of you and sending you my best hopes and wishes.

Also, thank you for posting the videos - your skating is beautiful.

13. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

I remember seeing vids from you back when you were doing the higher-level dances (and I thought, "what? he wants to learn and pass those in like 3 weeks? he's crazy!" :) But I seem to remember you succeeded?), and the occasional quad or two. I hope that those memories give you some smiles. Along with everyone else, wishing wellness for you and praying for pain meds that WORK.

14. Spazactaz

Spazactaz New Member

Thanks for all the comments, plus on my skating.. I miss it sooooooooooo much!!
    As for cards being sent.. to my house is fine. Hopefully I won't be in the hospital too long.. or if I am my parents will bring to me. :)

jamesy and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

(((Jesse))) Thanks for those videos. I loved your skating. I hope that some day you can go back to skating.

First of all, I hope your pain lessens and the treatments work for you. Are you trying any experimental drugs?

This may sound crazy but just the other night on CNN I watched the documentary by Dr. Sanjay Gupta. He said that some medical researchers believe that a certain kind of Marijuana can kill cancer cells. They are using it in Israel.

The other thing I came across was Essiac tea. I had read about it years ago. I don't know if it really works, but it cannot harm.

What about mental imaging for a healthy body?

Just wanted to pass along those ideas to you.

Get well, and don't stop believing as one of your skating videos expressed.

16. tarotx

tarotx Well-Known Member

Still thinking about you and sending prayers up and as much positive energy as I can toward you.

17. Gazpacho

Gazpacho Well-Known Member

So the address you posted above (the one with the box number) is okay for flowers too?

18. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

Jesse, I'm praying for you.

19. fscric

fscric Active Member

Spazactaz, I am more a lurker here so we don't know each other, but I am joining the others in sending good wishes to you, hope the medicines and treatments work and you will be released from the hospital soon.

20. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

Flowers won't get delivered to a post office box, but Jesse did give his street address in the above quoted post (emphasis mine). It's in Fort Macleod, Alberta.

Kasey and (deleted member) like this.
  21. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

What is the zip code for Macleod, Alberta?

TygerLily and (deleted member) like this.
  22. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

From a couple of pages back: T0L 0Z0

23. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

It's *Fort* Macleod...

24. Spazactaz

Spazactaz New Member

Jesse Smith
    Box 2145
    231 Lyndon Road
    Fort Macleod, AB
    T0L 0Z0
    Canada

might be safest? haha.

Not on any experimental drugs.. they said they'd let me know if any come up.
    Have heard great things about marijuana also! It's so overwhelming all of the things that are said to cure cancer or shrink tumors etc.. I don't even really know where to start.. all the alternative therapies suggested etc is just like ahhhhhhhh what do I do?! I can't handle making any decisions right now it just stresses me out so badly lol.

Had the day off today, so that might be why my pain was better.. had some great visitors as well. Back to the radiation treatments and physio tomorrow... hopefully it's not too excruciating!

25. halffull

halffull Life is beautiful!

So nice to ready the pain was better and you had some nice visitors. Sorry the decisions you need to make are overwhelming. I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through, so I will continue to send positive thoughts your way. Oh and I think I'll go back and watch your great skating videos again :) Wishing you a good day today!!!

26. CynicElle

CynicElle Well-Known Member

Late to this thread, but you're in my thoughts and I'm hoping for the best for you!

27. skatesindreams

((((Jesse))))
    You are "always on my mind".

28. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Good morning Spazactaz, I hope this is a good day for you. I hope all of the collective good wishes are lifting your spirits. I know this is a very confusing time for you. So many theories and options to think about - traditional treatments, experimental treatments, holistic treatments. And I know you feel overwhelmed :(. Maybe you can focus better when a loved one is there, you should start on a course of treatment. And, you don't have to stick with just one, you can overlap.

Sending energy, hugs, and prayers that every day gets better.

29. skatesindreams

^^^
    Seconding this advice.

eta: Whatever is decided, make sure that YOU are comfortable with the course ahead.

Empowered patients respond better.
    The mind and body do work together,

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  30. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

It is overwhelming the suggestions that come out of the woodwork. I found that ignoring anything not suggested by my doctor or the oncology nurses was the easiest way to sort through everything and pretty much the only way to keep my sanity, lol. Oncology nurses are a treasure trove of practical information, IME. I hope you get a reprieve from the pain soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.