My cancer situation

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Spazactaz, Aug 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Why is he not contacting other doctors that have specialized experience?

Jesse, I didn't mean to upset you. I hope today is a better day for you. Hugs.

2. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Lots of hugs, Jesse!

3. LadyNit

LadyNit moving right along Staff Member

Love you Jesse. You are giving everything you've got to this battle and we are here with you. You are in my thoughts so often. And my hope is that you find peace, comfort, and love today, tomorrow, and forever. (((Jesse)))

4. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

I don't understand that they will not do a scan, because if it is cancer there are no treatment options. That's unacceptable! what if it's not cancer in your lungs? what if it is something they can treat? How can they know without a scan? Someone needs to scream at someone for you!

I am so sorry you are going through this. I think about you daily and pray that some miracle will happen for you. All we can do is let yo know that we honestly do care and that we want you to get better. I hope that all of our collective love and prayers bring you some comfort.

5. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

You spoke for me, also, LadyNit.

6. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Jesse, can you get another doctor? Does your family have the means or time to try and find someone else? If he has admitted that he knows nothing about your cancer then I would want to find someone who does or who at least is willing to dive in and learn all they can about it and possible treatments. Maybe he is doing this but your post does not sound encouraging. I am so sorry you are going through this but I check this thread all the time with hopes you are feeling better and having a good day.

Vash01 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

I keep waking up in the small hours, which I rarely do, and feeling prompted to pray for you, Jesse. God must want to be sure you're being prayed for at all times. :)

8. brina

brina Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of you and praying for you, Jesse. I hope you rest well tonight.

9. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

Jesse, I hope today brought some relief from your terrible cough, shortness of breath, and other pain.

In spite of everything you are going through, I don't think you have posted yet without an "lol" or "haha." That is pretty amazing. I am sure you are not amused but it is as if you are trying to prevent us from worrying. You are so sweet.

Rest well, Jesse dear.

10. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

Jesse,

Wish you a restful night and peaceful sleep. Hugs.

11. Spazactaz

Spazactaz New Member

I know he has talked to my oncologist a few times. But I don't know how much.

Today was soooooooooooooooo bad. Something stuck in my throat again so I was gagging and coughing for hours with the nurse on one side and my dad on the other and me crying and screaming and everyone yelling at each other lol it was so bad and I was like throwing up except nothing was coming out because I haven't eaten in like 3 weeks so I was like going into convulsions ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. The entire day I just felt so horrible too. I slept most of it, and will try to sleep more now.. seems that's all I do, except for this half hour I get on the computer.

Really, Andora, falling_dance and 3 others like this.
  12. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

Oh Jesse. :( ((HUGS))

13. fenway2

fenway2 Well-Known Member

Dear Jesse, this is my first post to you but I have followed this thread for some time. I hope tomorrow is a much better day.

14. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

((((Jesse)))) You are always in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you have a better day today.

15. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Thanks Spaz for posting whenever you can. I look forward to hearing from you everyday. I check this thread everyday though I may not post everyday. Big hugs... XXXXX

16. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

Jesse, we are all thinking of you and hoping you can get some sleep and relief from the pain. (((Jesse)))

17. Citlali

Citlali Well-Known Member

Jesse, I hope today is better than yesterday, you are in my thoughts. Hugs

18. fscric

fscric Active Member

{{{{{ Jesse }}}}} Hope today is a better day.

19. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Jesse - I'm so sorry you had such a wretched day yesterday, but hope that today will be a bit better and that you will be able to catch a few performances from Skate America on youtube. There are links in the SKAM thread. ((((((hugs))))))

20. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

I am hoping today is a better day for you.

21. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

(((Jesse))), yesterday sounds hellish. I am so sorry. I know you are having trouble eating, but are they getting nutrients into you some other way? Are they providing this:

Hyperalimentation

Alternate Names

total parental nutrition
    TPN
    central hyperalimentation
    parental hyperalimentation
    Definition

Hyperalimentation is a procedure in which nutrients and vitamins are given to a person in liquid form through a vein. It is only given to someone who cannot get nutrients through the intestinal tract.

Hyperalimentation is used for people with health problems that prevent them from absorbing enough nutrients through their intestines. It is also used when a person is severely malnourished and cannot take in food by mouth.

A central line is a special intravenous or IV line that is inserted through the chest and threaded into one of the large veins that lie close to the heart. A central line must be used for this procedure because the solution is highly concentrated and would burn the tissues if it leaked out of an IV site, such as in the arm.
    The hyperalimentation solution is tailored to the needs of the individual, and contains:
    glucose, or sugar
    amino acids, the digested form of proteins
    electrolytes, such as potassium and sodium
    vitamins
    fat emulsion

I know it is awful, but have they suggested a naso-gastric tube?

You have to get something in your system to fight this. XOXO

22. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

That sounds awful, Jesse. So sorry. :( Hoping and praying today will be better.

23. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

((((Jesse))))

24. skatemomaz

skatemomaz 4 More Years

(((Jesse)))

25. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Jesse, just thinking about you today and sending (((Hugs))) your way. <3

26. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

Jesse -- hoping today is much, much better for you. Are there hospice services in Canada? My dad had a cancer that severely affected his swallowing (even saliva) and the hospice doctors were much more effective than the hospital was at making him comfortable and avoiding choking-related problems. They also gave him large doses of anti-anxiety medication, which was also a big help.

27. Ice Queen

Ice Queen New Member

(((((Jesse))))) I am sorry for all that you are going thru. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

28. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

(((Jesse!))) :wuzrobbed

God send your carers wisdom to take care of you better! and to you and your family, a host of angels to watch over you!

29. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

(((Jesse))) I hope today is a good day for you. Thank you for taking the time to post here, in spite of all the difficulties you are having. We are here for you, always.

30. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

Cancer sucks! :(

Here's wishing you less pain and more love today and every day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.