My cancer situation

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Spazactaz, Aug 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Jesse, so glad your breathing is better today. Hoping your day goes well. <3
  2. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Hope that today is a restful, comfortable day. You are in my thoughts. XOXO
  3. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

Hi Jesse, How is the breathing today?

Do you have any special plans for Halloween? I bought the most ginormous amount of candy. The kids in our neighborhood are going to be very happy. Is your town safe enough for kids to go trick or treating by themselves? Here the moms are always hovering in the background, even though it's really very safe. IDK, maybe the evil spirits are out that night.
    :violin::angryfire:puppet:
  4. OliviaPug

OliviaPug Well-Known Member

Hugs and happy thoughts to you, Jesse (((((( Jesse ))))))

O-
  5. cruisin

I bought a ton of candy too. We get a lot of kids from other neighborhoods coming here. I try to get rid of as much as possible. If it looks like I will have a lot left over, I tell the kids to take as much as they want! If I don't get rid of it, my husband will eat it and he should not have the sugar.
  6. Spazactaz

Spazactaz New Member

The breathing is worse again today.. have had quite a few really bad coughing attacks.
    No plans for halloween really.. my friend wants to come over and decorate and idk what else she has planned but I would really rather just do nothing at all! So hopefully it doesn't happen. yeah our town is fine for trick or treating.
  7. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Ugh, that sounds awful, Jesse. :( Praying for a peaceful night.
  8. KCC

KCC Active Member

If you are not up for "playing Halloween", then just remember the good times you had with friends over the years. Takes less energy and still good for the soul. Hope your breathing improves and you have a good night.
  9. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

Wishing you a restful night, and peaceful sleep, Jesse. Hugs.
  10. Spun Silver

(((Jesse))) May that oxygen flow into every cell of your body. Sleep well tonight.
  11. iloveemoticons

iloveemoticons Well-Known Member

Could it be pneumonia again? Not eating or sleeping well and inactivity could make you more vulnerable to getting it again. Anyway definitely tell your doctors about all your symptoms and how bad you're feeling. Hope you feel better soon.
  12. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Rest well, Jesse!
  13. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Take care Jesse and my thoughts and prayers are as always with you.
  14. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Jesse - maybe for Halloween you could dress up as a really cool guy. No costume required. ;) I myself will be dimming my lights and pretending I'm not home. :slinkaway
    pollyanna, Louis, LadyNit and 7 others like this.
  15. halffull

halffull Loving my peaceful world!!

^ love your idea BittyBug. :)
  16. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Have you tried listening to music and focusing on breathing to the rhythm? You're musical, so it might help you relax and while it might not cure the cough, it might make it easier.
  17. yfbg722

yfbg722 Active Member

So sorry you had another bad night Jesse. I hate coughing. Sometimes sleeping propped up slightly helps. One winter I had a wicked cough that wouldn't go away and spent most my nights sleeping in an Lazy Boy chair. I remember you saying you had one at home. Not sure if you're still at home but if so maybe give that a try?

Halloween is my favourite holiday, mostly because it involves chocolate and I don't have to cook a big feast. I hope you find some enjoyment out of it. It's nice your friend wants to try and make it festive for you. Maybe try to coax yourself to have some Lindt in celebration. :)
  18. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

Good morning Jesse. I hope you are feeling better. Have a restful day. Hugs.
  19. Spazactaz

Spazactaz New Member

Haven't tried breathing to the rhythm of music.. might have to give it a shot.
    Yeah I bought a brand new lazyboy right before I got super sick, haven't got to sit in it since getting this hospital bed put in our living room though. I do usually try to sleep with my head elevated a bit.
    Last night was the worst so far. The coughing and agony went on for several hours.. I just couldn't get any air and felt like absolute death in general again. Tasks like flossing my teeth are getting so difficult... I can't make it all the way through without feeling I need to throw on my oxygen mask.. so frustrating!
  20. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

(((Jesse)))
  21. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

(((Jesse))) So very sorry you're having such a tough time - continual coughing is just exhausting especially when you need to sleep *hugs*
  22. Spun Silver

(((Oh Jesse.))) Just another voice chiming in on the importance of head elevation. i used to get horrific coughs every winter and could only stop coughing if I used extra pillows, more than I normally ever would.
  23. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

I've had a bronchial condition my entire life and coughing is a part of that. I've discovered that making a tea out of turmeric and hot water suppresses the cough.

It doesn't taste like much--kind of like powdery hot water--but it's helped me tremendously.
  24. watchthis!!

watchthis!! Active Member

Sending as many good vibes as I've got your way, Jesse!! :)
  25. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

I'm so very sorry that you're struggling so, Jesse. I used to get bronchitis a lot as a child and can remember how awful those coughing fits were, so I hope you're able to find a cough suppressant that helps, whether it's skateboy's "tea," honey, a cough syrup with codeine or something else entirely. I used to bank my bed so that my upper torso was at about a 45 degree angle and that seemed to help - maybe something to try? ((((((hugs))))))
  26. cruisin

Aww, Jesse, I'm so sorry :(. I wish this would get better for you, I know we all do. You must be so exhausted, physically and emotionally. I hope that you can feel all of the love we are all sending to you. XOXO
  27. iloveemoticons

iloveemoticons Well-Known Member

So sorry you're going through this. It seems like you're still at home? If your doctor isn't available to see you right away or whatever, go to the ER/call 911 if you have to. If you have pneumonia or something else acute going on, getting timely treatment is important, and could help you feel better. *hugs*
  28. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

(((((((Jesse))))))))
  29. Spun Silver

How much turmeric to a cup of water? I may try this next time I get that sinusitis cough.
  30. Spun Silver

On a different note: Jesse, do you think you could link that little clip of you doing a 3 lutz-3 toe to your Spazactaz youtube channel? I know it was under some name with "dude" in it, but I could not find it again. Any other of your "dude" vids too. Anything else floating around? It would be great to have everything in one place.
  31. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

The urban myth of coating the soles of your feet with Vicks vapor-rub and then putting socks on can also help a cough. I have chronic sinusitis that gets really nasty every fall/winter and it does help me some.
  32. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

((((Jesse))))
    Sending more thoughts and support to you.
  33. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Sending many (((((((hugs)))))) (that are nevertheless not too squeezy so as not to exacerbate the pain and breathing difficulties)
  34. Spazactaz

Spazactaz New Member

I think the account was xskaterdude.. idk, for some reason I seem to have so many. I originally only wanted piano videos on my main channel.. but there's still a lot I don't want on there haha.

I'm really thinking it's just taking any pills that always makes me feel like absolute death. I just took my mid-day set, which is only 3.... and now the past hour I've been gasping for air and just feel absolutely horrible again. I HAAAAAAAAATE taking this stuff and it puts me in so much panic/anxiety that just sets me off or something. :(
  35. RFOS

RFOS Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. :( I hope the discomfort subsides or at least lessens soon.
  36. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

{{{{Jesse}}}}
  37. Spun Silver

38. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

You should talk to your doctor about that.

Panic attacks can make even healthy people feel like they can't breathe. Given all the health issues you are dealing with, I would think minimizing the potential for panic attacks would be a key priority.
  39. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Spaz, you are an elegant skater!

Yes, spun silver's suggestion sounds great. Can it be done? Maybe the nurse can help you?

Take care.
  40. cruisin

I was going to say the same thing. I get panic attacks. And when I do, I can't get enough air. Combine the panic with your actual physical lung problems, and you have a really awful situation. (((Jesse))). I wish there was something I/we could say to help you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.