My cancer situation

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Spazactaz, Aug 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

I second those sentiments, Jesse, but like you, I'll be watching on TV. I hope you can get some sleep!

2. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Jesse, I am so sorry that you won't get to go to SC. I do believe that you have made the right decision, but, it is a sorrowful one. I wish there was something I could say that would make things better. It breaks my heart that you are suffering so. I sincerely hope that you have someone acting as your advocate. I do not question your ability to make decisions. However, hospitals being what they are, you need someone to fight for you. I really hope you reconsider your decision to forgo antibiotics. Doctors do not prescribe them nonchalantly. Ask about different ways of administration, but please think about taking them. I don't know what else to say, but I will pray for you.

BittyBug and (deleted member) like this.
  3. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

Jesse -I am sorry you won't be able to go to Skate Canada. Huge bummer.

As far as pills and treatments. My vote (not that I have one) is you should do exactly what you want! I hope things get easier for you, and that the bad parts go quickly.

4. Spazactaz

Spazactaz New Member

I will be able to cancel the hotel... but will I be out of all that money for the plane flights and event tickets?

I just don't understand why I even need the antibiotics. Perhaps I'll discuss it with the doctor next time I see him though.. who knows when that will be.

5. backspin

backspin Active Member

I would venture that the airlines might work with you because you have a medical reason for not going. Could you sell the event tickets on ebay maybe? Is there someone there who would be willing to make some calls on your behalf to the airline?

Even when you're in the hospital, you still don't see your doctor? Any doctor? You have the right to be able to ask questions & get answers. Tell someone you want to see him, it would be pretty appalling if he doesn't come!

6. Spazactaz

Spazactaz New Member

My mom's going to call both places tomorrow and see.

He works in the clinic and has his own appts and such... so he only comes to see me if he has a lot of free time.

7. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Jesse,

Although it's very disappointing, I believe this is the right decision (about SC) at this time. You can focus on getting better right now, enjoy watching SC on TV, and become more comfortable where you are. I hope you can see the doctor and get all your questions answered. I am sure the airlines will work with you because of the medical situation. They may ask for a doctor's certificate. Not sure how they do it now, since we are buying tickets on the internet these days.

8. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Jesse, you can ask the nurses to call him to come see you. You have rights. In fact, they should be printed and accessible to you as a patient.

9. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

(((((((Jesse)))))))) take care and sorry you can't sleep.

10. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Jesse, when was the last time you saw a doctor? This is unacceptable!

Vash01 and (deleted member) like this.
  11. pat c

pat c Well-Known Member

No, you should be able to get your plane flight tix refunded somehow. I know when I was supposed to go to SC in 2008 and couldn't make it, the airline was very accommodating.
    And skating tix? did you post them on the tix for sale here?

Hang in there, I hope you have a pain free day.

12. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Definitely talk tot he airlines and event folks (if you can't find a ticket buyer. Heck, ask on here!) The Stratford Festival in Ontario technically doesn't refund tickets, but when my brother explained my parents would be unable to attend because my father was in the hospital following open-heart surgery, they took the tickets back and issued vouchers good for any show for the entire following season. And when my mom had to fly to DC at the last minute when I was hospitalized, all she had to do was provide the carrier with proof after the fact I was hospitalized and they refunded most of the (steep) walk-up fare. Most places are pretty darn reasonable about accommodating medial emergencies.

13. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I know how much you wanted to attend Skate Canada, Jesse.
    I am so sorry!

14. backspin

backspin Active Member

Hi Jesse, I hope you had a comfortable day. Were you able to eat anything? Wishing you a good peaceful night, and praying for a RESTFUL night for you at last! (can't they give you something to let you sleep?)

15. Vash01

Jesse, wish you a restful night and deep sleep so you get up refreshed tomorrow morning.

16. Spazactaz

Spazactaz New Member

The airline couldn't refund... just offered some sort of Air Canada credit.
    The SC tix couldn't refund either.. and nothing could be done, they just said to contact Skate Canada or something.

Tried sleeping all day long until 7pm again today with no luck, ughhhhhhhhhh. Hopefully tonight.

17. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Praying for you to get some rest, Jesse.

18. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Hi Jesse, sorry you seem to be up for the night, but happy you did sleep, even if during the day! Thinking of you and sending my best wishes.

19. Vash01

Jesse,

Don't worry about the tickets/refunds, etc. Just get a nice sleep tonight. Hugs.

20. yfbg722

yfbg722 Active Member

Jesse if you purchased your tickets on a credit card, your credit card company may provide trip cancellation. Your mom may want to check with the credit card company next. As for your SC tickets, try listing them for sale places like Ebay, Kajiji or even on this board. Hopefully you'll find someone who would be happy to take them off your hands.

I hope you were able to get some sleep last night. It's so much harder to deal with things when you're tired.

21. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))) and mentally sending your body sleep vibes. Wishing I could do much more. It really, really stinks not to be able to sleep, and it just piles onto the other reasons to feel crummy. :(

22. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

I hope you were able to get some restful sleep last night, Jesse. And I'm sorry Skate Canada is off the table for you, but maybe you can hang out on FSU with the rest of us who aren't going and chime in on the play by play.

23. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

Jesse I'm sorry to hear you won't be able to travel to Skate Canada as I know how much you wanted to go, but I hope you'll enjoy watching on tv (or online as I'll be doing) with us here on FSU! Hope you managed to get some sleep! Thinking of you and sending good wishes your way xxx

24. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Hugs & kisses Jesse and wishing you a great long weekend. :cheer:

25. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

Jesse...I hope you have a good Thanksgiving weekend, that you're well enough to spend the weekend at home, and that your appetite allows you to enjoy some turkey dinner! {{{{{hugs}}}}

26. peibeck

peibeck Letting Poje be on top

Yes, I too hope you can enjoy Thanksgiving on Monday and have a good weekend too. Also hope you get some much needed sleep!!!

27. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Adding to all the thoughts and support already here, Jesse.

28. Vash01

Jesse, wishing you well, as always.

29. brina

brina Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of you today Jesse and hope you are feeling ok.

30. tarotx

tarotx Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say I was thinking about you. Sorry about your trip :( Sending positive thoughts your way. Praying for you sweetie :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.