My cancer situation

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Spazactaz, Aug 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yfbg722

yfbg722 Active Member

His answer was above victoriajh.

2. Spazactaz

Spazactaz New Member

I think a few people are already sending me some so I might not need any more haha. Thank you though!!

3. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

Nonsense! One always needs more Lindt Lindor chocolate balls! :cheer:

4. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

One can never have too much chocolate!

5. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

Especially when one has company to entertain!

6. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

I think you are going to have sugar overload soon! Remember to brush your teeth.:D

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  7. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I love the 60% Dark and the Straciatella (and I am not a white chocolate person).

8. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

I have never even seen the Straciatella. I am going to look for it.

9. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Good morning to you Spaz and hope you have a pain free day!

10. backspin

backspin Active Member

Hi Jesse, I hope your day is going well! I'm working on a website for a customer today, updating info & adding photos. Later I'm going out for pizza. Are you still able to eat pretty much what you want? Perhaps a pizza party would be a fun time/get together with friends/family?

11. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Jesse, are you able to have massages? That might be very therapeutic for you. Hope today is a good day. Thinking of you, even when I'm not writing. XOXO

12. Vash01

Stupid question here: What does XOXO mean?

13. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Hugs and kisses.

Hope you're having a great day Jesse!

14. Spun Silver

Kiss, hug, repeat!

Hi Jesse, hope this is a good day.

15. 4rkidz

4rkidz plotting, planning and travelling

Hi Jesse, glad you had a nice time at home and things are settling at the hospital. You have excellent taste in chocolate..

Vash01 and (deleted member) like this.
  16. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I'm glad that you have so many friends to keep you supplied with chocolate!

17. Spazactaz

Spazactaz New Member

The radiation to my head/neck killed my salivary glands so it's verrrrrrrry hard to swallow a lot of foods.. but otherwise yes I can have what I want. Our 2 pizza options in this town are both disgusting but if we could order from the city that'd be fun! haha.

I could, yes.. but I've actually never had one in my entire life. We always got offered stuff like that on Disney but I just refused lol.. never wanted people touching my body I guess. But I actually have some massage bars from Lush, perhaps I'll ask my mom to give me one. Getting into a position to have one could be very difficult however.... plus the fact that I can only feel such a small portion of my body right now.. bah.

18. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

No decent pizza in the whole town?! Now that truly is torture! :lol:

19. cruisin

Buzz, there are many towns that only have Dominos, Little Caesar's, etc. In my opinion, vile. It is the small, family owned, brick oven pizzerias that are worth it. Sadly, we can't send Jesse real pizza. It would become rubbery.

20. cruisin

I'm not talking about spa massages. I am talking about a massage therapist. My BF is an RN with a license in massage therapy. She's in Kentucky, or I'd hook you up. But, there must be someone like her near you.

21. Spun Silver

Yes, someone who knows what they are doing is incomparably better than an amateur (although how do we know Jesse's mom is not a pro?). And there is plenty to massage in the head, neck, and shoulders where you do have feeling. You mentioned aches from sleeping in one position all night -- massage can help with that. Ahhhhhh... prepare for a treat!

22. Spazactaz

Spazactaz New Member

I would love to have Dominos or Little Caesars!! I think those are my 2 favs actually. We have no chain pizza places. All we have in the entire town for chains are A&W and Subway, and just finally got a Tim Hortons. :p

No idea if there's a massage therapist here.. still scares me though. Mom sounds much preferable. :p

23. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the updates, Jesse. You're an inspiration and you're doing great.

I'm just getting back on a diet and now I want pizza and A&W, lol! But I will stay strong... :p

24. Vash01

Jesse, I hope you are having a good day.

25. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Hi Spaz! Hope you are having a great day and yay for Timmy's! My fave treat is a Cinnamon roll from Cinnabon and I love their coffee the best! Have you ever tried either?

26. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Good grief, we've had a Tim Horton's longer than some place in Canada? I thought that was mandatory! And I like Dominoes and Little Caesar better than "brick oven." That just means cracker crusts and ash...our local pizza place is great, just ordinary pizza, been in business forever. Wish I were close enough to pick one up for you but I'm afraid it would be really cold by the time I got there.

27. cruisin

Ah, you must give brick oven another try. Done right, it's amazing! I'm not a fan of Dominoes or Little Caesars, don't like the sauce.

Jesse, I really recommend you look for a massage therapist. I never thought I would be comfortable having a massage. My kids gave me one for Mother's Day a few years ago. I was - Really? Why would you give me something that would make me feel so awkward? (didn't actually say that out loud, I accepted it gracefully :)). But, I went, didn't fully undress, and really liked it. And that was a spa massage. My friend does my neck when she visits me. She has magic fingers. All of the tension and stress melt away. At least, as much as it can for someone who is OCD. If the person doing the massage knows what they are doing, it can help alleviate pain, pressure points. And having your neck and shoulders manipulated could make you feel relaxed. Ask your doctor, maybe he can suggest someone. Just trying to come up with little ways to make you more comfortable.

I am assuming that your arms are still fully mobile. Are you doing any sort of Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy to keep them strong?

28. Spazactaz

Spazactaz New Member

I've tried the cinnamon rolls yes, they're good! Haven't had the coffee though.

My arms are still fully mobile. The physio people came once for about 5 mins at the hospital here, said they'd be back but never have been. In Calgary I was doing it everyday.. but it's been nearly a month now since doing it. So I haven't been doing anything to keep my strength up. I've been so lazy and had no energy... I really need to force myself to start doing stuff just with my parents maybe.

29. Vash01

Spaz, I have had massages and physical therapies. Both are very useful. For the therapeutic massage, you can get one for just the head, neck, shoulders. I am not an expert but I think it helps blood circulation in those areas. An expert will be able to tell you what he/she can do for you.

I would encourage you to do at least some of the physiotherapy exercises they had taught you in Calgary. I know it's hard when you are not getting much support. Would a daily reminder on fsu help? :)

30. cruisin

Yes, it would help with circulation and it will relax muscles that can knot up in the neck/shoulder area. Those areas are the most likely places that the body will retain stress. By massaging those areas, it can release stress throughout the body. It can be therapeutic physically and mentally.

Jesse, have your parents get you some 1 or 2 lb. weights. Or get some grip equipment. It will go a long way toward making you feel in control*, if you take on your own strengthening regimen.

* Control is a very important component in feeling better. Please trust me on that. When you feel totally out of control and fragile, taking back some control is so important.

Vash01 and (deleted member) like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.