My cancer situation

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Spazactaz, Aug 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

THIS!

2. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

EVERY skater should have basic musical training! It really does make a difference.

Just sending hugs to you, Jesse. We're all wishing things were easier for you. . . I think of you often and pray for wellness and peace. And my dogs would all snuggle with you (and Porki the Yorkie) if they could.

3. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

LilJen has said it all, really. I'm glad you feel better today and that your pain has eased. Hoping for the very best, Jesse; you are in all our thoughts. x

skateycat and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

I'm glad for you that today was a better day...I hope you keep having days like that!

5. skatesindreams

Both of them spoke for me, Jesse.

6. KCC

KCC Active Member

Prayers, good vibes, best wishes, "get well soon", happy thoughts, puppy kisses, friends & family, smiles, hugs, happy day!

7. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Good morning Jesse. Wish you a good day ahead.

8. Simone411

Simone411 Just Flip-Flopping Around

The same here. Jesse, hope this day is a very good one for you. Keeping you in my thoughts like the rest of us here at FSU. <3

9. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Wishing you a great pain free day Jesse!

10. Spazactaz

Spazactaz New Member

Thanks guys. :) Staying in the hospital today I think... the bed is just way more comfortable than the one they got me at home.
    Just had another lonnnnng meeting with the manager about the nurse abusing me.. apparently it will be dealt with very seriously which is great to hear. :)

Buzz and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Way to go Jesse! Glad to hear it and hopefully everything will be better from now on!

12. yfbg722

yfbg722 Active Member

So glad to hear you're comfortable and cozy today and feeling better about about the nurse situation Jesse! Hope it continues to be a good day for you! :)

13. Vash01

This is good news, Jesse. So glad to hear your day is going well.

14. skatesindreams

Sending more support, Jesse.
    Glad to hear that the situation is improving.

15. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

What a relief! I am so glad they are listening and addressing that awful behavior! :blah:

What do you do for music in the hospital, btw?

The seniors international season is starting in Salt Lake City tomorrow - do you plan to watch any of it? (I don't know if it's available in Canada.) I am a bit confused what with the different time zones, withdrawals, and the two different events, but I am looking forward to seeing Weaver/Poje, D/W, Gold, and a bunch of others. :cat:

Have a restful evening, Jesse!

16. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

I'm glad to hear the nurse thing is being dealt with by management. Good for you for speaking up about it! I hope you have a good night's rest!

17. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

Thinking of you today, Jesse, and hoping you have had a good day.

18. Spazactaz

Spazactaz New Member

I haven't listened to any music in a lonnnnnng time haha. But i have my iPod or laptop if I ever want to.

And hopefully I'll just catch youtube videos of the event as it goes.. I haven't really looked in to if it's on or there's a live stream I could get.

19. OliviaPug

OliviaPug Well-Known Member

Hi, Jesse :)

So glad to hear you made your point to the manager. I hope things just get better and better for you from here.

Sending (((( hugs ))))

O-

20. 4rkidz

4rkidz plotting, planning and travelling

Hi Jesse
    Hope you have a peaceful night and your pain is more manageable.. good for you speaking to the Manager, I found that helped in my hospital stay and also helps to chat and talk with the nice nurses.. unfortunately like any profession there are always a few bad apples. With the skating season just getting under way I hope that will become something you can focus on, especially being an Olympic year. Please don't stop venting though in here, for the most part I would hope this would be a safe place for you to share your feelings. Take care :p

21. Vash01

Good night Jesse. Sleep well.

22. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Good morning Jesse, hope yesterday was a good day for you. Hope your meetings with the manager resolved your problems. Here's to a good day today!

23. Gypsy

Gypsy Watching the Leaves Change!

Good Morning Jesse!

Had a chance to check out some of your YouTube Videos.

All I can say is WOW! You are a beautiful skater and great musician.

I hope today is a very good, pain free day!!!

24. skatesindreams

Thinking of you, Jesse!

25. quartz

quartz turn around turn around it's on the other side

Hello Jesse, thinking of you and hoping you have a good day and your pain is under control.

26. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

Hi Jesse - it's good to hear that management is taking control of the situation regarding your nursing care. Hope you have a good day today. Thinking of you :)

27. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Jesse-I don't know if it's like this in Canada, since our hospitals here are private companies, but in my dad's room (he's having open-heart surgery to replace a valve and do a stent tomorrow morning) there's a poster with a number to call if you or your family feel that you are not being listened to regarding symptoms or care or if you think that you're not being treated correctly/respectfully. Do they have something like that? You really ought to have someone who can argue your case for you so you don't have to put up with things like that nurse.

28. Spazactaz

Spazactaz New Member

There's nothing like that here.. but the manager has come to see me several times so it was dealt with that way which was good. And my mom was here with me and able to give a lot of input also which was nice.

Pain today is back a bit... I wonder if it's because I've been tapering down on my steroids. But I think I'd rather be in pain than be on the steroids... :S

29. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Glad to hear your situation is improving Spaz! I admire your courage and strenght Jesse. Get some rest and do you have tv in your room?

30. Vash01

Spaz, glad to hear things are better for you re: nurse situation. I am very happy that the manager is paying attention to your needs. It's great that your mom was there. Pain comes and goes. It sounds like it is bearable at the moment. Hopefully it will go away.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.