Musselman's Family Skating Tribute

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by Simone411, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Sunday, November 18th on NBC from 4-6 p.m. ET

Michael Weiss will be co-hosting the show and skating to his daughter, Annie Mae's live vocals singing, "Don't you Remember" by Adele.

Michael will also be commentating the Men's Free Skate at the Grand Prix of France from 2-4 p.m. ET on NBC.

Kasey and (deleted member) like this.
  2. moebius

moebius Well-Known Member

Great, 4 hrs of Michael Weiss.

3. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

^ Not sure how to take your comment (I do like Mike), but I'll add that Todd E. & family are supposed to be on NBC 'S Today Show tomorrow morning to do a promotional thing for the Family Skating Tribute Show. I don't know if it will be a live performance from Rock Center, or if it was taped in Phoenix, AZ.

4. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Thanks, paskatefan. I received that notice regarding the Family Skating Tribute Show in a newsletter from Michael. I've been receiving his newsletters around 4 years now. I happen to like Mike, also, and he's always responded to any questions I have regarding his shows.

I'm afraid I missed Todd and family on the Today Show this morning. I'm looking forward to seeing them during the Family Skating Tribute Show. Thanks for sharing that info. :)

5. lulu

lulu New Member

Thanks for the reminder, I haven't watched as much show skating as I did in the past, but I always enjoyed this show. :)

6. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

There've been some great pictures on Facebook. Looking forward to it!

Simone411 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. paskatefan

Simone, Todd & Family's appearance on the Today show is supposed to be on THIS morning 11/16/12 (hope you see this message in time).

8. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Random thoughts on Todd & family's appearance:

CUTE kids!

Mention of Paul Wylie, hurray! :cheer2:

:rofl: at "Musselman's Applesauce Tribute." It sounds like a show in honor of applesauce.

Sabrina moves really nicely on the ice. *Googles hastily* Oh, she's a former skater! No wonder!

Nice little clip, on the whole.

9. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

10. paskatefan

Thanks for the link! :encore:

11. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Shae-Lynn Bourne and Todd Eldredge are the new skating parents are debuting in this show.

Jewel is a new mom, too, Kristi Y. informs us.

Yup! :) Josef Sabovchik and penguins... who would've thunk? ;)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  12. Blondie12

Blondie12 New Member

Michael Weiss daughter does not sing very well. How old was he when he had here? He looks so young, I looked it I guess he is 35, but the daughter looks like she is about 15.

13. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

22 or 23? Married young like 1998

14. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

no but her hair looks great

15. Alixana

Alixana who is on vacation!!

I want to like Annie Mae Weiss' singing, I really do .. but :slinkaway:

16. Sylvia

I'm always glad to see Paul Wylie skate! Weird seeing him perform a light-hearted Kurt Browning-style program, though. :lol:

ETA: Wheeee, FAST scratch spin to end. Miss those!

17. my little pony

i think id rather hear annie mae sing again than watch non skating children skate

18. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

Feeling sorry for Nancy's oldest. :yikes:

19. Blondie12

Blondie12 New Member

It is striking to me how large the sponsors ads are for this event, that is why I guess they have this on instead of showing us REAL skating like the pairs and dancing from the Grand Prix. money talks I guess.

Plus it gives these skaters a chance to earn extra income. The skating on this show is pretty bad. Jewel is good singing but otherwise the rest of the singing is crap.

Plus who wants to see nancy kerrigan? I could see wanting to see Michelle Kwan with her children (which she does not have yet, but maybe soon!) but Nancy? Also I am not sure why Michael Weiss is so involved in all these shows. Anyone know why? Only a major FS fan would know who he is, he does not have the wide appeal of say a Scott Hamilton or even Evan. I doubt anyone would know who he is and he always is showing up at these shows.

20. my little pony

do they allow participation without procreation?

21. Sylvia

I would hope not! :p

ETA: Shae-Lynn gave birth to her first child (son) in mid-June - she looks great!

22. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

I thought Kerrigan's daughter was adorable and if I have to sit through the show's schtick "only parents are decent human beings" to see Shae-Lynn skate, I will :).

23. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Liza Kulik really looks like her father and Katia is even more beautiful. The young Russian girls should study her gliding across the ice.

24. Blondie12

Blondie12 New Member

It will be interesting to see what these shows do with Johny Weir, who I suppose might have kids some day with his partner. They probably will not want to include him. I would like to see him more than some of the people they have on! I think fans would prefer seeing more current skaters than ones from 20 years ago. And even top skaters, like ones who won Gold medals and medals at more recent world championships, like Kwan, Evan, Sasha Cohen, Sarah Hughes, Tara Lipinski. Younger skaters will probably skate better too. Who cares if they have kids, they should include others too.

tlk and (deleted member) like this.
  25. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Katia is still absolutely lovely to watch.

26. Sylvia

I could watch Kulik jump all day (beautiful 3Lz!) as well as Gordeeva stroke/glide effortlessly (impressed she's retained 2A at 40+!).

27. lulu

lulu New Member

I certainly hope that if Johnny and his husband choose to have children, their family would be invited to at least participate in these shows.

I'd love to see more professional skating, especially from more "current pros" but I'm a sucker for the family show.

28. Alixana

Alixana who is on vacation!!

She gets 20 in PCS from me. :)

29. lulu

lulu New Member

That she is! So is Ilia, he still has amazing command over the ice and jumping ability. I'd love to see them revisit their Di Bolero duet, or create another duet together for SOI or any other skating show. :)

30. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Agree. Ilia is wonderful and has maintained technical ability while also exploring his artistic side.

tlk and (deleted member) like this.