Music that should be skated to

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by coppertop1, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Kecasyl

Kecasyl Member

You're welcome! :) Yeah, I would love to see Gracie Gold or Kaetlyn Osmond us the Vanessa Mae piece.

2. coppertop1

coppertop1 Active Member

Oh, Kaetlyn totally has the style to do it, matches her personality! Grace could be do it, too, bring out her athleticism as well as expression! It would have to be a powerful skater or a skater with plenty of personality.

I honestly don't think I saw the SP of Shawn. It suits him so well.

Kecasyl likes this.
  3. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

Un Sospiro by Liszt (a song I discovered from a similar thread many years ago!)
    Bach Cantata 169 (I prefer the piano version to the more common harpsichord version)
    Anything else from The Feeling Begins soundtrack! (With this Love anyone?)
    The Walker soundtrack
    A couple of Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band standouts:
    Jungleland, especially a live version. This would be perfect for a dance or pairs team.
    New York City Serenade - such a beautiful song!

Honorable mention: There's a musician / band from Ferndale, MI named Deastro. He does a lot of dance/techno stuff, for lack of a better description. He has some instrumentals that would be gorgeous for skating, in particular a song called "A little peace with bombs and villains all around."

And yes, kecasyl! Another vote for Carlos Santana's Bella!!! It's on the Desparado soundtrack, which has a lot of really good music. Forever Night Shade Mary is another favorite off of that album.

Kecasyl likes this.
  4. coppertop1

coppertop1 Active Member

I love the variety. I'd love to see some skate to Wicked.

5. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

^ Nancy Kerrigan skated to "Defying Gravity" from Wicked (as a pro). We also saw a synchro team (from Newark, Delaware) skate to it (either just "Defying Gravity" or a medley of songs from Wicked).