Music Question - Stephanie Rosenthal 2006 FS

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by CarolineBingley, Sep 20, 2010.

1. CarolineBingley

CarolineBingley Active Member

This is still one of my all time favorite FS - great music, choreography, and a such a fantastic performance. I know the music is by Inti Illimani and was used in the Houston Ballets Ghost Dances by Christopher Bruce, but does anyone now which 3 specific Inti Illimani songs?

2. swissskate

swissskate Well-Known Member

3. AJ Skatefan

AJ Skatefan Well-Known Member

That music is on an album called Canto de Pueblos Andinos by Inti-Illimani

4. MrSatterwhite

MrSatterwhite Barely-Known Member

The 3 specific songs are:

Tema de la Quebrada de Humahuaca

Dolencias

Sicuriadas

:)

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  5. CarolineBingley

CarolineBingley Active Member

Thank you all so much!!!

6. Rock2

Rock2 Well-Known Member

ITA. I point to this program when people say that CoP has sucked all the originality out of skating. I think skaters are choosing to be conservative while in addition so many skaters are pushing their limits technically as a way of achieving points vs developing their performance and artistic skills. The complaints about CoP are a slight cop out in my mind...

I think Stephanie finished around 8th if memory serves even with only two triples; so the program must have helped!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMwXYdkSK4g&p=6B4085CCCADDD093&playnext=1&index=19

7. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

ITA. There were boring programs under 6.0 as well, let's not forget. There is room for creativity under any system.

I am still so inspired by her performances that year. Love love love her!

8. JerseySlore

JerseySlore Active Member

I fluv this program :swoon:
    I watch this on my itouch whenever I'm on treadmill for inspiration. By the time it reaches the footwork section, I have enough adrenalyn to run at maximum level. Serously everyone should try it!
    That said, I cannot imagine anyone pulling this program off with same abandon when it's packed with 3-3, triple axel and what not.

9. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

It was wonderful to be able to see those perfornances, in person,
    The audience response was really something!

10. Doubletoe

Doubletoe Well-Known Member

I was so blown away by her "Rockit" SP that year that I didn't even remember the LP, LOL! So kudos to you! :respec:

11. Rock2

Rock2 Well-Known Member

I know huh? And in that program she singled the axel and had a bad landing on her combination. And STILL she got a standing ovation. Speaks to the power of good choreo and originality.

12. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

I saw the SP and FS live in St. Louis - she was electric and totally stole the show! Even after the competition everyone around me was very much abuzz about Stephanie! :)