Music of this program

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by ltnskater, May 24, 2010.

1. ltnskater

ltnskater Active Member

2. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

I think the first one is a piece of the original sountrack of the movie "Goodbye Lenin", composed by Yann Tiersen.

3. Nmsis

Nmsis Well-Known Member

All the pieces are from Tiersen and Goodbye Lenin

1) Mother's Journey
    2) Summer 78
    3) Preparations For The Last TV Fake

I just hope that someday, skaters will be using musics from Tiersen other than from Goodbye Lenin and Amélie even if those tracks are lovely. lol

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  4. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Have you seen Samuel Contesti's SP from 2005 ? Beautiful (especially at Euros)

5. Nmsis

Nmsis Well-Known Member

I remember the begining of J'envoie valser by Zazie and musics from Amélie in 2009. Not sure about 2005.

I've a personal foundness for Tiersen's Rue de la cascade, Kala, La Boulange and the sountrack of Tabarly.
    Amélie and Goodbye Lenin over are becoming "usual" in figure skating ... A bit too much for my taste. Especially when Amélie is used, as few skaters actually know how to convey the spirit and mood of this music properly. :shuffle:

6. Valentina

Valentina New Member

I looove yann and he has a wonderfull discography, most of his songs could be used in figure skating.

really, coreographers should do more research...there are 100000000000 of good songs for this sport but they use POTO and many more of the kind :wall:

7. key65man

key65man New Member

I think it takes a great choreographer and a performer to do the music justice. Otherwise, the program would have a lounge feel bloated with cheap sentimentalism. I actually have not seen a great program using the soundtrack of Good Bye Lenin (what a wonderful movie!). Any suggestion?

The third part, as noticed by a youtube user, sounds like a variation on Libertango. Interesting.

8. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Yes, I also love Kala and Rue des Cascades, from the movie soundtrack "La vie rêvée des anges" ! :swoon:
    I love Loin des villes et Monochrome.

I'll try to upload Samuel's SP from 2005 Euros, and to post it on fsvids ! ;)

9. piano18

piano18 New Member

une magnifique valse par Yann Tiersen- La Veillée

J'adore "First Sleep" :inavoid: :inavoid: :swoon: :swoon: :inavoid:

et Flashing (pour un gala)

et Walking and Falling :hat1::swoon::inavoid:

J'aime tout particulièrement "First Sleep"........je me sens tout à coup très nostalgique et fatigué et "voidy" :swoon:

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  10. key65man

key65man New Member

Choreographers have to balance out art and business. Although it is not supposed to, the music does affect judging, however sligtly, and definitely fans' appreciation. Many skaters live off "good" music while they flail their arms around inarticulately without making any good artistic impression (get some youtube clips, turn the music off and watch how they move). "Good" music is very subjective, however. I guess that is one of the reason that they get more conservative and tend to choose what has been proven working.

Of course, some probably are just incompetent or lazy and find it very hard to do one without any reference of how it has previously done.

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  11. key65man

key65man New Member

BTW, thanks for the good music....