Ms. Kwan Goes to Washington

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Visaliakid, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Visaliakid

Visaliakid Well-Known Member

Michelle at 30, master's degree in hand, she moves further beyond skating - Latest blog from Phil Hersh@ Chicago Tribune

Graduation Photo

Photo Caption: Michelle Kwan surrounded by Dr. Peter W. Ackerman (left), chairman of the Fletcher School Board of Overseers and Fletcher School Dean Stephen Bosworth as she receives her master's degree May 22. (Photo courtesy The Fletcher School at Tufts University)

2. Jem X

Jem X Skate America arrives!

Congrats to Michelle. She appears to have found something she enjoys as much as skating. PRLady and Blue Ridge, keep your eyes peeled, Michelle is moving to Washington DC.

Phil's article has a photo of Michelle in a tight gold dress. She still seems pretty fit.

3. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this, Visaliakid. She's just grown into being more and more of an interesting person. (And Dean Stephen Bosworth needs to rethink flesh colored ties with graduation apparel -- at first glance I thought he had a sliver of bare chest on view. Ick.)

4. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

5. birdgal

birdgal New Member

I never stop being impressed by Michelle Kwan. What a gifted woman.

6. Margot

Margot New Member

I, too, am continually impressed with Michelle, Life is not about what you accomplished in the past, it's what you continue to do in the future.

7. Civic

Civic New Member

Way to go Michelle! She continues to make figure skating fans proud. Btw, I met Stephen Bosworth many years ago. He was the guest speaker at a Dartmouth College Alumni Society function and talked about US foreign policy.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  8. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  9. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

:encore:

10. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Congrats on the degree! Quite an accomplishment in and of itself. But now I wonder about the career plans. So is Michelle planning to be a life-long "political appointment" or is she planning to take the Foreign Service Exam and earn her spot in the diplomatic corps?

11. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

From the article:

Kwan could not be specific about her immediate work plans

I think we can assume that at some point we'll learn more information on her work plans. Until then, it's all conjecture.

12. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

Maybe she could make peace in the Middle East. No-one else has been able to but the Kween has special powers.

13. Spartacus

Spartacus Member