Move in each Discipline you'd want to learn. Skaters to teach it to you.

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by FSWer, Oct 7, 2011.

1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Ok. What I want to ask you all today is....to name the one move (just one) in each Discipline that you would love to learn....and name just the one Skater or Team (for Pairs and Ice-Dance) to teach it to you. Enough to do it as well as they could. For example...for me it's.....

Freestyle = A Spiral = Give me Freestyler Ashley Wagner for that one!!!! LOL.

Pairs Skating = A Death Spiral = My Pairs Skaters = Give me Amanda Evora and Mark Ladwig.

Ice-Dance = An arm wrap around the waist. With my arm stretched out holding my Partner (or whatever that move is called). = I'm not sure. But I'd say...Lynn Kriengengkrairut and Logan Giuliett. But give me those Ice-Dancers!!!! Synchronized Skating = To skate in Sync. with an Arm- Hold. = Give me The Crystallettes!!!! Ok everyone..............GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  2. quebecoise

quebecoise New Member

Freestyle= axel= Patrick Chan...I can do all jumps except axel I'm too afraid maybe Patrick will give me motivation to do it lol

Pairs Skating= death spiral= David Pelletier I'm sure I will feel safe with him. If Tessa Bonhomme can do one, I can do it for sure

Dance= an easy and cool dance lift= Scott Moir

Synchronized skating= hum I did some synchro so I already did some of the moves

3. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

I think it would be a pretty big undertaking for any elite/professional skater to teach someone to do a move "as well as they could".

Personally I would just be happy for whoever it was to show me step by step how they do the move, and make some suggestions how I could improve my version of it.

4. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

singles = slide spiral - Robin Cousins

pairs = death spiral - any of the ladies who can touch their head to the ice!

dance = fast twizzles - Davis/White

It would also be fun to spin on my boots or jump in a shoot-the-duck position like Phillipe, or do some of Gary Beacom's moves.