Most users ever online was 1,042, 06-06-2012 at 07:36 AM. - What happened then?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by A.H.Black, Nov 5, 2012.

1. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

I just noticed this statistic at the bottom of the Main Forum page. June 6th was not during the skating season at all so what happened on that day that caused so many people to be online at the same time?

Was that the day we learned about Spilband being fired from the rink? It's the only thing I can think of.

2. lulu

lulu New Member

3. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

I wondered that, too. Would the Igor firing bring THAT many posters at once? More than the major competitions and the Olympics???

4. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

I think I remember this being discussed at the time of Igor's firing. Why would it be bigger the Olympics? That's interesting. It was more shocking than anything happening at the Olympics? There were lots of sources for the Olympics but few like this for info on Igor?

5. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

Are kiss & cry posts from the previous season unlocked to non-susbcribers at some point? If so, then this could have been when it happened, as all the unlocked posts would then be indexed by search engine robots accounting for the bulk of the 1,042 "people" online.

Previous peaks in "number of people online" have occurred when previously private/subscriber-only posts/threads have been made public, if I remember correctly.

6. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Never underestimate the power of an Igor. That means you too, Marina!! :soapbox:

:p

LadyNit and (deleted member) like this.
  7. ambern024

ambern024 New Member

it was my birthday!!! duhh!! lol :lol:

8. cygnus

cygnus Liberal Furry

58th Anniversary of D-Day? ;)

9. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

I'm quite sure both of those occasions were part of the significant numbers.

If it really was because that was the time the restricted areas became available, I find that disappointing. I want the huge number to be for a real skating reason.

10. hockeyplayer2

hockeyplayer2 Member

:rofl: Ain't that the truth...