Most Liked Coach....

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Proustable, May 4, 2011.

1. pinky33

pinky33 New Member

I wonder how many of these coaches made their skaters. I admire the coaches that take a skater from wall hugger to triples. These are far and few. The true heros of the sport are the coaches that have the ability to make a skater that can then move on to be an international athlete.

2. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

This is true. Many international stars learned their technique from anonymous coaches in their hometown before they moved on to celebrity coaches.

3. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

^^ Yep, in that case, I'd like to mention Mabel Fairbanks (who coached a number of skaters who went on to world renown -- she also brought together Tai Babilonia and Randy Gardner, and coached them until they left for big-time pairs coach, John Nicks).

Also, Priscilla Hill, I believe has been a wonderful coach to a number of skaters (even tho' reportedly she may not handle the emotional aspects as well -- a psychologist can be brought in for that).

I like how Linda Leaver and Brian Boitano maintained a close relationship throughout his amateur and professional career. He never dumped her, and she helped guide him to get the extra help he needed as his career progressed.

I like so far what I've seen of Kori Ade -- not knowing too much about her as yet.

Mark Mitchell and Peter Johansson seem to have done a lot of good work in developing their skaters (in the past they've won USFSA/PSA Developmental Coaches of the Year awards). Ross Miner is very talented, but obviously Mark and Peter deserve a lot of credit in helping him come back from an injury last season to do well on the GP circuit, grab a bronze at Nationals and skate two very good, clean performances at Worlds -- Ross deserved some better marks in Moscow.

4. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

Kori Ade seems like a really nice person and I admire her relationship with Jason Brown. :)

How could anyone not like Frank Carroll!

5. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

Yeah Michelle really did well in SLC without a coach didn't she? :rolleyes:

6. pinky33

pinky33 New Member

Serhii Vaypan has been doing a great job develpoing young skaters!

7. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

Robin Wagner, Tom Z and Morozov (if you ask them that is). ;)

8. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

I like TAT for the way she cared for Yags, she called him her hercules lol. You can tell she cares for her students.

9. victoriaheidi

victoriaheidi New Member

If I were a skater, I'd want Priscilla Hill or TAT to be my coach. Seeing as I live in LA, if I'd grown up skating my whole childhood, I would have wanted John Nicks or Frank Carroll, though.

If I were a dancer, I'd be rushing myself to Canton!

10. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

Not to mention Kori Ade is about the hottest looking coach out there at the moment. Hollywood good looks, and seems such a lovely person.

11. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

Oh, I want to add Lepistö's coach to the list. I think she's wonderful.

12. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

Yeah Kori Ade is hot. I guess i'm used to to the older women coaching in figure skating so it's nice to see a younger agttractive woman coaching. Yeah i'm shallow like that. LOL

13. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

I like the combo of Angelika Krylova and Shae-Lynne Bourne. I also like Patrick Chan's coach, Kristy Krall; Richard Gautier (sp?), (a canadian pairs coach, used to coach S&P), the Canton team, TT, Moskvina, Brian Orser, and Ingo Stoyer (S&S's coach) and last, but not least, Yuka & Jason (I really like how they helped Alyssa Czisny this year).

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  14. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

15. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

16. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I like Krylova-Kamerlengo team, Vodorezova, Laine-Razgulyevs, Oleg Volkov, Tamara Moskvina, Ingo Stoer, Grutter, Sato.

17. hockeyplayer2

hockeyplayer2 Member

I agree with you, pani, on Krylova-Camerlengo team. Looks like they will have some good teams up and coming in the next few years. Love Camerlengo's choreography, and now with Scali in the mix, it will be interesting to see what they bring to the sport.

18. shan

shan Well-Known Member

PSA & USFS announce 2011 Coach of the Year nominees

I'm guessing Shpilband/Zoueva will be named coach of the year. (Not to discount all of the other coaches on that list) I don't recognize all of the choreographers. Who did Josh Babb choreograph for?